• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A man carrying a weapon robbed a clerk at Town Liquor, 233 S. Main St., around 1:40 a.m. Aug. 22. The offender was described as 30-40 years old, wearing a hoodie and bandanna over his face.
• Burglars reached through an open window and entered a car in a store lot at 950 Route 59 around 8:30 p.m. Aug. 28 and stole a GPS unit and phone charger. Value was estimated at $270.
• Burglars opened a patio door at a home on Pleasant Drive around 3 a.m. Aug. 22 and ransacked the bedrooms.
• Gerrado Alvarado, 35, of the 1600 block of Tanglewood, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:10 a.m. Aug. 27 at East and Irving Park roads and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, aggravated DUI, driving with license suspended, and obstructing identification. He was also arrested on three warrants out of DuPage County.
• Javier Adorno-Mendez, 27, of the 2300 block of Glendale Terrace, Hanover Park, was arrested around 10:35 a.m. Aug. 24 at Lake and Walnut streets and charged with driving while license revoked. He also was arrested on charges of six warrants: out of DuPage County (two traffic and one retail theft), out of Elgin (obstructing ID and retail theft), and one traffic warrant out of Cook County.
• William F. Stimpel, 64, of the 800 block of Colony Lake Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Aug. 26 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with local ordinance retail theft.
• Marco C. Beach, 31, of the 1200 block of Crab Tree, Schaumburg, was arrested around 6:20 p.m. Aug. 25 on the 1200 block of Court O and charged with battery and criminal trespass.
• Michael J. Marugg, 26, of the 2300 block of Leeward, Hanover Park, was arrested at his home around 1:30 p.m. Aug. 25 and charged with criminal damage to property.
• George J. Ainalakis, 28, of the 1100 block of Parkview, Carol Stream, was arrested around 11:20 p.m. Aug. 24 at County Farm and Schick roads and charged with local ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 5:50 p.m. Aug. 29 on the 700 block of Weymouth Circle.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 2:30 p.m. Aug. 26 after a customer left it at Family Dollar store, 6754 Barrington Road.
• Burglars stole six antique chocolate pots out of a home on the 1400 block of Ramblewood around 6 p.m. Aug. 25.