Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Roselle
Wayne Domke: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:41 PM
Candidate information for Wayne Domke, running for Roselle Village Board
Lee Trejo: Candidate Profile Mar 17, 2015 11:42 AM
Candidate information for Lee Trejo, running for Roselle Village Board
Suburban O'Hare Commission hires consultants to help battle airport noise Feb 27, 2015 8:35 AM
A group of towns near O'Hare International Airport has hired two consulting firms to assist them in their battle against airport noise. The Suburban O'Hare Commission, a group of 11 governmental entities in Northwest suburban Cook County and northern DuPage County, announced Thursday the hiring of aviation experts who will provide the group technical data and help lobbying federal, state and Chicago officials in hopes of reducing airport noise, officials said.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Two charged in Warrenville gas station robbery Feb 25, 2015 2:02 PM
A Batavia man and a Roselle woman have been charged with robbing a Mobil gas station in Warrenville, police said Wednesday. Jason A.J. DeVincent, 29, and Amanda A. Hicks, 28, each were charged with one count of aggravated robbery, authorities said. DeVincent’s last known address was on the 500 block of Stewart Street in Batavia and Hicks’ last known address was on Brendon Court in Roselle, authorities said.
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
After just four contestants last year, Rose Queen pageant draws 15 hopefuls Feb 25, 2015 8:47 AM
Roselle’s annual Rose Pageant is experiencing a resurgence of sorts. With just four contestants in last year’s event, organizers opened the competition to all Roselle girls in high school and all Lake Park High School girls — not just the juniors and seniors who were traditionally eligible.
Massage therapist sentenced for assaulting Barrington teen Feb 25, 2015 5:54 AM
A Roselle man working as a massage therapist in Barrington is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday. Tory Taylor, 36, was convicted of assaulting the high school student in December, 2014
Breaking the Code Feb 23, 2015 10:17 AM
Breaking the Code (BTC) is a research-based prevention simulation that highlights the existence and harmfulness of a hidden and unchallenged bullying social structure.
'The New Jim Crow' author to visit Benedictine April 21 Mar 12, 2015 10:02 PM
The impact of racial injustice in the American legal system will be the focus of a free lecture by civil-rights-lawyer-turned-legal-scholar Michelle Alexander at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, at Benedictine University. She is the author of the 2010 book, “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness.” In advance of her presentation, Benedictine is encouraging members of the public to join a communitywide reading group and series of weekly discussions related to the book and its theme.
District 54 to host Kindergarten Information Night Feb 19, 2015 7:35 AM
District 54 to host Kindergarten Information Night
Images: Lake Park vs. West Chicago, girls basketball Feb 17, 2015 1:00 AM
Lake Park hosted West Chicago on Tuesday for Class 4A regional quarterfinal girls basketball action in Roselle.
Learn what it takes to get ideas into laws Feb 16, 2015 8:58 PM
4-H members in Illinois will learn how ideas become law during a mock debate in the Chambers of the Illinois House of Representatives March 27-28 in Springfield. Delegates will debate mock bills using the same process used by real legislators in the Illinois House and Senate, including use of the House microphones and voting buttons to determine the fate of various bills. 4-H members who were at least 14 years of age by Sept. 1, 2014 may register online at go.illinois.edu/4hgreatdebate by March 13.
Unidentified Body Found in North Carolina Has Streamwood Connection Feb 17, 2015 1:00 AM
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Facebook site, Help ID Me, recently contacted Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System to help spread the word to local resources in hopes that the young man might be identified. New technology helped to produce an image to show what the unidentified teenager may have looked like. Help give him back his name. John Doe is a Caucasian male between the ages of 15-20, who had short, light brown hair, stood five feet nine inches tall and weighed 171 pounds. He was wearing jeans, a blue plaid long-sleeved shirt, a brown jacket and sneakers. Investigators believe he was transient for some time prior to his death, and may have lost touch with relatives. They believe he spent time in Florida, Illinois and Tennessee before arriving in North Carolina. If you have any information, please call 1-800-THE-LOST. A complete story can be found by the Crossroads Chronicle here: http://www.crossroadschronicle.com/pages/full_story_free/push?article-Body+still+unidentified+after+31+years%20&id=26459663&instance=top_stories Link to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe
Re-evaluate pay, perks for pols Feb 14, 2015 1:00 AM
A Roselle letter to the editor: I remember in the late ’50s and early ’60s people said it wasn’t worth running for office because it didn’t pay enough and the pay was better in private industry. In order to get more qualified candidates to run, pay for elected officials was increased and we did get more qualified candidates to run.
Ex-Schaumburg cop’s trial in drug-skimming case delayed again Feb 13, 2015 4:51 PM
A trial date again has been pushed back for a former Schaumburg police officer accused with two others of skimming drugs from police seizures and then using an informant to sell the narcotics on the street. The trial for John Cichy, 31, was set to begin March 3 in DuPage County, but Judge Liam Brennan agreed Friday to delay it five additional weeks at the request of prosecutors. Citing a “scheduling conflict,” prosecutors Friday rescheduled remaining pretrial hearings for March 2 and set the case for trial on April 13.
Rosedale in neighborhood profile Feb 13, 2015 12:00 AM
Dan LaVallie grew up in Roselle and was familiar with the upscale homes in the Rosedale neighborhood. Five months ago, when a home in the subdivision came on the market, LaVallie and his wife Katie purchased their dream home.
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel Feb 16, 2015 7:20 AM
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel
Believe Project: $100 for sister on fixed income with medical bills Feb 12, 2015 5:30 AM
The daily winner of $100 through the Believe Project is Susan Schrank of Roselle, whose sister's only income is Social Security.
Kohl’s Cares to award $400,000 in scholarships Feb 12, 2015 10:59 AM
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program recently announced it will award nearly $400,000 in scholarships and prizes to more than 2,500 students who have made a positive impact on their communities.
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- Endorsements: Dremel, Impastato, Dryden for Batavia Dist. 101
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing sister
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at email@example.com or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.