Fireworks cause blaze that destroys '67 Chevelle
A classic 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle was destroyed in a Fourth of July fire, which started when fireworks hit the outside of the Schaumburg garage where it was stored.
The fire, in the attached garage of a townhouse unit on the 1000 block of Casa Drive, was reported at 10:59 p.m. on July 4, Schaumburg Fire Chief David Schumann said.
The fire spread to a couple other units as well, leaving them all at least temporarily uninhabitable and causing an estimated $100,000 in property damage.
Schumann said fire investigators ruled the blaze unintentional, and said only the police could go further and find who was responsible for the fireworks.
Meanwhile, Schaumburg police Sgt. John Nebl said a police investigation would be launched only if the fire investigation had determined arson, which was not the case in this situation.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close