Home catches fire in Huntley
A fire in a single-family home near the Huntley High School tied up traffic in the area Monday evening as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze.
Nobody was injured when the Huntley Fire Protection District responded to a call at about 4:45 p.m. of a fire in a single-story residence in the 13000 block of Harmony Road.
The home was unoccupied and currently undergoing renovation. Firefighters spent almost two hours working to extinguish the fire.
"The fire is undetermined. We don't have a cause, but it doesn't appear to be suspicious in any way," Huntley Lt. Steve Young said.
Young said it wasn't clear if the home's construction sparked the fire. He estimated the damages to be at least $50,000.
Other assisting fire departments were Algonquin, Lake in the Hills, Rutland-Dundee, Marengo, and Woodstock.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close