Thankfully, insiders, pundits, pollsters and celebrities have explained the election results as: (1) a repudiation by the majority of the conservative agenda; and (2) a belief that our nation's economy, security and position in the world will be enhanced if our leaders will focus all of their attention on the following:
• Declaring the traditional family as obsolete and making no judgments about personal behavior, while vowing unending support for "Baby Mamas," absentee fathers and their progeny who will live their lives in dependency.
Contact information ( * required )
• Making same-sex marriage the law of the land.
• Legalizing pot (and while they are at it, all other "recreational drugs") throughout the country.
• Dropping this nonsense about protecting our borders from the problems caused by illegal immigrants -- advocating, instead, to open borders for all to enter. Then, providing all comers with lodging, food stamps, medical care and education at no cost (to them).
• Stopping this business of discriminating against women-assuring, instead, ensuring that all are provided with free birth control, abortions, and breast exams at any time.
• Taxing rich people until they are no longer rich.
• Dispatching Elizabeth Warren to personally beat up every banker in the country.
• Nationalizing as many societal functions as possible and, thereby, making government jobs available to anyone who wants to work (no problem if one doesn't want to work though). Using Obamacare as a template for these initiatives.
• Requiring everyone to join a union.
• Putting a lid on all those religious fanatics and ensuring that none of those Judeo-Christian beliefs or morality finds a way into any aspect of life in the public square.
Sounds like a plan, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it is a plan for further ruination of our nation, and for a society of which I want no part.
Charles F. Falk