2014 readers choice results
Article updated: 2/4/2013 1:52 PM

One slightly hurt in Wheaton fire

text size: AAA
By Daily Herald report

One person was slightly injured Monday morning when an unattended candle apparently sparked a fire in a residence on the 1200 block of East Oxford in Wheaton.

Firefighters said they responded at 9:33 a.m. and found the fire in a second-floor bedroom. They were able to bring the fire under control in minutes.

Advertisement

Authorities said the sole resident was evacuated and treated for a minor injury at the scene and then released. Damage estimates were not yet available, but the building was turned back to the property owner.

Comments ()
We are now using Facebook comments to offer a more inclusive, social and constructive discussion. Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.

This article filed under

Latest Video

MostViewed

Today
Yesterday
Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad

    MarketsReport

    DHExtras

       
    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North

    FacebookActivity

    BusinessDirectory

    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.