Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Politics
Wisconsin elections board to discuss audit Dec 16, 2014 9:36 AM
The state board that oversees elections and ethics in Wisconsin plans to discuss a new audit that found problems with its operations that is fueling calls by Republicans for an overhaul. Tuesday’s meeting of the Government Accountability Board comes just days after the audit’s release. The 6-year-old board is comprised of nonpartisan former judges. It handles ethics, elections and campaign finance issues and has drawn the ire of both Democrats and Republicans over the years on a variety of issues. Republicans who control the legislature say an overhaul is needed and they are working on legislation to do that. The audit found a number of problems, including that board staff did not consistently follow a penalty schedule for enforcing campaign finance, lobbying and code of ethics laws.
Three challengers file to run for Barrington village board Dec 16, 2014 10:20 PM
A slate of three challengers, including former village president hopeful Mike Kozel, filed paperwork this week to run for the Barrington village board. None of the three incumbent trustees — Robert Windon, Paul Hunt and Jim Daluga — have filed for re-election.
Five candidates vie for three Schaumburg library seats Dec 16, 2014 4:37 PM
There will be a contested race for the Schaumburg Township District Library board April 7, with five candidates already having filed for three available seats. Filing their nominating papers Monday were incumbents Julie Wroblewski Bosshart and Nick Scipione of Schaumburg and newcomers Theresa “Terry” Seyring and Jillian Bernas of Schaumburg and Lisa Trousdale of Hanover Park.
School candidate lottery: Dec 16, 2014 4:55 PM
Lake County Clerk Carla N. Wyckoff will conduct a public lottery on Tuesday, Dec. 23 at 10 a.m. in the main lobby of the Lake County Courthouse and Administrative Complex, 18 North County St., Waukegan.
Unions sue to stop Chicago pension overhaul Dec 16, 2014 3:56 PM
urrent and retired city workers and their labor unions have filed a lawsuit arguing a law overhauling Chicago’s pension systems is unconstitutional.
Rauner: State agencies say they’ll run out of money Dec 16, 2014 4:21 PM
Republican Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner said Tuesday state agencies are asking for about $760 million to prevent running out of money by the summer, but he didn’t outline a plan to address it. The Winnetka businessman said agencies have been spending faster than they should instead of making their budgets last a full year.
District 211 board President Robertson not seeking re-election Dec 17, 2014 10:04 AM
[No Paragraph Style]NewsPalatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 board President Bill Robertson has announced he won’t seek re-election in the April 7 race. Robertson, who also serves as superintendent of Creston Community Consolidated School District 161 west of DeKalb, said he wanted to dedicate all of his time to that position.
Hearing focuses on Hoffman candidate’s residency Dec 15, 2014 5:24 PM
Questions over where Hoffman Estates trustee candidate Prajesh “Pat” Patel actually lives became the hub of an electoral board hearing Monday on objections filed against his nominating papers.
Des Plaines aldermen Robinson, Sayad, Charewicz file for re-election Dec 15, 2014 12:40 PM
At least three incumbent Des Plaines aldermen will try to hold onto their seats in the upcoming spring election. On the first day candidates were allowed to file their nomination papers at the city clerk’s office, 2nd Ward Alderman Jack Robinson, 4th Ward Alderman Dick Sayad and 8th Ward Alderman Mike Charewicz were among the first to file.
Sussman, Braiman file for Buffalo Grove president Dec 15, 2014 5:49 PM
Buffalo Grove Trustee Beverly Sussman officially challenged Village President Jeffrey Braiman Monday as both filed their candidacies for the village’s highest office. As well, five candidates have filed so far for three seats on the BG village board.
Lake County Clerk Carla Wyckoff says first day of filing went smoothly Dec 15, 2014 7:48 PM
The start of candidate filing for the April 2015 consolidated election was the first big test of new Lake County Clerk Carla Wyckoff’s fledgling political career. Fortunately, Wyckoff said, things couldn’t have gone better Monday.
Prosecutor outlines how grant fraud occured Dec 15, 2014 8:30 PM
By gaining access to and influence with the director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, a Chicago couple stole more than $3 million in taxpayer money that was intended for AIDS awareness and other pressing health campaigns, and instead bought Mercedes Benzes and helped pay their son’s mortgage, a prosecutor told a federal jury Monday.
Prison watchdog group: Overcrowding worse after closing Dwight Dec 15, 2014 10:21 AM
Moving about 1,000 female inmates from a closed prison in Dwight to another in Logan County has exacerbated overcrowding and not generated meaningful cost savings, according to a report from a Chicago-based prison watchdog group. Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn ordered the closing of the Dwight Correctional Center last year as a cost-cutting move.
School board filing going smoothly in Cook County Dec 15, 2014 4:56 PM
School board candidate filing is going surprisingly smoothing Monday morning in Cook County, officials say, even though candidates now must file with the county clerk and not their individual school districts.
Lines expected for first day of candidate filing Dec 15, 2014 5:30 AM
For the first time, school board candidates will be filing at county clerk's offices and election commissions around the suburbs.
