Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/18/2012 12:33 PM

Candles start small fire in Lombard house

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Holiday decorations caught fire inside a Lombard house Monday, damaging furniture in the living room but causing no injuries, authorities said Tuesday.

A resident of the home in the 600 block of Green Valley Drive discovered a small fire surrounding burning candles and called 911.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters are encouraging residents to keep candles away from combustible decorations, burn them inside glass containers and extinguish them before leaving home or going to sleep.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.