Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Winfield
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 10, 2015 5:52 PM
Come find your original (not a mass-produced, “Made in Taiwan” copy) at the Fox Valley Antiques Show. The gathering will feature 55 dealers from 14 states, bringing a great variety of 18th- to early-20th century antiques to St. Charles on March 14-15.
Robert Greer: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Robert Greer, running for Winfield Village Board
Dennis Hogan: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Dennis Hogan, running for Winfield Village Board
Jay Olson: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Jay Olson, running for Winfield Village Board
Rob Hanlon: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:46 PM
Candidate information for Rob Hanlon, running for Winfield Village Board
Robert (Bob) Borsodi: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:44 PM
Candidate information for Robert (Bob) Borsodi, running for Winfield Village Board
Harold Lonks: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Harold Lonks, running for Winfield Village Board
Tony Reyes: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Tony Reyes, running for Winfield Village Board
James Hughes: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for James Hughes, running for Winfield Village Board
Carl Sorgatz: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:45 PM
Candidate information for Carl Sorgatz, running for Winfield Village Board
Endorsements: Hanlon, Hughes, Sorgatz for Winfield village board Mar 3, 2015 1:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Rob Hanlon, James Hughes and Carl Sorgatz for Winfield village board.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
Tri-Cities police reports Feb 24, 2015 1:00 AM
Daniel R. Hudecek of St. Charles and Kevin M. Gancarz of Sugar Grove, were charged with fighting, at 1:04 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of North Third Street, according to a St. Charles police report.
Breaking the Code Feb 23, 2015 10:17 AM
Breaking the Code (BTC) is a research-based prevention simulation that highlights the existence and harmfulness of a hidden and unchallenged bullying social structure.
M/I Homes to Celebrate Herrick Woods Grand Opening with March 5 Ribbon Cutting and VIP Event Feb 20, 2015 5:36 PM
M/I Homes announces it will host a VIP event on March 5 to celebrate the grand opening of Herrick Woods, a new maintenance-free community of 74 attached club homes located in Warrenville, Ill., just north of West Warrenville Road on Herrick Road. The March 5 grand opening will include a ceremonial ribbon cutting for Herrick Woods with Warrenville Mayor David Brummel, and will be the first opportunity for buyers to tour a new decorated model home in the community. Attendees will also enjoy free raffle prizes, gourmet appetizers and beverages. Those interested in being placed on the guest list for the invitation-only VIP event can visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or contact Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271 to register. “Chicago’s western suburbs have long been a top destination for homebuyers, and we’re excited to introduce Herrick Woods as a terrific new option with a central location near major transportation thoroughfares like Interstates 355 and 80, business centers such as the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor, and the vibrant downtown districts of Naperville and Wheaton,” said Ron Martin, region president of M/I Homes. “At the same time, the community is surrounded by natural areas and neighbors the Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, so residents will enjoy living in an area that’s just as scenic as it is convenient.” Herrick Woods offers three floor plans priced from $349,990 to $389,990. Homes measure 2,098 to 2,203 square feet and feature two to three bedrooms, 2½ baths, full basements and two-car garages. Floor plans also feature first-floor master suites, dens, second-floor laundry rooms, and loft spaces, per plan. “The location of Herrick Woods appeals to so many buyers, from families that appreciate being within walking distance from Hubble Middle School to retirees who want a home near plenty of recreational amenities,” said Cheryl Bonk, vice president of sales and marketing for M/I Homes. “We created these club home designs with that range of buyers in mind, and included features we know make the most impact on the comfort and functionality of a home, from open living spaces and flex areas like lofts and dens, to well-placed laundry rooms and even the opportunity for single-level living with a first-floor master suite.” The new decorated model home at Herrick Woods features the Columbus plan, a 2,196-square-foot design with two bedrooms and 2½ baths. On the main floor, the home features a large family room open to a breakfast area and an upgraded kitchen including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and