Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/17/2012 5:56 PM

Third man charged in robbery of McDonald's in Oak Brook

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • Kevin Duplessis

      Kevin Duplessis

  • Richard Evans

      Richard Evans

  • Kendrick Williams

      Kendrick Williams

  • Courtesy of the Oak Brook Police Department Three men have now been charged in the Nov. 6 armed robbery of the flagship McDonald's in Oak Brook.

      Courtesy of the Oak Brook Police Department Three men have now been charged in the Nov. 6 armed robbery of the flagship McDonald's in Oak Brook.

 

A teen accused of driving the getaway car in the armed robbery of the flagship McDonald's restaurant in Oak Brook last year was held Tuesday on $600,000 bail.

Kevin Duplessis, 19, of Hillside, is the third man charged with the Nov. 6 holdup, which netted about $384, according to DuPage County prosecutors. He was arrested at his home on a warrant Monday after authorities connected him to one of the other suspects through phone records, prosecutors said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Duplessis is accused of driving Bellwood residents Richard Evans, 18, and Kendrick Williams, 20, to and from the restaurant at McDonald's on the 1100 block of West 22nd Street.

Assistant State's Attorney Bethany Jackson said in bond court Tuesday that the robbers were armed with handguns and wearing masks when they entered the store about 10:30 p.m. After ordering all employees to the floor, they initially tried to get a manager to open a safe inside the office, then decided it was too much trouble and instead took a couple cash register drawers they stuffed into garbage bags, authorities said.

Police arrested Evans within days of the robbery, and Williams was charged in January, according to court records. Prosecutors said the eight-month investigation eventually focused on records showing that Duplessis took numerous phone calls from one of the other suspects the day of the robbery.

Evans and Williams have been charged with armed robbery and aggravated robbery. They both remained in the county jail Tuesday on bail of $500,000 and $600,000, respectively, and are scheduled to return to court July 20.

Judge Elizabeth Sexton set bail at $600,000 for Duplessis, meaning he would have to post $60,000 to get out of the county jail. Duplessis faces one count of armed robbery and is scheduled to appear July 26 before Judge Blanche Hill Fawell.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here