It's not New Year's resolution time just yet so loosen your belts and bring your appetites as the Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin welcomes seven new restaurants to our downtown with another installment of the award-winning Open for Business progressive ribbon cuttings aptly titled the "Downtown Elgin Grub Crawl."
Over the next two weeks, the public is invited to come for a ribbon cutting with the business owners, staff, DNA board members and other Elgin dignitaries at a different new downtown restaurant each day and then stay to enjoy lunch or dinner to get to know your newest downtown neighbors.
Contact information ( * required )
The Downtown Elgin Grub Crawl schedule is as follows (dates and times subject to change):
• Noon Monday, Dec. 10 at In the Neighborhood Fresh at the Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove Ave.
• Noon Tuesday, Dec. 11 at On the Side Restaurant, 74 S. Grove Ave.
• 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12 at Danny's on Douglas, 231 Douglas Ave.
• Noon Thursday, Dec. 13 at La Erencia de mis Padres, 165 E. Highland Ave.
• 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14 at Mr. Tequila's, 51 S. Grove Ave.
• 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 17 at M Squared Bakery at the National Street Metra Station
• Noon Wednesday, Dec. 19 at Chooch's Pizza, 64 S. Grove Ave.
As a tasty incentive, the DNA is also offering a punchcard promotion where guests who attend at least five of the seven Grub Crawl ribbon cuttings will be eligible for a drawing for $50 in Downtown Elgin gift certificates. Punchcards will be available at the DNA office, 2 Douglas Ave. or at any of the ribbon cuttings.
The DNA launched the "Open for Business in Downtown Elgin" progressive ribbon cuttings in April to welcome eight new businesses that had opened their doors in the first quarter of 2012. In late June, the DNA revived "Open for Business" to honor one of downtown's newest businesses, Soulful Sparrow, and one of downtown's most tenured businesses, Central Barber Shop.
This past September, DNA's Open for Business in Downtown Elgin progressive ribbon cuttings were honored with a Lt. Governor's Award for Main Street Revitalization for Outstanding Economic Development program at the Illinois Main Street Conference and Awards Dinner in Quincy, Ill.
Watch a video recap of the April Open for Business in Downtown Elgin progressive ribbon cuttings on YouTube, www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0aci2mbTxY.