• Margaret A. McDonald, 41, of Elgin, was charged with retail theft, accused of stealing about $57 worth of food and drinks Saturday from Jewel, 1040 Summit St., according to police reports. McDonald is due in court Oct. 2 in Rolling Meadows.
• Steven E. Saylor, 47, of Elgin, was charged with aggravated assault after threatening others with a kitchen knife shortly before 7:30 p.m. Saturday on the 300 block of Locust Street, according to a police report. Saylor saw his girlfriend with other men who he threatened to stab.
• Joseph Bell, 64, of Elgin, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after officers found him with pipes used for smoking crack cocaine at about 1:30 a.m. Aug. 2 on the 300 block of Renner Drive, according to police reports. He is due in court Aug. 24 in Elgin.
• An Elgin man realized he was the victim of identity theft last week when he obtained a credit report listing three gas and cable accounts in his name that he never opened, according to police reports. All three accounts are still active, though the victim has never seen any bills related to them, reports said.
• Two water pumps, a generator, a saw, a drill and three grinders were stolen sometime between 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday from a trailer in the 1400 block of West Bartlett Road, according to police reports.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close