• Javier Valdivia, 33, of the 400 block of Prospect Street in Elgin, appeared in bond court Wednesday on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to court documents. Valdivia was arrested at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday after police pulled him over for improper lane usage on the 0-99 block of Wilcox Avenue, according to police reports. In a search of his vehicle, police found 36 grams of marijuana and a glass smoking pipe, reports said. Police also confiscated $885 in Valdivia's possession, reports said. Bail was set at $50,000, of which Valdivia must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Oct. 18 in St. Charles.
• Bank papers, rental agreements and government-issued documents were stolen sometime between 9 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Sunday from a home on the 0-99 block of South Crystal Street, according to police reports. There was no damage to the home in the burglary, reports said.
• Coins were stolen in a vehicle burglary but a laptop computer was left behind sometime between 6 p.m. Friday and 11:15 a.m. Sunday from a car parked on the 100 block of Elm Street, according to police reports.
• Three vehicles were burglarized sometime between 1:15 and 11 a.m. Sunday while they were parked in a driveway on the 1200 block of Blackhawk Drive, according to police reports. A wallet with debit and credit cards, a driver's license and $40 in cash and coins was stolen from one vehicle. A total of $68 was stolen from the other two vehicles, reports said.
• A wallet containing a Firearms Owners Identification Card and a retired Chicago Police Fraternal Order of Police badge was reported stolen Oct. 4 from a resident of the 38W400 block of Burr Oak Lane near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• A pedestrian walking on the 5N800 block of Prairie Valley Drive near St. Charles was clipped by a brown or green pickup truck at about 7:15 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report. The pedestrian was not seriously injured and the vehicle did not stop.
• Tree climbing equipment, chain saws and other tools -- worth a combined $4,000 -- were stolen between 7 p.m. Oct. 4 and 12:30 p.m. Saturday from a dump truck on the 37W800 block of Highland Avenue near Elgin, according to a sheriff report.
• Someone ran over five small fruit trees, valued at about $20 each, on the 7N400 block of Longridge Road near St. Charles between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4, according to a sheriff's report.