white maple cabinetry. The second floor has two bedrooms, including a master suite with an optional luxury master bath with walk-in shower, as well as a large loft space and a second-floor laundry room. All homes at Herrick Woods include a full basement, and the Columbus model shows this space fully finished and with an available walk-out option. “Our plans at Herrick Woods are extremely versatile in terms of tailoring flexible space like a basement or loft to various lifestyles,” said Bonk. “For example, we show the basement in the Columbus model as a beautifully finished game room with custom built-ins, a bar area and a pool table, but it could just as easily be a workout area, a home office or a playroom for kids.” Bonk added that residents at Herrick Woods enjoy maintenance-free living, with landscaping, exterior maintenance and snow removal provided. “Today’s lifestyles are busier than ever, so by including these services we’re freeing up extra time for our residents to spend on the things that matter most to them,” she said. Herrick Woods is within Community Unit School District 200 and is served by Bower Elementary School, Hubble Middle School and Wheaton Warrenville South High School. In addition to nearby Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, Herrick Woods is a short drive from other recreational destinations including the Morton Arboretum, Cantigny Park and Arrowhead Country Club. The community is less than 10 minutes from downtown Naperville and Wheaton, which both offer shopping, dining and entertainment options. Homes at all M/I Homes communities come standard with the builder’s industry-leading 30-Year Transferable Structural Warranty, which not only allows buyers to purchase with confidence, but also adds value if the home is sold in the future. All homes are also WHOLE HOME Certified, an M/I Homes designation indicating the builder’s superior approach when constructing homes. Upon testing, an M/I home will receive a more favorable HERS (Home Energy Rating System) score than an Energy Star-certified home, which can save buyers upwards of 30 percent on their energy bills. A lower HERS Index means lower energy costs, and on average an M/I home achieves a HERS rating of 60, considerably lower than other builders in the market. To be placed on the guest list for the March 5 grand opening celebration for Herrick Woods, please visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or call Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271. The event will take place from 4:30 - 8 p.m. in the new model home and sales center, located at 27W161 Breme Drive East in Warrenville (intersection of Herrick Road and Huskie Highway Avenue).
'The New Jim Crow' author to visit Benedictine April 21 Mar 12, 2015 10:02 PM
The impact of racial injustice in the American legal system will be the focus of a free lecture by civil-rights-lawyer-turned-legal-scholar Michelle Alexander at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, at Benedictine University. She is the author of the 2010 book, “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness.” In advance of her presentation, Benedictine is encouraging members of the public to join a communitywide reading group and series of weekly discussions related to the book and its theme.
Wheaton doctor reflects on 50 years of CDH in Winfield Feb 19, 2015 8:12 AM
With Central DuPage Hospital celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, Dr. John Messitt of Wheaton is sharing his thoughts about his career at the Winfield hospital, which began on the day the hospital first opened in 1964.
College of DuPage Hosts Learning Communities Open House on March 9 Feb 17, 2015 6:04 PM
College of DuPage will host a free open house on Learning Communities from 12:30 to 2 p.m. on Monday, March 9, in the Student Services Center, Room 2201, on the College’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn. This event is free and open to the public. During this event, aimed at current and prospective students and COD faculty, attendees will learn about the advantages in taking part in an innovative learning community environment. Representatives from the College as past and present Learning Communities participants will be on hand to provide information and answer questions. In addition, attendees will be treated to a free sundae bar while supplies last. For more information about this event, please contact Professor of English James Allen at (630) 942-3421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learning Communities are innovative interdisciplinary learning experiences featuring two or more courses linked by a common theme and taught by faculty from two or more fields of study. Students enroll as a cohort, taking the classes together and developing a deeper understanding of the subject matter while gaining greater opportunities to make connections with their professors and classmates. Click here for more information about Learning Communities at College of DuPage.
