Northwest suburban police blotter
• Miguel Angel Martinez, 21, of the 100 block of Hansom, Wheeling, was arrested around 1:05 a.m. Nov. 14 on Dundee Road at Betty Drive and charged with felony manufacture/delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and speeding.
• Benito Figueroa, 39, of the 2300 block of North Major Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 11:20 a.m. Nov. 28 at Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly hid merchandise in his backpack.
• Alexander E. Hernandez, 18, of the 200 block of Cindy, Wheeling, was arrested around 6 p.m. Nov. 27 at his home and charged with theft after he reportedly took a gold necklace, class ring and a $5 bill out of a bedroom at a friend's home on the 100 block of Mary Lu Lane between 2 and 5 p.m. Nov. 24.
• Ulises Oliva, 43, of the 18600 block of West Lovers Lane, Grayslake, was arrested around 2:55 a.m. Nov. 23 on the 500 block of West Dundee Road and charged with illegal transportation of open liquor, DUI and traffic violations.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on the southwest personnel door, side of shipping trailer and four roll up doors at Yaskawa, 1067 Johnson Drive, around noon Nov. 26.
• A man stole $250 from the Starbucks counter in Dominick's, 770 S. Buffalo Grove Road, around 5:45 p.m. Nov. 26 after he pulled a quick change scam on the female clerk.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a customer's purse at Starbucks, 55 N. McHenry Road, around 5 p.m. Nov. 21 after she left her purse next to the condiment stand. Contents included gift cards valued at $200, driver's license, bank cards, and $200 in cash.
• Burglars broke into a van in a fitness center lot, 601 Deerfield Parkway, between 6:10 and 8:10 p.m. Nov. 23 and stole a purse containing credit cards, driver's license, children's jewelry and $200 in cash. They used some of the cards at several places; value was estimated at $1,113.
• Thieves stole a driver's license out of the cup holder in a car at a store lot, 1160 W. Lake-Cook Road, between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 24.
• Thieves stole a bottle of whiskey and $50 from a home on Brucewood Court around 11:15 a.m. Nov. 24.
• Burglars stole a purse out of an unlocked car in an open garage on the 700 block of Thompson Boulevard between 10 p.m. Nov. 24 and 9:45 a.m. Nov. 25 and stole an iPod and debit card.
• Burglars stole a set of binoculars valued at $350 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 400 block of Ronnie Drive between 9 p.m. Nov. 24 and 9:45 a.m. Nov. 25.
• Burglars broke into a vehicle in a lot at 350 N. McHenry Road around 10:30 p.m. Nov. 20 and stole a bag of body healing crystals valued at $375.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on park equipment at Mike Rylko Park, 1000 N. Buffalo Grove Road, between 4 p.m. Nov. 15 and 9 a.m. Nov. 16.
• Vandals bashed five mailboxes on the 0-100 block of Carlyle Lane, 200 block of Stanton Drive, and 100 block of Thompson Boulevard between 9:30 p.m. Nov. 17 and 8:30 a.m. Nov. 18.
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close