Fox Valley municipal, school board races spark interest Dec 15, 2014 7:18 PM
It wasn’t a mad rush, yet a number of candidates vying for seats on village and school boards throughout the Fox Valley turned out Monday for the first day of filing petitions for the April 7 election. Among the municipal races, Huntley’s is already contested with two incumbents and two challengers vying for three, 4-year term seats on the board.
Volo’s Burnell Russell, Lindhurst’s Susan Lahr say they won’t seek re-election in April Dec 15, 2014 5:52 PM
Two incumbent Lake County village presidents said Monday they won’t seek re-election in 2015. Lindenhurst’s Susan Lahr said she won’t run for a third term because she believes in term limits. Burnell Russell, the only village president Volo has had since its incorporation in 1993, said it’s time for a change.
Batavia school board hot among Tri-Cities races Dec 15, 2014 7:59 PM
The Batavia school board race in April will be a highly contested one, as eight people filed this morning for theree seats. And one of those candidates is also seeking a seat on the Batavia City Council.
Candidates line up to get on ballot in Lake County Dec 15, 2014 5:17 PM
A few political showdowns surfaced Monday in Lake County as candidates began filing for the April 2015 consolidated election. The hottest action on the first day of filing was for the Wauconda village board race, where eight candidates filed for four trustee seats.
Madigan: Rauner gets to appoint comptroller for full term Dec 15, 2014 4:52 PM
Republican Gov.-Elect Bruce Rauner has the authority to appoint a new state comptroller to a full term next month, Attorney General Lisa Madigan says. Gov. Pat Quinn, meanwhile, can appoint a successor for the late Judy Baar Topinka until her term is out in mid-January.
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Barrington grad, partner win $1 million in 'Amazing Race'
- Bears need to clean house in a big way
- Santa touched by S. Elgin students' unselfishness
- White Christmas out east could mess up holiday travel
- 2 Bartlett High students hack into Elgin U-46 portal
- Scaling it back
- Jacobs' Van Vlierbergen reflects on her amazing Heisman weekend
- Mike North video: Why are the Bears underdogs vs. the Saints?
- Injuries don't deter Glenbard North
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually abusing patients
- Cutler out, Clausen to start for first time in 4 years
- Streamwood man pleads guilty to baseball bat attack
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Good Samaritans save driver in Streamwood crash
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban Cuban-Americans hope to renew family ties; Bears bench Cutler
- 'Fast-casual' pizza coming to Naperville, Schaumburg
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Boogeyman wins as movie theaters cave to threat
- Ye Olde Town Inn in Mt. Prospect abruptly closes
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- Man acquitted in bad haircut spat
- Barrington Hills passes new rules on horse boarding
- Tensions linger after Buffalo Grove plan collapses
- Are Bears more embarrassing on, off field?
- Rolling Meadows mourns passing of police commander
- Imrem: Time to boot Emery out the door
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Located in Champaign, IL, the State Universities Retirement System of Illinois (SURS; http:www.surs.com ) administers benefits and over $17.4B in assets for approximately 227,000 members. Responsibilities: Reporting to an eleven-member Board of Trustees, the Executive Director directs a staff of 130 through 10 direct reports, including a Chief Investment Officer. The Executive Director also serves as the chief governmental-legislation liaison with the General Assembly, its committees, and other governmental entities as necessary. Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree and progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in a public pension fund, insurance or financial services company, as well as outstanding leadership attributes, excellent communication skills, professional presence and maturity, and sensitivity to issues of managing and funding a public trust fund. The ideal candidate will also have strong people and process management skills, political acumen, strategic agility, and the highest integrity and ethics. Compensation and Benefits: Compensation (base salary plus excellent benefits) will be based upon experience, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate. Relocation expenses will be negotiated on an individual basis. SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, contact: Derrick Buckingham, Senior Vice President and Managing Director The Hollins Group Inc. 225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1575 Chicago, IL 60606-1274 312-606-2478 email@example.com (id:4393531) JOB FAIR - Job Fair Crumbs Bake Shop Tuesday, December 16th 10AM-4PM On Site Interviews Hiring PT and FT positions Cashiers & Team Lead Positions New location 469 Central Ave. Highland Park, IL 60035 847-229-6778 (id:4393532) SCHOOL NURSE - School nurse, RN knows Type I Diabete Survival skills. Exc benefits. To be considered for this position, please complete an application online at: http://www.generalasp.com/ ndep/onlineapp (id:4393806)
- SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393561) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Tuesday, December 16 -4pm to 9pm -INTERVIEWS HELD AT: BOB ROHRMAN'S Used Car SuperStore 935 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60048 1 Mile East of Route 53 on Dundee Road No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4393449) FRONT DESK HELP - Hotel -Red Roof Inn seeks Front Desk GSR; must have strong cust. serv. skills, no exp. necessary (we'll train). Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mirian Leon@224-310-3620. (id:4393253)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393715) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant Company located in Elk Grove Village, IL Pl email resumes to email@example.com (id:4393700) COUNSELOR - Counselor Full-Time, Tenure Track Faculty position available August 2015 For a detailed job description and to apply: jobs.clcillinois.edu College of Lake County EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (id:4393322)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.