Book notes: Mrs. Kennedy and Me author signs in the suburbs
• Jason Ellis, a professional skateboarder and host of "The Jason Ellis Show" on Sirius XM radio, discusses his new memoir, "I'm Awesome: One Man's Triumphant Quest to Become the Sweetest Dude Ever," from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at The Book Market at Hangar One, The Glen Town Center, 2651 Navy Blvd., Glenview. (847) 904-7304 or theglentowncenter.com.
• Former U.S. Secret Service agent Clint Hill discusses and signs copies of his new book, "Mrs. Kennedy and Me," at noon Monday, April 23, at the Lake Villa District Library, 1001 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa. Hill was assigned to guard Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy in November 1960 following the presidential election of her husband, John F. Kennedy. Hill remained in his position until 1964. Books will be available for purchase. A simple lunch will be served. Registration is required. Call (847) 356-7711 or visit lvdl.org. Hill will also discuss and sign his book at 7 p.m. Monday, April 23, at the Libertyville Civic Center, 135 W. Church St., Libertyville. Books will be available for purchase. The author event is free, but registration is required. Call the Cook Memorial Public Library District at (847) 362-2330 or visit webres.cooklib.org. Hill will be on hand to discuss and sign his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Co-author Lisa McCubbin will accompany Hill at the event. Priority numbers to reserve a place in the book-signing line are available with the purchase of Hill's book from Anderson's. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Elizabeth Eulberg reads from and signs copies of her new young adult novel, "Take a Bow," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet "City of Scoundrels" author Gary Krist as he reads from and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Monday, April 23, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com. Krist will also read from and sign his book from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, at the Waukegan Public Library, 128 N. County St., Waukegan. Books will be available for purchase. To register, visit waukeganpl.org. (847) 623-2041.
• Lake Forest author M. Salahuddin Kahn, a native of Pakistan, discusses his award-winning novel "Sikander" at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Celebrate the launch of the memoir "The Little Red Guard" by Chicago-area author, journalist and translator Wen Huang at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 26, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Meet local author Melanie Benjamin and celebrate the release of her latest paperback novel, "The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb," at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 26, at The Bookstore, 475 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn. Benjamin will be signing books at the event. To register, call (630) 469-2891 or email email@example.com.
• "The Book of Perfectly Perilous Math" author Sean Connolly reads from and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 26, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
— Laura Stewart
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close