Book notes: Nanny Diaries authors discuss new teen book
• "The Nanny Diaries" authors Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Krause read from and sign copies of their newest title for teens, "Over You," at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Local artist and educator Terri Murphy reads from her new children's book, "One Day I Went Rambling," at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Murphy also will lead guests in activities based on the book. The book is designed for children ages 5 to 8. Free and open to the public. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Meet author Jeffrey Siger as he discusses and signs copies of his book "Target: Tinos" at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Author Kenneth N. Green discusses and signs copies of his book "I'm From Division Street" at 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at North Suburban Synagogue Beth El, 1175 Sheridan Road, Highland Park. The program begins following a 9:30 a.m. breakfast. The community is invited to attend. For information or to make reservations, call the synagogue at (847) 432-8900. Green also discusses and signs copies of his book at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at Dover Straits, 890 E. U.S. Hwy. 45, Mundelein. The community is invited to attend. The program is presented by Chaverot Hadassah. Reservations are requested. Call (847) 205-1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Green will also be on hand to discuss and sign copies of his book at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, at the Indian Trails Public Library, 355 S. Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. Free. (847) 459-4100 or indiantrailslibrary.org.
• Steve Case, author of the book "God Up Close," will spend an evening telling Christian-themed stories in a program beginning at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at St. Paul's United Church of Christ, 5739 Dunham Road, Downers Grove. Case is also the author of "The Book of Uncommon Prayer." Free admission; a freewill offering is welcome. (630) 969-2783 or stpaulsuccdg.org.
— Laura Stewart
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close