Breaking News Bar
updated: 2/7/2011 5:16 PM

Des Plaines candidate will launch write-in campaign

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Richard Hissong, who last month was knocked out of the Des Plaines City Council after coming up just short on his nominating petitions, is now running as a write-in candidate in the April 5 election.

Hissong, 82, will take on incumbent Alderman Mark Walsten and challenger Mario Palacios for the council seat representing the city's 6th Ward.

Hissong said last month he was thrown off the ballot for being one signature shy of the 41 required. The lone objectionable signature, he said, was that of a longtime city resident whom he has known for 30 years.

Cliff Matthews, a second candidate removed from the 6th Ward ballot in January, did not file to run a write-in campaign. He was taken off the ballot for not numbering and binding his petitions as required.

Share this page