• Keith W. Delawder, 32, of the 0-99 block of Sparrow Road in Carpentersville, was charged with two counts of aggravated battery after being arrested shortly before 1 a.m. Sept. 22 at a bar in the 200 block of East Chicago Street, according to police reports. Delawder is charged with threatening two different people by waving around a pistol, reports said. He is due in court Oct. 19 in Elgin.
• A young man walked into a store at about 2:45 p.m. Sept. 27 in the 400 block of North Grove Avenue, got a soda out of the refrigerator but told the cashier he didn't have money to pay for it, only to return with a gun five minutes later -- after the woman let him have the drink for free -- to demand money from the cash register, according to police reports. The young man left on a bike with about $250, reports said.
• Juan A. Martinez Reynoso, 32, of the 0-99 block of Tivoli Place in Elgin, appeared in bond court Monday on charges of aggravated DUI for driving with a revoked license, driving with no insurance and driving under the influence with child passengers as well as leaving the scene of a crash that caused personal injury -- all felonies, according to court documents. Martinez Reynoso was arrested after a crash at about 7 p.m. Sept. 30 in the 100 block of South Gifford Street, in which his Blue Ford Expedition crashed into a Ford F150 pickup truck, according to police reports. The driver of the truck was taken to Provena St. Joseph Hospital but Martinez Reynoso's vehicle was empty when police arrived, reports said. He had fled the scene with his three children only to return and try to drive his car away 10 minutes later, reports said. Bail was set at $200,000, of which Martinez Reynoso must pay 10 percent to be released before his next court date, scheduled for Oct. 10 in St. Charles.
• A 20-year-old Elgin man was hit by a vehicle driven by people to whom he was selling marijuana at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 25 in the 700 block of Orange Street, according to police reports. The man suffered cuts to the back of his head, shoulder and legs and was taken to Provena St. Joseph Hospital, reports said. No charges were filed at the time of the report.
• Kapreese Boykin, 43, of the 1700 block of Meyer Street in Elgin, and Walter A. Smith, 39, of the 1700 block of Maple Lane in Elgin, were arrested and later charged with retail theft after trying to take $236 worth of baby formula at about 6:30 a.m. Sept. 26 from Walmart, 1100 S. Randall Road, according to police reports. Store employees watched the couple load a cart with the formula and then leave the store while an unknown third man put it in a canvas bag and also left, reports said. Boykin and Smith are due in court Oct. 12 in Elgin.
• A 14-year-old Elgin boy was robbed of his iPhone while walking home from school Sept. 25 near the intersection of Van Street and Commonwealth Avenue, according to police reports. The victim did not know the teenager who robbed him but told police he punched him in the arm and rode away on a bike, reports said.
• Two plasma televisions and several pieces of jewelry were stolen sometime between 8:20 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sept. 27 from a home in the 0-99 block of Highbury Drive, according to police reports. A window screen was damaged in the burglary, reports said.
• Someone threw a rock through a window of a home in the 36W800 block of Red Gate Road near St. Charles at about 2:57 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone spray painted black graffiti on the side of a barn in the 10N0-99 block of Muirhead Road near Elgin between 1 and 7:18 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report.