Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/19/2012 4:37 PM

Prospect Heights man charged with indecent solicitation of a teen

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

Cook County Judge Jill Cerone Marisie ordered a Prospect Heights man held on $50,000 bail after prosecutors say he tried to solicit a teenage boy for sex.

Jesus Castillo-Vasquez, 28, of the 800 block of Piper Lane, was charged with the indecent solicitation of a child and attempted criminal sexual assault, offenses punishable by three to seven years in prison. Probation is also available.

Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Lesley Gool said Castillo-Vasquez, who knows a member of the 15-year-old boy's family, went Sunday to the family's home where the boy was alone. Castillo-Vasquez tried to force the teen to commit a sex act, Gool said. After the boy refused and pushed the defendant away, the defendant reportedly attempted to negotiate with the teen, offering him $20 as compensation, Gool said.

At the time of his arrest Castillo-Vasquez was on conditional discharge for driving on a suspended license. He has a conviction for the same offense from last year and from 2009, Gool said. He spent 200 days in jail in 2009 for aggravated battery with a weapon and received one year supervision for retail theft in 2007, Gool said.

Castillo-Vasquez next appears in court on Jan. 11.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.