Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Westmont
Diamond Youth Foundation Establishes Endowment Fund at The DuPage Community FoundationFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
WHEATON, IL—The DuPage Community Foundation is pleased to announce the establishment of the Diamond Youth Foundation Endowment Fund.
Oak Brook Park District receives highest award in safety Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The Oak Brook Park District recently received a $1,500 cash award from the Park District Risk Management Agency (PDRMA) for maintaining its current Level A accreditation status for 2013. The Level A accreditation status is the highest award that can be earned through comprehensive safety and loss control review process.
SIDEBAR: About The Diamond Youth FoundationFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
WHEATON, IL—The Diamond Youth Foundation is committed to helping young people make good choices for their future. It stresses the importance of positive role models as well as academics. With modest funding but a committed group of volunteer board members, the Diamond Youth Foundation is making its mark and hoping to expand its reach.
Lake County Health Department Receives Funding to Prepare for AccreditationFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Marcel’s Culinary Experience, Glen Ellyn, Wins Le Creuset Display Contest Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
For the second time, Marcel’s Culinary Experience, a gourmet retailer and recreational cooking school in Glen Ellyn, has won a holiday display contest sponsored by French cookware manufacturer Le Creuset.The promotion also included a raffle that raised money for Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign.
Wheat Café, Culinary Market to Open in February for Spring TermFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The student-run Wheat Café and Culinary Market at College of DuPage will open for spring term on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
Area leaders invited to Chicago “Lessons in Leading” conference Feb. 20Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The NIU Executive Leadership Forum conference,“Lessons in Leading Today,” allows business leaders to share leadership practices and discuss gaining ground in a global economy and achieving competitive positioning. The event is open to the public and will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Mid-America Club in the Aon Building, 200 E. Randolph Drive in Chicago.
National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Kicks Off On-Site Cookie “Booth” Sales Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
To kick off National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend (Feb. 7-9) and on-site cookie “booth” sales, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is teaming up with the USO to launch Gift of Caring: Troop to Troop, an initiative to support men and women in the U.S. military by sending them a sweet “taste of home” - Girl Scout Cookies®. Girl Scout troops throughout Chicago and Northwest Indiana are encouraging individuals and businesses to purchase and then donate boxes of Girl Scout Cookies® to the men and women serving in the military. Customers can purchase cookies for the U.S. military troops at $4 per box. The cookies will be distributed directly to the soldiers.
Take Precaution When Shoveling SnowFeb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
DUPAGE COUNTY— The looming winter storm projected for our area on Tuesday Feb. 4-Wednesday Feb. 5, could potentially leave behind many inches of the white stuff that is causing many of us to scream s-NOOOO-w! The DuPage County Health Department is reminding residents to take certain precautions when shoveling snow in order to stay safe and healthy.
The Battle for Lincoln’s SoulFeb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Engage in a three-week lecture series at Windsor Park, a Covenant Retirement Community, which explores the conflicting forces President Lincoln faced.
International Cuisine, Classical Cuisine Students Serving Dinner this SpringJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Students from the International Cuisine and Classical Cuisine classes will serve dinners on select Mondays and Tuesdays this spring in Waterleaf, the fine dining restaurant located in the Culinary & Hospitality Center at College of DuPage.
College of DuPage to Host President’s Day Visit Feb. 17Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
College of DuPage will host a President’s Day Visit for prospective students and their parents on Monday, Feb. 17, at 9:30 a.m. in the McAninch Arts Center performance hall on the College’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
DG Counseling to offer "Ladies First" Women's Support GroupJan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
6 week women's support group. Open discussion on multiple issues.
College of DuPage Offers New Native American Field Studies Class Jan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
College of DuPage is offering a new three-credit elective field studies writing class that includes a trip to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota beginning in April 2014.
Free Federal/State Tax Help at College of DuPageJan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
College of DuPage is offering free assistance with electronic preparation of state and federal tax returns on Saturday mornings Feb. 22 through April 12 at the College’s Glen Ellyn campus.
