• A Batavia man was arrested on a warrant charging him with burglary at 11:42 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street. Gerald W. Sampson, 18, of the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle, is accused of burglarizing physical education lockers Sept. 19 while the users were attending football practice at Batavia High School. Bail was set at $5,000, and Sampson remains in the Kane County jail as of Tuesday morning. He also was issued a ticket charging him with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor, reports said.
Contact information ( * required )
• CDs and a bank bag containing cash and checks to be deposited was stolen out of a vehicle in a lot in the 1900 block of Fabyan Parkway, it was reported at 10:27 a.m. Dec. 17.
• Lavonne M. Nurse, 47, was charged with retail theft at 7:41 p.m. Dec. 17. She is accused of taking a men's dress shirt and a men's sweater from Kohl's, 251 N. Randall Road. Nurse lives in the 700 block of Lathem Street.
• Two households reported their large garbage toters were stolen Dec. 16, one in the 300 block of Fox Trail Drive and the other in the 1200 block of Wind Energy Pass.
• Someone used a rock to break the windshield, driver's side window and rear window on a 2007 Ford Expedition in the 35W600 block of Tollgate Road near West Dundee between 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and 12:30 p.m. Thursday, according to sheriff reports.
• Someone stole a carton of Marlboro cigarettes, a silver flask and five compact discs from an unlocked 2004 Ford Explorer in the 39W200 block of Arbor Creek Road near St. Charles at about 12:07 a.m. Sunday, according to sheriff reports.
• A 17-foot Grumman canoe, valued at $450, was stolen between 1 p.m. and 2:55 p.m. Saturday from the 1N100 block of Elm Road near West Chicago, according to sheriff reports.