• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars stole a black case with 72 CDs, a digital camera, GPS unit, phone charger and a pair of prescription sunglasses out of a 2011 Cadillac CTS in a townhouse driveway on the 2400 block of Towne Boulevard between noon Dec. 29 and noon Jan. 2. Value was estimated at $1,280.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a purse after the female victim left the purse on a window ledge when she picked up her food order at Panera Bread, 31 S. Evergreen Ave., between 8:30 and 9 p.m. Jan. 2. Someone used a debit card at a Jewel and Target in Arlington Heights. Loss was estimated at $2,000. Value of the purse and contents was estimated at $50.
• Jasmin M. Drane, 22, of the 1000 block of Inverary Lane, Deerfield, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. Jan. 3 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly hid merchandise valued at $76 in her purse, took the items to a customer service counter and received cash for them. She was stopped by a security agent. Her court date is Feb. 14.
• Vandals broke a cast-iron mailbox and post at a home on the 900 block of North Derbyshire Avenue around 4:45 p.m. Jan. 4. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals pulled a plastic sign out of the ground between the drive-through menu board and speaker at Culvers, 2060 E. Northwest Hwy., between 10 p.m. Jan. 4 and 7 a.m. Jan. 5 and used a sharp edge on the broken sign to scratch a screen. Damage was estimated at $330. The restaurant has been vandalized more than once.
• Burglars removed a patio door screen and opened the door at a home on the 1500 block of North Patton Avenue between 3:55 and 5:23 p.m. Jan. 4 but nothing appeared to be missing. The family dog may have frightened the offenders away. The dog ran outside and a neighbor alerted the residents that their dog was loose.
• A man hid three bottles of cologne in his jacket at Ulta Beauty, 456 E. Rand Road, around 10:50 a.m. Jan. 5. A security agent stopped him and retrieved one bottle, but the offender fled with two bottles. Value was estimated at $103.
• A woman hid four wireless headphones in a shopping bag at AT&T store, 585 E. Palatine Road, around 1:50 p.m. Jan. 5. Value was estimated at $730.
• Burglars pried a rear door at Green With Envy Landscaping, 411 W. Colfax, between Dec. 31 and Jan. 5 and stole a desktop computer, fax machine, battery charger, two chain saws, a toolbox with tools, impact wrench, hedge trimmers, adding machine, concrete saw and backpack blower. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Emiliano G. Corral, 56, of the 1200 block of Inverrarry Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 3 p.m. Jan. 3 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took three pairs of shoe inserts valued at $150.
• Vandals smashed the rear and side windows on a 1998 Ford Ranger pickup truck on the 1800 block of North Green Lane between midnight and 12:15 a.m. Jan. 5. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Thieves stole a socket set, two golf clubs, two fillet knives and six bobbin-style fishing tip ups for ice fishing out of an open garage on the 300 block of South Cedar Street between Dec. 12 and Jan. 2.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, two electronic tablets, and an in-dash CD player out of a 2002 Ford Windstar in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of Dundee Quarter between 5 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 5. Value was estimated at $2,350.