Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lacrosse
Lake Zurich lacrosse team celebrates state championship Jun 9, 2013 5:05 PM
Players, families and community members took time to celebrate a dream that was 11 years in the making and finally came true — the Lake Zurich High School Boys Lacrosse team as state champions. The team’s motto “Dream Big, Work Hard,” was referenced by many of the players and coaches who spoke at a celebration of the team on Sunday, a gathering of more than 100 people at the high school field house after a short parade through town.
Libertyville savors Final Four run Jun 6, 2013 10:35 PM
When a road leading to the state Final Four got bumpy, Libertyville navigated it with a Blazer. Despite losing two-time all-American Kevin Verkler and fellow starting defender Graham Crawford due to late-season injuries, the Wildcats’ boys lacrosse team trucked within a victory of the Class-A state championship game. After beating Glenbrook North to earn its Final Four berth, Libertyville saw its season end last Thursday with an 11-4 loss to eventual state champion Loyola. Wildcats junior goalie Cole Blazer showed throughout the season why he along with teammates Verkler and A.J. Schmidt netted All-America honors. The trio led Libertyville to a 16-6 record (15-5 in state) and its first Final Four berth since 2004, when the Wildcats finished second.
Big Ten adds lacrosse to conference ledgers Jun 3, 2013 10:58 AM
The Big Ten Conference announced Monday the adoption of men’s and women’s lacrosse as the conference’s 27th and 28th official sports beginning in the 2014-15 academic year.
State title dream realized for hard-working LZ Jun 1, 2013 8:07 PM
The dream came to fruition Saturday. “Our motto was, ‘Dream big. Work hard,’ ” Lake Zurich head boys lacrosse coach Chuck Vozas said. The Bears’ hard work paid off in a 13-6 win over Naperville Central in the B-Class state championship game at New Trier West, giving Lake Zurich its first Lacrosse Cup in the program’s 11 years of existence. David Finney’s 4 goals led the Bears’ attack.
O’Malley sets the standard for St. Viator May 29, 2013 6:12 PM
It's been another outstanding season for the St. Viator boys lacrosse program. Last week, attackman Dan O'Malley was named first team all-state and thus became the first Lions player to be named an All-American. On Tuesday, the Lions erupted on Benet in the Class A quarterfinals, taking an 11-1 lead into halftime and winning handily, 14-5. The No. 4 seed Lions face No. 1 seed New Trier on Thursday in the state semifinals.
NU women’s lacrosse team thinks outside the box May 25, 2013 12:22 AM
Women's Watch on how the Northwestern lacrosse team is using boxing to keep its edge.
N. Carolina shocks Northwestern in lacrosse semis May 24, 2013 6:32 PM
Kara Cannizzaro scored four goals in the second half to help third-seeded North Carolina beat two-time defending national champion Northwestern 11-4 on Friday in the NCAA women's lacrosse semifinals.
Walker, Grayslake North roll to victory May 23, 2013 6:57 PM
Brendan Walker scored 4 goals, as Grayslake North’s boys lacrosse team made quick work of Highland Park on Wednesday, winning 18-2. A running clock was started with four minutes to go in the first half after the Knights jumped out to a 14-1 lead.
Grayslake N. wins 12th straight May 18, 2013 9:28 PM
Grayslake North's boys lacross team finished off the regular season with a 17-7 win over crosstown rival Grayslake Central on Saturday. The Knights improved to 15-4 with their 12th straight win.
Crosstown battle goes St. Charles North’s way May 17, 2013 11:41 PM
Good things happen when St. Charles North's Nick McCullough scores goals and Mike Jasica wins face-offs. McCullough didn't score though in the first half in the annual, highly anticipated match against St. Charles East at East Side Sports Complex in St. Charles. So, he made up for it in the second half, as did the North Stars' defense in a 15-5 victory.
Klimek, Fortsch keep winning in perspective at Waubonsie Valley May 16, 2013 1:18 AM
Success isn't just about wins. Sure, you play to win the game, but the friendships and life lessons that come from playing help shape these high schoolers as they head off to college and adulthood. There's no denying that Waubonsie Valley is struggling on the field, but that hasn't stopped it from being a special season for the Warriors in other ways.
