Six people living in a Carol Stream apartment complex face drug charges following a sting conducted Thursday that yielded quantities of heroin, crack cocaine, cannabis, handgun ammunition and drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Investigators from the Carol Stream Police Department, Illinois State Police and DuPage Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Group executed six simultaneous search warrants at the complex on the 200 block of East St. Charles Road.
Contact information ( * required )
The investigation, dubbed "Operation 250," targeted individuals who were living and selling illegal drugs within the same subsidized apartment complex, according to Carol Stream police Cmdr. Ken George.
Those charged are:
• Melvin Nicholas Boyd, 38, unlawful possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver and unlawful possession of a controlled substance -- both felonies.
• David L. Hawkins, 29, unlawful felony possession of crack cocaine with the intent to deliver.
• Frank E. Henderson, 44, unlawful felony possession of heroin with the intent to deliver.
• Jarrett D. Lacy, 29, unlawful felony possession of crack cocaine with the intent to deliver.
• Daryl B. Curry, 40, unlawful misdemeanor possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver.
• Kizzy E. Edwards, 34, unlawful misdemeanor possession of cannabis with the intent to deliver.
Authorities said additional drug charges are pending. Investigators also contacted officials from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Federal Housing Administration.