Articles filed under Westmont
Hot Rods for Huntington's Disease! A Disease that needs to be heard of. Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The world-famous Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois will be the site of the first annual Hot Rods for Huntington’s Disease charity event.
COD Hosts National League for Nursing Immersion Experience in Hospital LabJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Judy Kemper from Oklahoma State University and Kathleen Fischer from Harper College work to assess and treat a “patient” during a simulation exercise at College of DuPage. Kemper, Fischer and other members of the National League for Nursing visited the Glen Ellyn campus, utilizing the College’s state-of-the-art Hospital Simulation Lab. The $350,000 facility
COD Hosts “Changing Attitudes Toward Psychedelics in Therapy, Biology and Culture” on Monday, June 17, at the Glen Ellyn Campus Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The College of DuPage Human Services program will host “Changing Attitudes Toward Psychedelics in Therapy, Biology and Culture” on Monday, June 17, from 1 to 5 p.m. in the Health and Science Center, Room 1234. This program is free and open to the public.
Kids can break from school, but not exerciseJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
DUPAGE COUNTY—Children get a break from school in summer, but the DuPage County Health Department reminds parents that does not mean their children should get a break from exercise.
Glen Ellyn Chorus Wins Area CompetitionJun 12, 2013 12:00 AM
The Village Vocal Chords chorus (the “VVC”) has just returned from Harmony, Inc’s Area 4 Competition, at which they came in first place, and qualified for the organization’s upcoming international competition.
Learn facts, myths about suburban coyotes June 22Jun 11, 2013 12:00 AM
How do they live, what do they hunt and eat, how do we protect our small pets and what should we do if our paths cross?
Images: The Week in Pictures Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features a few end-of-the-school-year activities and beginning-of-the-summer activities as well.
Historic GM concept cars to exhibit at Geneva Concours Aug. 25Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
The Geneva Concours d'Elegance has just announced that four of the rare GM Motorama Concept Cars of the 1950s, owned by the Bortz Auto Collection, will be on display at the show on August 25, 2013 in Geneva, Illinois.
A field guide to safe food at festivalsJun 10, 2013 12:00 AM
DUPAGE COUNTY—The summer is full of fairs and festivals and the DuPage County Health Department offers a few tips that will keep you and your family safe from foodborne illnesses while eating the many types of foods available at these events.
Mary Anne Smrz Named to Waddell & Reed’s Circle of ChampionsJun 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Oak Brook, IL – Mary Anne Smrz has qualified for Waddell & Reed’s annual Circle of Champions conference, recognizing the company’s top financial advisors. This year’s event will be held in Orlando, Florida.
Cross Country Bike Trip to Support Uganda ProjectJun 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Next week, Hope Broecker, will be arriving on her bicycle en route on her cross country bike trip. Chicago is one stop of many, as she tries to raise awareness of a project her friend, Abi was going to support, before she was involved in a car accident in late 2012, and now suffers from sever traumatic brain injuries.
The Party’s at Fine Line! New Entrance, New Address, Same Great Location! Jun 6, 2013 12:00 AM
Come celebrate the completion of Fine Line creative Arts Center's new entrance and bigger and better parking lot!
International weavers exhibit featured at St. Charles art galleryJun 6, 2013 12:00 AM
When you think of weaving, you can't begin to imagine what's on display at this year's Small Expressions exhibit, presented by Handweavers Guild of America, which opened in St. Charles on June 1 and runs through Sept. 7.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Pediatrician Comments on New Research About Bed Sharing and SIDSJun 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Sleep is one of the most common concerns for a new parent but safe sleeping is always at the top of the list. Many parents try bed sharing, which essentially means the child sleeps with his or her parents in their bed
A healthy map to follow on vacationJun 5, 2013 12:00 AM
DUPAGE COUNTY—Summer vacation season is arriving and the DuPage County Health Department reminds residents not to leave health and safety behind while on vacation.
Waterleaf Restaurant Hosts Farm-to-Table Wine Dinner June 14Jun 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Waterleaf restaurant in Glen Ellyn will host a farm-to-table wine dinner featuring fresh produce from Middlebury Farms in Woodstock on Friday, June 14, expertly paired with wines from around the world. Following a 6:30 p.m. reception, guests will enjoy a four-course, prix fixe dinner at Waterleaf at 7 p.m.
Best iPad and iPhone Accessories for Healthcare Professionals: A Cleaning Cloth and a Capacitive StylusJun 4, 2013 12:00 AM
This article discusses how a microfiber cleaning cloth and microfiber tip stylus are beneficial to those in the medical field, especially with the growing use of smartphones and tablets in the field.
12 year-old Diabetes’ activist, educator appointed Gear for Goals’ Youth AmbassadorJun 3, 2013 12:00 AM
American Diabetes Association’s National Youth Action Council Member Jared Kuper teams together with G4G to support children locally and internationally without sport or hope.
A man with a plan will get healthierJun 3, 2013 12:00 AM
June is Men’s Health Month and the DuPage County Health Department reminds men that just a few lifestyle changes will result in a healthier and longer life.
JASON MONTEMAYOR OF FOX LAKE, IL GOES TO WASHINGTON D.C.Jun 1, 2013 12:00 AM
FOX LAKE ALUMNI NOW ATTENDING NIU STUDENT RECEIVES HONOR
- Immigrants fear being forced out of Glen Ellyn homes
- Body found in Yorkville home after 8 months
- Schaumburg man puts his blades to work for the Hawks
- Why $25,000 in food on Batavia school charge cards?
- Bartlett toddler dies after fall into pool
- Lost Palatine Golden retriever back home
- Ex-chief pressured workers in Island lake, memo shows
- Barrington Hills teen charged in fatal crash
- Dawn Patrol: Palatine retriever found; Schaumburg armed robber sought
- One injured in rollover crash in Arlington Hts.
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouseman full time, M-F, forklift, benefits, Bensenville. 630-521-0970 (id:4343102) COOKS & DISHWASHERS - Cooks & Dishwashers needed exp. a plus, 35-38 hrs/wk Apply@Arrowhead Rest, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL or www.wheatonparkdistrict.com 630-653-5800 (id:4342823) FORKLIFT - Trabajo de Bodega y Forklift En Bolingbrook y Joliet Paramount Staffing (630) 771-7711 (id:4342635)
- MAINTENANCE - Hotel-Red Roof Inn seeks Main-tenance and Housekeeping per-sonal. Call Mirian (224)698-0211 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 1113 Butterfield Rd. Dnrs Gr, IL 60515 Ph(630)963-4205 (id:4343177) QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST - Real Estate -Quality Control Analyst for Real Estate information company located in Carol Stream. Fax Resume to: 630-588-4896 (id:4343202) FT VET TECH - FT experienced vet tech needed at practice in Grayslake. Fax resume attn Nicole 847.223.4748 or email email@example.com. (id:4342822)
- OFFICE - 4342873 - Office -Candy wholesaler in Des Plaines needs person for computer, take orders & some warehouse work. Must be able to speak English and Spanish. Call 847-297-6800 (id:4342873) SERVICE PLUMBERS - 4343383 - PLUMBING -Service plumbers - commercial/residential Guaranteed 40+ hrs/week. Must have minimum 5 yrs exp. Top pay/benefits/commission. Call 847-459-7385 OR fax resume 847-459-7386 (id:4343383) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 (id:4343251)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com