• Tangier M. Winton, 42, of the 200 block of South Melrose Avenue in Elgin, was arrested shortly after 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and later charged with damage to property and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police reports. Winton is charged with breaking the windows of a home on the 300 block of Douglas Avenue with a brick and a small baby stroller, reports said. She was stopped by police a few blocks away and found with a pipe used for smoking crack cocaine, reports said.
• A Carpentersville man was attacked by two acquaintances of his friend in her home just before 12:30 p.m. Aug. 3 on the 200 block of Locust Street, according to police reports. The man's tablet computer, chargers for the computer and his phone, an inhaler, anxiety medication and almost $250 in cash was also taken, reports said. His injuries included a cut above his eye that required stitches, reports said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Quintyn M. Moore, 23, of the 800 block of North Lake Street in Aurora, was arrested Tuesday and later charged with obstructing a police officer, a misdemeanor, according to police reports. Moore is charged with giving false information to police after being witness to an Aug. 3 robbery in which he knew two of the offenders, reports said.
• Thomas L. Cooper, of Elgin, was arrested and later charged with possession of marijuana after being found with about 4 grams of the drug at about 8:15 p.m. Aug. 6 near Watch and St. Charles streets, according to police reports. Cooper was a passenger when his friend was stopped for failing to signal more than 100 feet before a turn, reports said. He is due in court Sept. 7 in Elgin.
• Freddy Garcia, 17, of Elgin, was arrested and later charged with possession of a weapon after police found him with a bat he said was for protection at 8:45 p.m. Aug. 9 near Illinois and Jay streets, according to police reports. Garcia and his friends were standing by a vehicle on the side of the road when approached by police, reports said.