SCGT
Article updated: 8/27/2012 1:43 PM

Small fire damages house in Bartlett

  • Article
text size: AAA
By Submitted by Bartlett Fire Department
Advertisement

Bartlett police used fire extinguishers and a garden hose to assist in extinguishing a fire on a rear deck on a single-family home on the 200 block of Marion Avenue about 4:15 a.m. Sunday. The fire was out by the time fire personnel arrived. Fire officials said improper storage of staining rags caused the fire, which damaged the deck, siding and some interior components of the home, doing an estimated $25,000 in damage. They said rags used with solvents should be stored in an approved airtight metal container.

This article filed under

Latest Video

MostViewed

Today
Yesterday
Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad

    MarketsReport

    DHExtras

       
    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North

    FacebookActivity

    BusinessDirectory

    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.