• Diego A. Salas, 25, of the 100 block of South Melrose Avenue in Elgin, appeared in bond court Tuesday on charges of video recording someone without her consent, a felony, according to court documents. The woman discovered a hidden camera in a shared bathroom Friday that captured her getting into the shower, police reports said. The footage also showed Salas, reports said. Bail was set at $20,000, of which Salas must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Nov. 30 in St. Charles.
• A 2008 white GMC truck was stolen sometime between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday from Budget Truck Rental, 1455 Main Lane, according to police reports. The keys to the truck were in a lockbox that was broken into overnight, reports said.
• An Elgin man was the victim of a robbery at about 1:15 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of South McLean Boulevard, according to police reports. A woman approached him and asked for a dollar, and he took out his wallet out to retrieve one. Then a man came up and demanded all his money or he would hit him, reports said. The man then took his wallet, removed $400 in cash and walked away, reports said.
• Rosa M. Zastrow, 41, of Elgin, was arrested and later charged with assault and battery after running at her neighbor and kicking a police officer after being stopped, according to police reports. Zastrow was angry two neighbor boys used her rake to clean up leaves for another neighbor Oct. 28 on Jan Marie Lane, reports said. Zastrow is due in court Nov. 20. in Rolling Meadows.
• Juan Carlos Estrada, 29, of Elgin, was arrested and later charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after police were called to reports of a man with a gun at 11:15 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Gifford Street, according to police reports. Estrada told police he shot at a squirrel in a tree with a pellet gun, reports said. About 15 grams of marijuana and a digital scale with marijuana residue on it were found in Estrada's vehicle, reports said. He was also charged with a local citation for discharging an air rifle within city limits and is due in court Nov. 28 in Elgin, reports said.
• A vacant residence was damaged when someone gained entry, put holes in two walls in the basement and poured paint on top of the basement toilet sometime between 11 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Lincoln Avenue, according to police reports. A window air conditioner also was damaged, presumably when someone pulled it out of the window to get inside the house, reports said.
• A wallet was stolen from a locker in the YMCA sometime between 11:20 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. Friday from the men's locker room while a man was exercising, according to police reports. The door of the locker was pried back to get in and the wallet, containing $80 in cash, was stolen, reports said.