Palatine picks up first MSL girls lacrosse title May 7, 2013 3:34 PM
Palatine, which started its girls varsity lacrosse team five years ago, won its first Mid-Suburban League championship on Monday with an exciting 9-8 victory at Barrington.
Loyola slugger Andresen ready for a new chapter May 3, 2013 8:24 PM
Loyola University softball slugger Brooke Andresen, a Downers Grove South grad who is leaving her name all over the school record books, talks with Patricia Babcock McGraw about her collegiate career in this week's Women's Watch column.
Smith leads Graylsake North past Evanston May 2, 2013 11:44 PM
Boys lacrosse Grayslake North 9, Evanston 4: On Wednesday, the Knights improved to 9-4, as Ben Smith was all over the field with 6 groundballs while playing relentless defense all night. Eric York was fantastic in goal with 13 saves. Rounding out the defensive unit were Shane Pech, Ian Pearce, Kevin Carter and Jake Lamb. The offense was led by AJ Fish with 4 goals and 3 assists. He and Jack Mattea (2 goals, 2 assists) were all over the field, coach Brad Fish said. Logan Morita, Spencer Davis (2 goals) and Freddie Williams were solid, as was Tyler Lyon.
Top moments in high school sports Apr 30, 2013 2:29 PM
High school athletes across the suburbs face off on basketball courts, football fields and baseball diamonds; they size each other up in tennis matches, around golf tees and across wrestling mats. The give it their all for their schools, their teams, their classmates and their coaches. The Daily Herald put together a video to honor athletes at our suburban high schools. Watch this feature to see some of the top moments in high school sports.
Hurst, Naperville Central outclassing opponents Apr 28, 2013 4:48 PM
Naperville Central boys lacrosse coach Tim Hurst thought the Redhawks would be contenders in the B Class this spring. What he didn't expect was for his team to get off to such a fantastic start while knocking off Class A teams in the process. The Redhawks opened the season with a statement victory over Neuqua Valley, throttling the Class A Wildcats 12-5. They've followed it up with impressive wins over a handful of other Class A foes, including town rival Naperville North, as well as Benet and St. Charles North, a team that had the state's highest ranking earlier this spring.
Grayslake North rolls Apr 23, 2013 10:44 PM
Boys lacrosse Grayslake North 14, Barrington 2: Farhan Khan scored 3 goals, and AJ Fish had 2 goals and 8 assists, as the Knights improved to 7-4. Goalie Eric York, Ben Smith, Shane Pech and Ian Pearce played close defense all night in the rain, Knights coach Brad Fish said. Brendan Walker (1 assist), Spencer Davis and Jack Mattea each added a pair of goals, while Freddie Williams, Logan Morita and Sean Monaghan also scored for Grayslake North.
Libertyville downs Lake Zurich Apr 20, 2013 11:02 PM
Lake lacrosse roundup
Montini making its mark Apr 17, 2013 2:01 PM
Seeing a Montini team with a 5-0 record isn't a surprise — certainly not in football. But this spring the Broncos are putting up an impressive record in lacrosse. The Broncos improved to 5-0 with a hard-fought 5-4 overtime win against Marmion on Friday.
Team Fegan organizes AHA benefit Apr 15, 2013 6:39 PM
After their father suffered a fatal heart attack in 2005 and their mother survived a heart attack and quadruple bypass in 2008, Katie Fegan and her sisters committed themselves to helping people through the American Heart Association. Now they're giving others the chance to join in. Lake Zurich High School will host a day of lacrosse games Saturday, April 27, between the Lake Zurich and Fenwick High School girls varsity, JV and freshman teams at the Lake Zurich High School stadium field, where teams for both schools will wear special uniforms in honor of the occasion. Admission proceeds and half of a split-the-pot raffle will go to the AHA. In addition, Fegan is soliciting local residents for the names of heart disease survivors or victims, who will be honored at the game.
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements
- Economy in U.S. grew more than forecast in third quarter
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Gander Mountain opens in Algonquin
- Catapult competitors at Cantigny fling some ingenuity
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.