Breaking News Bar
updated: 6/5/2011 10:00 PM

Dryer fire damages Batavia home

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A dryer fire filled a Batavia home with smoke Sunday evening, causing about $2,500 in damage to the house and contents, according to fire officials.

A Batavia man tried to put the fire on the second floor of his home out with a fire extinguisher as his son called 911, but was unable to as smoke filled the home on the 0-99 block of Mayflower Lane, according to the Batavia Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters arrived on scene at 5:13 p.m. and were able to bring the minor fire under control by 5:25 p.m.

Fire investigators said fire was caused by lubricants on the dryer, which ignited and spread to clothing around the machine.

One person was treated at the scene for minor injuries, according to the fire department.

Officials estimated the damage to the structure at $1,000 and $1,500 to the contents of the home.

Share this page
    help here