Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Referendum
Batavia school board narrows list of priority building projects Sep 24, 2014 5:30 AM
Two artificial-turf fields, but only a seven-lane new track, are what the Batavia school board Tuesday decided should be done first at Batavia High School, if voters approve borrowing $15 million for building projects districtwide.
2 athletic plans on Batavia school board’s mind Sep 22, 2014 7:46 PM
The Batavia school board is considering two options for remodeling Batavia High School's athletic fields as it prepares for a referendum in November about borrowing $15 million for capital projects. The board will discuss the options Tuesday, at a noon finance committee meeting and a 7 p.m. board meeting.
Grayslake fire district cites declining revenue in seeking tax hike Sep 20, 2014 7:20 AM
The Grayslake Fire Protection District is seeking a tax rate increase to fund operations. Voters in 2008 approved a tax hike but a drop in property values meant the expected revenue didn't materialize, according to Fire Chief John Christian. "This is certainly the last thing I wanted to do as a fire chief and our board wanted to do, but it's a necessary thing to continue the services," he said.
Term limits needed in Arlington Hts. Sep 15, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Keith Moens argues that the will of Arlington Heights residents is to have their village board representatives be subject to term limits.
Taxes, home rule, size of government on ballot for suburban Cook Co. voters Sep 12, 2014 1:41 PM
Residents of Northwest suburban Cook County will have several opportunities on the Nov. 4 ballot to weigh in directly on the operations of their local governments. Ballot questions run the gamut from financial to administrative, including a tax hike for fire services, giving a local municipality greater authority and reducing the size of a couple of government boards.
Arlington Hts. denial of term limits not a pretty picture Sep 1, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Stanley P. Szott of Arlington Heights isn't happy that the electoral board turned away the term limits petition from the November ballot.
Arlington Hts. board should put term limits to voters Sep 1, 2014 5:01 AM
Letter to the editor: Frank J. Biga III of Arlington Heights urges the village board to devise their own term limits referendum and "let the citizens decide. This would go a long way toward redeeming the board’s stature with many of us," he writes.
Plethora of questions on Lake County ballots in November Aug 29, 2014 1:04 PM
Residents in Antioch, Antioch Township,the Grayslake area, Lake Zurich, the Round Lake area and Wauconda will face local tax-related questions on ballots when they vote Nov. 4.
Batavia school board refining needs for referendum money Aug 26, 2014 6:25 PM
If the Batavia school district gets the OK to borrow $15 million, what projects would it spend the money on first? School board members are refining that list.
Term-limit backers seek state Supreme Court ruling Aug 21, 2014 5:08 PM
Republican Bruce Rauner and other supporters of political term limits asked the Illinois Supreme Court Thursday to jump into the debate about whether the question can go to voters this fall, just a day before the deadline for approving the November ballot.
Appeals court says term limits can’t be on ballot Aug 20, 2014 6:25 PM
Proponents of term limits for Illinois lawmakers were preparing a last-minute appeal to the state Supreme Court after an appeals court ruled Wednesday that a measure asking voters to approve such a measure could not appear on the November ballot.
Lake Zurich board puts home rule on ballot Aug 19, 2014 5:00 AM
Lake Zurich voters will decide whether village government should have more control over taxes and other issues through home-rule power. Village board members Monday night voted 5-1 to place a home-rule question on the Nov. 4 ballot. Lake Zurich voters overwhelmingly rejected home rule in 1998. If home rule is approved, an ordinance passed by the board states Lake Zurich would commit to limiting a property tax increase to 5 percent or the national rate of inflation known as the Consumer Price Index — whichever is less.
Home rule question put on the ballot by Barrington board Aug 18, 2014 6:18 PM
Barrington voters will be asked in November whether their village should become a home-rule community, a move supported by an independent committee of residents impaneled to explore the issue. Village trustees pledged not to raise taxes if home rule is granted.