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Utility: Inspectors found faulty work before NYC blast
- Ex-SEAL brings military training technology to firing range
- Mundelein man, 22, killed in Libertyville crash
- Lawmakers trying to figure out how to punish COD, exempt other schools
- Priest helps heroin addicts heal 'hole in the soul'
- Dan Bailey: Candidate Profile
- Police: Man charged with DUI had 3 kids in car
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) LABORER & CDL DRIVER - Joe Meyer Tree Service Inc. of Spring Grove, IL is now hiring experienced help. The positions include competive wages, health insurance & retirement package. CDL is a plus. Providing quality tree care for 51 years. Email: email@example.com or call 847-587-0593 (id:4401689) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929)
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401632) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- IT AUDITOR - IT Auditor -Ingredion Inc (Westchester, IL): Perform integrated IT audit procedures, incl identifying & defining issues, dvlpg criteria, reviewing & analyzing evidence, & documenting bus. processes & procedures. Participate in finl audit planning & finl audit prog dvlpmt impacted by IT controls. Eval. adequacy & effectiveness of controls rel. to IT governance, app syss & interfaces, dvlpmt & implementation, logical access & IT data center ops. Determine operational status of IT controls, compliance w/ company policies, standards, procedures, & applicable statutes & govt regs. Comm results of audit projects via written & oral presentations to mgmt. Resp for prep written audit reports for all levels of mgmt, detailing audit findings, conclusions, & agreed-upon corrective actions. Prep audit work papers & flowcharts in order to doc & sppt audit findings & conclusions. Identify improvement oppties & dvlpmt of action plans to enhance bus. process & IT syss integration. Resp for identifying & eval. orgs risk areas & provide input to dvlpmt of Audit Plan, which entails examining, analyzing & interpreting acctg recs such as journal entries & master data. Dvlp working relationships w/ internal stake- holders & global Internal Audit team members to deliver results, support bus. performance, & advice on syss of recording costs & IT-rel. budget data. Min Reqts: Bach in CS, Bus. Admin, Acctg or rel., plus 2 yrs IT Audit exp in public acctg &/or internal audit. Must incl exp in perform- ing data analyses of complex bus. data, auditing SAP Apps & Basis controls (e.g., FI, CO, MM & SD modules) & auditing IT infrastructure controls rel. to dbase & operating syss. Exp reqd in integrated IT/Bus. risk & control concepts rel. to SAP App Controls, Syss Dvlpmt Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud Computing & IT General Controls. 30% travel reqd to attend trade shows, conferences, trainings, & client sites. Pls send resume to: Krsto (Kris) Nisavic, HR, Ingredion, Inc. 5 Westbrook Corporate Ctr, Westchester, IL 60154. Must specify job code Ing1-2015. EOE, MFDV. (id:4401793) DRIVERS - Drivers Se solicitan conductores Quality Carriers, la lnea de camiones cisterna No. 1 en EEUU est buscando conductores con licencia CDL-A con disponibilidad inmediata. Quality Carriers tiene ms de 100 aos de existencia, y cuenta con 100 terminales. Solicite hoy y compruebe la diferencia que Quality puede hacer en su vida! $5000 de Bono de Contratacin para Operadores Propietarios! $1000 de Bono de Contratacin para Conductores de la Compaa Hay Puestos para Conduccin en Carretera y Local Disponibles Ahora Solictud Sencilla en www.work4qc.com. Llame a Ken hoy 1-708-457-7600 Ofrecemos: Paga Mxima y Beneficios Equipo con Modelos Actuales Horario Regular Trabajo estable todo el ao Estndares de Seguridad Lderes en la Industria Disponibilidad de paquete completo de beneficios Para Calificar: Registro de Vehculos de Motor Limpio 22 aos o mayor Avalado por Hazmat o Tanker Habilidad de obtener la tarjeta TWIC 1 ao de experiencia en TT TANKER TOUGH Call 1-708-457-7600 (id:4400963) ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to email@example.com. (id:4402421)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.