Cain the favorite at Schaumburg TeaCon convention
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain picked up more momentum Saturday as he won his second straw poll in the last 10 days at TeaCon 2011 in Schaumburg. Full story.
TeaCon organizer skips event after arrest revealed
One of the key organizers of TeaCon 2011 in Schaumburg skipped the event Saturday after a politic gossip website reporterd he was arrested more than a year ago on charges of soliciting a prostitute. Steve Stevlic released a statement say the charges were dropped. Full story.
Trekkies bid farewell to Mr. Spock
"Star Trek's" most famous Vulcan, Leonard Nimoy, attended his last convention Sunday in Rosemont. Full story.
Olympic hopefuls make the most of Norge Ski Jump
Athlete after athlete, including four of the five women vying for a spot on the 2014 U.S. Olympic team, took flight during the U.S. Nationals Ski Jumping Championships for small hill and Nordic combined at the Norge Ski Club in Fox River Grove. Full story.
Arrest in Northbrook man's 65th, police say
A Northbrook area man, who police say has been arrested 65 times in the last decade, has been charged with beating and choking a woman, holding a knife to her throat, and spitting on and threatening to kill her children. Full story.
Arlington Hts. man's family tree keeps growing
He started out with a modest interest in his own family genealogy, but when Jerry Becker was done, he had more than 800 names on the family tree and relatives from around the world meeting each other for the first time. Full story.
Hundreds of pools don't meet safety rules
Saturday was the deadline for licensed swimming facilities in the state to comply with state and federal safety rules that mandate outfitting pool drains with covers, but some 500 municipal, park district, school and hotel pools still don't meet the requirements Full story.
St. Charles resident killed in head-on collision
A 48-year-old St. Charles resident was killed Saturday in a head-on collision along South Kirk Road, just north of Wind Energy Pass, authorities said. Batavia police say they are continuing to investigate the crash that involved four vehicles in all and sent three other drivers and passengers to area hospitals for treatment. Full story.
Fermilab's atom-smasher gets shut down
The Tevatron particle accelerator at Fermilab in Batavia was turned off after 26 years of supplying data about the nature of subatomic particles that build our universe. Full story.
World & Nation
• Plane crashes into Ferris wheel in Australia. Full story.
• 700 Occupy Wall Street protesters arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge. Full story.
• Underwear-bomb maker believed killed in drone strike. Full story.
Life & Entertainment
• KISS frontman Gene Simmons weds longtime love Shannon Tweed.Full story.
• "Arrested Development" getting another season and a movie? Fulls tory.
• Andy Rooney ended his run on "60 minutes." Full story.
• Bears pull off a win against Panthers. Full story.
• Devin Hester sets record for punt return touchdowns.Full story.
• Could Red Sox manager Terry Francona end up in Cubbie Blue or could he replace Ozzie at the Cell? Full story
• Brandon Saad looks like a lock for Blackhawks roster. Full story.