• Jose J. Gamino-Hinojoza, 34, of the 500 block of West Chicago Street, was arrested after police executed a search warrant of his residence at about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday, police reports said. Gamino-Hinojoza was charged with manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a church, manufacture/delivery of between 2,000 and 5,000 grams of cannabis, possession of between 1 and 15 grams of cocaine, and possession of a controlled substance, police said. Inside Gamino-Hinojoza's residence, police found individually packaged plastic bags containing a total of 2,020 grams of suspected marijuana, and individually packaged plastic bags containing a total of four grams of cocaine. Gamino-Hinojoza told police he had been deported for a drug offense in 2001. Gamino-Hinojoza appeared in Kane County bond court Thursday morning, where his bail was set at $75,000. He is next due in court Feb. 21.
• A woman was taken to the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital on Saturday night after she was robbed on the 1200 block of Apple Lane, police reports said. The woman was walking up to her home's entrance with her son when a man approached them and struck the woman twice in the head with a metal object. The hospital reported the injuries did not appear to be serious. The man took her purse, containing $5 and her wallet, and ran eastbound.
• A woman was punched and then robbed of her purse at a laundry near McLean Boulevard and Big Timber Road just before 4 p.m. Sunday, police reports said. The woman said a man and a woman were in the laundry with her and suddenly took her purse, which contained $400 cash, credit cards, her inhaler, an allergy shot and miscellaneous items. Police processed a coffee cup for fingerprints, and requested video surveillance from the laundry and nearby stores.
• A jewelry box and gold jewelry were stolen at about 9:30 p.m. Feb. 1 from a home on Jefferson Avenue, police said. The rear door was pried open; a pry tool was left behind and processed for fingerprints.
• A padlock and tools were reportedly taken sometime between midnight and 8:50 a.m. Feb. 1 from a storage unit on Schoen Drive, police said.
• Eggs were thrown at a home in the 200 block of Sioux Avenue on Saturday and at another home in the 300 block of Delaware Street the following day, police said.
• Someone crashed a vehicle into a fire hydrant in the 36W600 block of Red Haw Lane near St. Charles, cracking its base, causing a leak and resulting in "a few thousand dollars" of damage, according to a sheriff's report. The damage was discovered at 4:45 p.m. Saturday.
• Red spray painted graffiti was discovered in a tunnel at 10:29 a.m. Monday at the La Fox train station, 40W999 Keslinger Road, according to a sheriff's report.
• An estimated $3,000 to $4,000 damage was done to a rental home in the 100 block of Old Farm Road near Carpentersville after occupants punched holes in drywall, broke a skylight, and damaged ceilings in bedrooms causing attic insulation to fall onto the floor between 9 a.m. Jan. 29 and 4 p.m. Jan. 30, according to a sheriff's report.