Breaking News Bar
updated: 2/4/2013 1:52 PM

One slightly hurt in Wheaton fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

One person was slightly injured Monday morning when an unattended candle apparently sparked a fire in a residence on the 1200 block of East Oxford in Wheaton.

Firefighters said they responded at 9:33 a.m. and found the fire in a second-floor bedroom. They were able to bring the fire under control in minutes.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Authorities said the sole resident was evacuated and treated for a minor injury at the scene and then released. Damage estimates were not yet available, but the building was turned back to the property owner.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here