• At 11:24 a.m. Saturday, a landlord reported damage after tenants were evicted from a home in the 5N900 block of Kings Wood Drive in St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. A television set, a corner entertainment unit, curtains, curtain rods, a miniature refrigerator and outside light fixtures were missing. Window screens were cut, and door casings were broken or removed.
Contact information ( * required )
• Someone forged a check for $982.55 from St. Athanasios Greek Orthodox Church, 1855 E. Fifth Ave., Aurora, and cashed it at a Burlington bank June 15, it was reported July 5, according to a sheriff's report.
• A burglar took a coin purse containing about $5 in change from one vehicle, and a Samsung SL620 digital camera from another, between midnight and 6 a.m. July 3 in the 1000 block of Woodland Avenue, Batavia, according to a sheriff's report.
• Between 6 p.m. July 2 and 6:45 a.m. July 3, a burglar stole a purse containing identification, credit cards, a debit card, a cellphone and $60 out of a vehicle in the 1200 block of Woodland Avenue, Batavia, according to a sheriff's report.
• Between midnight and 6 a.m. July 3, a burglar took the keys of a vehicle out of the ignition, in the 1000 block of Woodland Avenue, Batavia, according to a sheriff's report.
• Between 10 p.m. July 2 and 9 a.m. July 3, someone stole keys to a GMC Yukon and various buildings, $30 cash and a Zune 80 GB digital music player out of two vehicles in the 1100 block of Woodland Avenue, Batavia, according to a sheriff's report.
• Between 11 p.m. July 2 and 11:30 a.m. July 3, two vehicles were burglarized in the 1000 block of Woodland Avenue, Batavia, though nothing was taken, according to a sheriff's report.
• Between 6 a.m. June 29 and 6 a.m. Monday, someone stole five gold necklaces and a pair of gold earrings out of a dresser from a home in the 0N300 block of Dooley Drive, Geneva. According to a sheriff's report, an acquaintance is suspected.
• Sharon R. Corgiat, 54, of the 500 block of Illinois Street in Geneva, was charged with retail theft at 12:34 p.m. Wednesday, according to a police report. She is accused of taking $12 worth of merchandise from Menards, 300 N. Randall Road.
• A pink wallet, containing credit cards and $60, was stolen at the Goodwill store, 450 N. Randall Road, it was reported at 5:55 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
• Someone scammed the Apple Villa restaurant, 1961 W. Wilson St., out of $68, it was reported to police at 10:31 p.m. Wednesday. Details were not provided with the police report. LaGrange police reported this week a man had been approaching restaurants, saying a server had spilled something on his clothing and that the restaurant should reimburse him the cost of cleaning it. The National Restaurant Association also reports that con artists sometimes try to get money by sending letters, containing photocopies of dry cleaning bills, to restaurants.
• A bicycle was stolen out of an open garage in the 800 block of Gosselin Circle, it was reported at 3:59 p.m. Tuesday, police said.