No term limits in Arlington Heights’ near future Aug 17, 2014 5:36 PM
With a referendum on term limits off the November ballot, the idea may be dead in Arlington Heights for the foreseeable future. Last week, the village’s electoral board for the second time in two years threw out a petition asking that voters decide the term-limit question. Mayor Tom Hayes said it is not likely the village board will take up the issue anytime soon.
No term limits vote in Arlington Hts. this fall Aug 14, 2014 9:03 PM
Residents in Arlington Heights will not vote this November on whether their mayor and trustees should be bound by term limits — after a petition asking for a referendum on the ballot was thrown out on Thursday. All three members of the electoral board — Mayor Tom Hayes, senior Trustee Bert Rosenberg, and Village Clerk Becky Hume — voted to uphold objections filed by a resident to the term limits petition.
Group continues fight to put term limits on ballot Aug 14, 2014 4:59 PM
A group that wants to put legislative term limits on the November ballot told an Illinois appeals court Thursday that voters deserve a chance to approve a measure the General Assembly never will pass on its own.
Term limits may be on Arlington Hts. ballot in November Aug 7, 2014 7:59 PM
An Arlington Heights resident is trying again to get term limits for elected officials enacted in Arlington Heights, and has presented petitions that may get the initiative on the Nov. 4 ballot.
As mobiles increase, referendum planned for Round Lake High Aug 3, 2014 6:45 AM
More students than ever will attend class in trailers outside Round Lake High School starting in the 2014-15 academic season, officials said. The school's portable classroom total will double to 12 when an estimated 2,000 students return Tuesday, Aug. 19. “With the addition of the mobiles, we will essentially have a third of the student population at Round Lake High School receiving their instruction in modular units,” Principal Donn Mendoza said.
Prospect Hts. clerk and treasurer could be appointed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 AM
The Prospect Heights City Council has voted to put referendums on the Nov. 14 ballot where voters will decide if the city clerk and city treasurer positions should be appointed rather than elected. Mayor Nick Helmer says the change would save money.
Voters may decide on Wauconda Community Center expansion Jul 28, 2014 5:18 AM
A $4.75 million expansion plan could nearly double the size of the Wauconda Community Center — but it would first need voter approval. The Wauconda Park District’s proposal calls for a 10,000-square-foot addition to the 21-year-old building in Cook Park.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Surfeit of laws are strangling nation
- Mexican restaurant opening in Randhurst Village
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Be prepared for tax increases
- Gambling backers renew casino push despite declines
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Whites, Hispanics, Asians grow at historically black colleges
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556) MANUFACTURING - MANUFACTURING Hoffer Plastics Corp. is seeking reliable and motivated mold techs, inspectors, and machine ops for 2nd and 3rd shifts. OT available. No exp. Necessary. HS diploma or GED required. Email resume email@example.com or apply within 500 N. Collins St., South Elgin. www.hofferplastics.com (id:4396567) LINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN - Airline-Line Service Technician. Responsibilities; providing Aircraft ground handling. FT & PT. Call 847-537-1200 for info. Apply at www.signatureflight.com EEO M/F/D/V (id:4396380)
- ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Village of Skokie Aids in the design & field inspection of civil & traffic engineering projects; (street resurfacing, water main, sewer & sidewalk). Duties include: operation of surveying equipment, preparing reports, researching & maintaining records, measuring quantities and preparing cost estimates, reviews & records traffic crash reports and assists with the sign inventory system. H S diploma req., completion of college course work desirable. 3 yrs exp in sub-professional civil or traffic engineering. Must possess good oral/written communication skills, knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and knowledge of basic drafting and topographic surveying. Salary range $51,753 -$66,086/yr. Apply by 02/13/15 to Village of Skokie -Personnel Office 5127 Oakton St. Skokie, IL 60077 Visit www.skokie.org for additional information and to download an application. Emails/faxes are not accepted. EOE M/F (id:4396519) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396220)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.