• Gregory R. Schmitt, 23, of the 48W600 block of Whispering Oaks, Burlington, was charged with driving under the influence, improper lane use and illegal transportation of alcohol at 8:19 p.m. Aug. 20, near Meredith and Winters roads near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report. Authorities found an open can of cold beer in the vehicle.
• A 1999 Jeep Cherokee on the 3000 block of Ohio Drive was scratched with a key, police said. The damage was reported at 1:29 a.m. Tuesday.
• About 90 narcotic pills were stolen between 3 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Tuesday from the Brighton Garden Assisted Living facility, 600 Dunham Road, according to police.
• Robert G. Foster, 67, of the 200 block of North Cambridge Drive, Geneva, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in court for DUI charges from the Kane County Sheriff's Department at 3:48 p.m. Tuesday, according to a police report. Authorities were called to a grocery store on Prairie Street to give an intoxicated Foster a ride home and discovered the warrant, reports said.
• A iPad 2, valued at $900, was stolen between 7 and 11 p.m. Friday from the Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., during a scrapbooking convention, police said.
• A laptop computer, MacBook Pro and a portable printer were stolen from a sport utility vehicle on the 700 block of Courtyard Drive between 6:30 and 6:50 a.m. Aug. 24 after the vehicle's side window was broken, police reports said. The total loss was $6,100.
• Two iPods and a purse -- worth a combined $410 -- were stolen between 1 and 7:30 a.m. Saturday from a home on the 400 block of South Ninth Street, police said. The victims believe someone entered the home through an unlocked side door in the garage.
• A resident of the 1000 block of South Tyler Road reported $500 and three keys were stolen from his home at about 12:49 a.m. Sunday, police said.