• An Elgin man was robbed at about 11 a.m. Oct. 4 on the 100 block of West Chicago Street, according to police reports. An unknown man approached him asking for change for a $20 bill and when he started to get it out of his wallet, the man took his wallet, pushed him to the ground and fled, reports said.
• Victor Campos, 41, of Elgin, appeared in bond court Thursday on charges of retail theft, according to court documents. A Walgreens employee identified Campos as the person who took nine packages of razor kits, merchandise totaling $275, according to police reports. Bail was set at $5,000 for the felony offense, of which Campos must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Oct. 17 in St. Charles.
• An Elgin man told police Oct. 1 he suspected his neighbors of shooting two raccoons the night before with a bow and arrow, according to police reports. The man, who feeds the raccoons on a regular basis, buried both of them in his yard on Lavoie Avenue, according to police reports.
• An Elgin woman reported a residential burglary that took place sometime between 6 p.m. Oct. 1 and 8 a.m. Oct. 2 on the 300 block of Adams Street, according to police reports. The offender entered through the garage door and seemed to leave through the front door, though nothing appeared to be stolen, reports said.
• Sarah Maucere, 21, of Elgin, appeared in bond court Thursday on a felony charge of retail theft, according to court documents. Maucere was arrested on charges she attempted to steal $187 worth of merchandise, included 16 packages of pain relievers, liquid cold medicine and disposable batteries from Jewel, 1660 Larkin Ave., just after noon Oct. 3, according to police reports. The severity of the theft charge was increased to a felony because of a previous theft conviction from earlier this year, reports said. Bail was set at $5,000, of which Maucere must pay 10 percent to be released before her next court date, scheduled for Oct. 17 in St. Charles.
• A MacBook Pro, two iPads, a PlayStation 3 game console and corresponding games and miscellaneous jewelry was stolen sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Oct. 3 from a home on the 800 block of Hastings Street, according to police reports.
• A television, men's watch, stereo, digital camera, cellphone and shelves were stolen sometime between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 3 from a home on the 200 block of McLean Boulevard, according to police reports.