Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
•Michael Krotman, 59, of the 600 block of Grove Drive, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 5:45 p.m. Dec. 28 at Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, and charged with retail theft.
• Adam Jared Weiss, 26, of the 600 block of Stanford Lane, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 12:15 a.m. Dec. 29 at Happfield Drive and Arlington Heights Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and a traffic violation.
• Burglars stole a watch and medication out of an unlocked vehicle in a driveway on the 100 block of Mary Lu Lane between 2 and 6:30 a.m. Jan. 12.
• Thieves stole a Waste Management garbage can at a home on the 500 block of Parkview between 8:26 and 9:26 a.m. Jan. 9.
• Thieves stole a purse from a patio on the 800 block of Trace around 6 p.m. Jan. 6.
• A Buffalo Grove man received an email Jan. 9 advising that he was going to be arrested on charges of one of several offenses. The email stated it was from the Department of Justice and instructed him to purchase a prepaid credit card and enter the numbers and security code on the screen. The screen showed a countdown timer, giving the time of his pending arrest. Police assured him that it was a scam.
• Vandals broke the rear window on one vehicle and smashed the front windshield and side window on a second vehicle and spray painted graffiti on both in a driveway on the 1100 block of Millcreek between midnight and 10:21 a.m. Jan. 2.
• Vandals broke several Christmas decorations in the front yard at a home on the 900 block of Old Checker between 7:15 p.m. Jan. 1 and 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
• Vandals broke Christmas decorations and damaged the overhead garage door at a home on the 300 block of Hawthorn around 8:45 p.m. Jan. 1.
• Vandals damaged Christmas decorations in the front yard at a home on the 100 block of Crestview around 8 p.m. Jan. 1.
• Burglars broke into a car on the 1300 block of Dundee Road between 10 p.m. Dec. 31 and 2 a.m. Jan. 1 and stole a purse.
• Thieves stole the hood, shift knob and parts out of the trunk on a car on Oak Creek Drive between 2 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. Dec. 28.
• A vandal hurled a brick that shattered the rear windshield and cracked the front windshield on a car on the 0-100 block of Wakefield Lane between Dec. 18 and 28.
• Thieves stole a gray mountain bike locked in an enclosed Dumpster area at a restaurant, 720 W. Lake-Cook Road, between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 28 and 10 p.m. Dec. 29.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close