Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/23/2012 1:14 PM

Missing St. Charles woman found at hospital

Success - Article sent! close
  • Tanner Conroyd, 20, of St. Charles is being treated at a Chicago area hospital, sheriff's police said Thursday afternoon. She had been missing since Sunday.

      Tanner Conroyd, 20, of St. Charles is being treated at a Chicago area hospital, sheriff's police said Thursday afternoon. She had been missing since Sunday.


The Kane County Sheriff's Department said Thursday afternoon officials from a Chicago area hospital contacted them to say a missing 20-year-old St. Charles woman was at their facility.

The name of the hospital was not released.

Order Reprint Print Article
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Lt. Patrick Gengler said there was at least one possible sighting of Tanner Conroyd in downtown Chicago Tuesday morning, and that tips had been received in the 24 hours since Conroyd's disappearance was publicized.

Gengler said investigators and family members were in the Loop Thursday searching for Conroyd prior to the call from the hospital.

Gengler said the sheriff's office was contacted about 11:15 a.m. Thursday that Conroyd was at their facility and being treated. The sheriff's office is not releasing the name of the facility nor giving a condition update on Conroyd. Based on the information the sheriff's office received, Conroyd was not the victim of foul play.

Sheriff's detectives were told by the hospital staff that it was the media that led them to realizing who she was and led them to call the sheriff's office with the information.

The family has set up a Facebook page at where people were urged to leave tips and information regarding Conroyd.

Earlier this week, family members said Conroyd left her home about noon Sunday and was last seen in Chicago's Millennium Park Monday, but there were no definitive sightings since.

Frank Conroyd said his daughter might have been heading to Illinois State University after she left home Sunday following an argument with family members. Police say Conroyd had not enrolled for fall classes.

Records showed Conroyd purchased gas in Sugar Grove at 1 p.m. Sunday, and about 1:30 p.m. was seen at the Brown Pub in Hinckley. She stayed there for about three hours because of car problems. Conroyd's 1995 Ford Crown Victoria was found near the Brown Pub Wednesday, police said, and her wallet was left at the gas station.

Detectives said that Conroyd took a train into Chicago from an Aurora station and was in Millennium Park Sunday night, and she was seen there again Monday.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.