Breaking News Bar
posted: 1/23/2013 12:01 AM

Fireplace sparks house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A family and its pets escaped injury after a spark from their fireplace started a fire in the chimney Tuesday evening.

The Elburn and Countryside Fire Protection District responded to a call at 7:32 p.m. near the corner of Route 38 and Francis Road in Maple Park. The chimney fire had spread into the walls of the residence.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The family escaped unharmed, and firefighters were able to rescue the family's pets, which included a snakelike lizard called a skink, said Elburn Lt. Mike Huneke said.

The fire was extinguished within a half-hour. Multiple departments assisted, including Batavia, Geneva, Sugar Grove, Maple Park, Kaneville, Big Rock and Burlington, while St. Charles provided backup.

The fire is still under investigation, and no damage estimate was available Tuesday evening.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.