Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a black case with 72 CDs, a digital camera, GPS unit, phone charger and a pair of prescription sunglasses out of a 2011 Cadillac CTS in a townhouse driveway on the 2400 block of Towne Boulevard between noon Dec. 29 and noon Jan. 2. Value was estimated at $1,280.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a purse after the female victim left the purse on a window ledge when she picked up her food order at Panera Bread, 31 S. Evergreen Ave., between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 2. Someone used a debit card at a Jewel and Target in Arlington Heights. Loss was estimated at $2,000. Value of the purse and contents was estimated at $50.
• Jasmin M. Drane, 22, of the 1000 block of Inverary Lane, Deerfield, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Jan. 3 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly hid merchandise valued at $76 in her purse, took the items to a customer service counter and received cash for them. She was stopped by a security agent. Her court date is Feb. 14.
• Vandals broke a cast-iron mailbox and post at a home on the 900 block of North Derbyshire Avenue around 4:45 p.m. Jan. 4. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals pulled a plastic sign out of the ground between the drive-through menu board and speaker at Culvers, 2060 E. Northwest Hwy., between 10 p.m. Jan. 4 and 7 a.m. Jan. 5 and used a sharp edge on the broken sign to scratch a screen. Damage was estimated at $330. The restaurant has been vandalized more than once.
• Burglars removed a patio door screen and opened the door at a home on the 1500 block of North Patton Avenue between 3:55 and 5:23 p.m. Jan. 4 but nothing appeared to be missing. The family dog may have frightened the offenders away. The dog ran outside and a neighbor alerted the residents that their dog was loose.
• A man hid three bottles of cologne in his jacket at Ulta Beauty, 456 E. Rand Road, around 10:50 a.m. Jan. 5. A security agent stopped him and retrieved one bottle, but the offender fled with two bottles. Value was estimated at $103.
• A woman hid four wireless headphones in a shopping bag at AT&T store, 585 E. Palatine Road, around 1:50 p.m. Jan. 5. Value was estimated at $730.
• Burglars pried a rear door at Green With Envy Landscaping, 411 W. Colfax, between Dec. 31 and Jan. 5 and stole a desktop computer, fax machine, battery charger, two chain saws, a toolbox with tools, impact wrench, hedge trimmers, adding machine, concrete saw and backpack blower. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Emiliano G. Corral, 56, of the 1200 block of Inverrarry Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 3 p.m. Jan. 3 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took three pairs of shoe inserts valued at $150.
• Vandals smashed the rear and side windows on a 1998 Ford Ranger pickup truck on the 1800 block of North Green Lane between midnight and 12:15 a.m. Jan. 5. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole a socket set, two golf clubs, two fillet knives and six bobbin-style fishing tip ups for ice fishing out of an open garage on the 300 block of South Cedar Street between Dec. 12 and Jan. 2.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, two electronic tablets, and an in-dash CD player out of a 2002 Ford Windstar in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of Dundee Quarter between 5 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 5. Value was estimated at $2,350.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close