Free Dental Screenings Feb. 7 For Give Kids A Smile DayJan 29, 2014 12:00 AM
The DuPage County Health Department’s dental clinic will be participating in the American Dental Association’s 12th annual “Give Kids A Smile Day” by offering free dental screenings to children aged 1-18 on Friday, February 7, 2014 from 9am-3:30pm.
10 Bad Habits to Break in 2014 to Boost FertilityJan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Dr. Edward Marut of Fertility Centers of Illinois shares tips to help couples conceive in the New Year.
Oak Brook Park District ABC Preschool announces 5-day and full day curriculum options,Jan 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Preschoolers and parents in Oak Brook and the surrounding communities may now take advantage of 5-day and full day curriculum options at Oak Brook Park District’s award-winning ABC Preschool. “The consistency and routine of 5-day programs aid in knowledge retention, allow for more social interaction, and help to better prepare children for kindergarten,” says Melissa Donofrio, ABC Preschool Coordinator.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: 2014 Bartlett Festival of the ArtsJan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
This is a juried fine arts and fine crafts fair. All work must be original by the artist, who must be 18 or older. No molds, manufactured or kit art permitted. Commercial reproductions (editions of 300 or less) may be included in your exhibit if they do not exceed 50% of the total display and if they are clearly marked as reproductions. Final interpretation of commercial status will be made by jurors.
Midwestern's Speech-Language Institute Pairs Faculty Experts, Graduate Students Jan 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Midwestern University new Speech-Language Institute offers diagnostic and therapeutic services for children and adults with speech and language disorders, cognitive impairment, stroke-related aphasia, feeding and swallowing difficulties, stuttering, voice problems, autism, developmental delay, or other communication concerns.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Good times continue for NSC champ Stevenson
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- Land of opportunity now of opportunism
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Plan calls for white water rafting on Fox River
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROFESSIONALS@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADES A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. WE OFFER A GREAT BASE PAY WITH UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. WE ALSO SEEK LABORERS, INSPECTORS, PERMIT RUNNERS AND OFFICE STAFF. CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW 847-540-7711 (id:4366359) SALES - -Roll with the Pros - Seeking Talented Reps Avg. $15/hr -Cash Bonus Banker Hours -Weekdays Immediate Interviews! Call: 847-741-1200 (id:4366084) QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Quality Manager with MS in Indust. Eng. +2 yrs experience as a quality engineer. Must have completed projects involving: 1. Maintenance and improvement of quality systems to ISO Standards; 2. Advanced skills in implementation of SPC and DOE methodologies; 3. Process validation and qualification studies as they relate to new and existing products. Must be SixSigma Black Belt certified. Submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with QM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4365435)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst. -SPORTS Connor Sports is seeking an Admin. Assistant at our Elk Gr. office. BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM. Positive, upbeat personality a must Candidates must be proficient in MS Office. E-mail resumes to email@example.com (id:4365897) PT BUS DRIVERS - PART-TIME BUS DRIVERS Free CDL Training, Monthly Bonus Opportunity, Vision and Dental Insurance, morning & afternoon schedules, ability to work in your community, Mini Bus or suburban routes, Perfect job for retirees, stay at home parents or just looking to earn extra money. Must be 21 years of age, drug free, no criminal background, current driver's license in good stand-ing for the previous 3 years, must enjoy working with children. Must be reliable. For fur-ther conditions & details call 630.357.1070 Naperville 630.668.1188 Winfield (id:4365853) SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - Education -Substitute Teach-ers needed in Marquardt School Dist. 15, Glendale Hts. Sliding pay scale: $95-125.00/ day. Illinois or substitute teach-er licensing requires with registration in DuPage County. Contact HR at 630-469-7615 x1171 for an application packet (id:4365766)
- ROUTE DRIVER - Route Driver -run a food route in our truck. Great pay, great benefits. Apply in person Master Brew, 3550 Woodhead Northbrook, IL (id:4366074) MACHINE OPRERATORS - Assembly Technician $9/hr Must read-write-speak English & have soldering exp. 1st shift Glendale Heights 630-620-9800 (id:4366092) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Elk Grove Village company seeking receptionist. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4366231)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.