Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Yorkville
New year right time for new start at college Dec 18, 2013 1:20 PM
While starting college in the fall makes sense for many students coming directly from high school, there are distinct advantages to beginning in the spring semester.
Serving students who served our country Dec 9, 2013 2:56 PM
Waubonsee Community College considers it a privilege to serve members of our community through its educational programs and services, and is also honored to be able to serve many students who have served our country.
Take time to relax at Waubonsee’s free concerts Nov 27, 2013 3:30 PM
On Dec. 6-15, Waubonsee Community College will host its annual series of five live winter musical performances in an assortment of musical genres.
Waubonsee readies GED students for new exam Nov 20, 2013 3:31 PM
January 2014 will mark the implementation of a new edition of the General Educational Development exam designed to ensure that this first step toward a higher education is truly a step up. When it debuts, the 2014 GED test will have a new structure and delivery method, along with new content.
Hampshire Twp. Park District hires new director Nov 8, 2013 4:22 PM
The Hampshire Township Park District didn’t have to look too far for its new executive director. Laura Schraw, 33, lives within walking distance of the park district’s offices, but she also knows how to write and secure grants, a skill an official said is necessary in the district and its three parks.
Skies, open road lure Naperville banker Oct 22, 2013 7:43 AM
Kukec's People features Lou Petritz, the not-so-typical banker who is now the new president of First Community Financial Bank Naperville. He is a licensed pilot and owns two motorcycles. “I like machines that move the body and the spirit,” the Naperville resident said. “There's something so refreshing and exhilarating and yet very practical about taking these methods of transportation.”
Complete College America works to eliminate barriers Oct 28, 2013 2:42 PM
In recent years, it has been difficult to miss the emphasis placed on the importance of college degree or certificate completion. Many statistics and studies have been quoted outlining the benefits to individual students, society and the economy.
Kaneland's win sets up NI Big XII showdown Oct 12, 2013 12:53 AM
If there's one thing you can count on Kaneland coach Tom Fedderly to say, it's that the Knights take things one game at a time. If ever there was a chance to test that, it was Friday.
Photojournalism inspires Batavia artist Sep 12, 2013 11:46 AM
It has been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If that's true, Daily Herald photojournalist Laura Stoecker should feel honored by the work of Janine Webbles. The Batavia resident enjoys Stoecker's nature photography so much, she's created some paintings inspired by Stoecker's photos, including one she named "Laura's Barn."
Embracing engagment at Waubonsee Community College Aug 28, 2013 1:43 PM
Education has embraced the three “Rs” since at least the late 1700s. While Waubonsee Community College remains committed to teaching students to excel in reading, writing and arithmetic (along with other vital academic skills), this year we’re focusing on the three “Cs”: connect, collaborate and cultivate.
Missing Arlington Heights man last seen near Yorkville Aug 23, 2013 4:50 PM
An 84-year-old Arlington Heights man is missing after leaving home to go to a Palatine restaurant on Thursday evening. His car was spotted after midnight in Yorkville.
Waubonsee considers $104 million budget Jul 29, 2013 4:42 PM
Waubonsee Community College is considering a $104 million budget for its 2014 fiscal year.
Student, community safety a priority for Waubonsee Jul 24, 2013 12:44 PM
Safety is among the many priorities addressed by Waubonsee Community College. There are some exciting new projects the college is working on to further enhance the health and safety of our students and college community.
Talent contest finalists push themselves Jul 22, 2013 7:21 AM
It's getting serious now. The top 16 finalists of the Suburban Chicago's Got Talent competition performed Sunday at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in Arlington Heights. Music was the talent most on display Sunday, but it took a variety of forms.
Waubonsee full-time faculty get raises in new contract Jul 18, 2013 7:25 AM
Waubonsee Community College full-time faculty will receive pay raises of 4 percent in the first year of a new contract approved Wednesday. But they will start paying part of their individual health-insurance premium.
Waubonsee enrollment continuing to climb Jul 22, 2013 1:36 PM
Waubonsee Community College is bucking the trend in enrollment, reporting an increase in students in three recent periods. Summer 2012 enrollment was 7,801, up 7.3 percent over summer 2011; fall 2012 was 12,380, up 2.6 percent; and spring 2013 was 12,266, up 3.7 percent.
Community colleges connect employers with job seekers Jun 28, 2013 6:11 AM
For decades, a core mission — and strength — of community colleges has been to prepare students for successful careers. Throughout the Fox Valley, it is difficult to find an employer that doesn’t have at least one community college alumnus on staff. In fact, many of our local business leaders started their education at a community college.
Employment seekers invited to attend job, resource fair May 31, 2013 1:39 PM
Waubonsee Community College will host its second annual Kendall County Job and Resource Fair from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 7, at its Plano campus, 100 Waubonsee Drive.
Celebrating the milestone of college graduation May 30, 2013 5:02 AM
No matter how old you are, completing your college degree and receiving your diploma is one milestone that you will never forget. Hours upon hours, weeks upon weeks, months upon months, and, occasionally, years upon years of hard work go into a student earning a degree. The ceremony is rightfully full of pomp and circumstance.
Harper, Waubonsee meet for regional supremacy May 16, 2013 1:29 AM
Most people would like to see the two best teams play for championships at the end of a season. In NJCAA baseball, that's exactly what will happen starting Friday at Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove as the top-seeded Chiefs take on No. 2 Harper College (19-20) for a regional championship.
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Bulls' strategy a success in season opener
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Tres, St. Viator blank Antioch
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.