There's some action -- expansions and relocations -- taking place in Lake Zurich.
• Tuf-Tite, a supplier of plastic drainage and septic products was approved for a 24,400-square-foot addition at 1200 Flex Court. The proposed addition will add 35 employees initially.
• Smalley Steel Ring, which built a 105,022-square-foot addition in 2011, needs additional parking spaces for the morning shift employees at 550 Oakwood Raod.
The site plan with front yard variance to allow additional parking was approved by the village this summer.
• GereMarie Corp., the manufacturer of aluminum accessories for ski and wake board boats, has applied for a special use permit to allow anodizing of metals and formed products. The anodizing equipment will be located at the northeast corner of the building. GereMarie moved into the former P.M.C building at 1275 Ensell Road.
• Homerun Sports & Fitness applied for a special use permit to allow relocation of its fitness center from its current location at 143 E. Main St. to a 28,250-square-foot facility at 130-140 Oakwood Road in the industrial park.
• Kim Mikus is the editor of the Daily Herald Business Ledger. She welcomes news at email@example.com.