Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Itasca
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
DuPage forest preserve candidate vows to make seat a full-time job Oct 10, 2014 5:30 AM
A Democratic challenger seeking a seat on the DuPage County Forest Preserve Commission says he’ll quit his job to become a full-time member of the board if he’s elected next month. Before Evan Wolfe submits his two weeks’ notice, however, voters in forest preserve District 1 need to decide whether they want to make a change. Wolfe’s opponent in the Nov. 4 election — Republican incumbent Marsha Murphy — has spent the past 12 years representing the district, which covers all or portions of Addison, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Elmhurst, Glendale Heights, Itasca, Lombard, Roselle, Villa Park and Wood Dale.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Janet Davies to emcee adoption agency’s fall gala Oct 21, 2014 3:58 PM
On Nov. 15, St. Mary’s Services will be hosting its annual fall gala entitled, “Making Miracles Happen,” at Concorde Banquets in Kildeer. This fundraising event is held to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month, commemorate all that the agency has accomplished over the past year, and to grow their resources for future endeavors.
DuPage Park Districts receive $7.1 Million to Improve Facilities Oct 7, 2014 4:59 PM
Governor Pat Quinn visited the Addison Park District on Saturday, October 4 to publicly announce $7.1 Million awarded to several municipal Park Districts located in DuPage County. The grant money provided through the Park & Recreation Facility Construction (PARC) program is awarded to park districts located in Addison, Bartlett, Hanover Park and Roselle. Addison Park District will receive $1.8 million as part of a matching grant to renovate Community Recreation Center. This facility located on the east side of Addison is the Park District’s administration office, one of the preschool centers, home to the Active Adults senior club and several other programs and special events. Concept plans are in place for the $3.5 Million renovation which includes upgrading the multi-purpose rooms, providing ADA-compliant access for patrons with limited mobility, and replacing inefficient HVAC and lighting throughout the building. “DuPage County communities are great places to live and work, and these park projects will provide the additional recreational opportunities they need to keep attracting new residents and businesses,” Governor Quinn said. “These parks play a key role in helping promote healthy lifestyles through recreation and it’s important that we maintain them.” The grants awarded Saturday are part of $50 million available through the Parks and Recreational Facility Construction (PARC) program, which is administered by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and funded by Governor Quinn’s Illinois Jobs Now! Construction program. PARC provides funding to eligible local governments for park and recreation construction projects. Eligible projects include land acquisition, development, architectural planning, construction, rehabilitation and improvements. “These grants are vitally important for communities seeking to build capacity for recreational opportunity,” IDNR Director Marc Miller said. “These projects, upgrades and additions will help (these) four park districts keep up with the ever-growing demand for recreation close to where people live and work.” Addison Park District is committed to providing the highest quality recreational opportunities and open space for everyone. The 2014 seasonal Fun Guide is available in print and online at www.addisonparks.org with a full curriculum of leisure activities for all ages and lifestyles.
From China to Oak Brook, hotel director keeps traditional values, work ethic Oct 6, 2014 5:00 AM
Kukec's People features Jiaqi Tang, the new director of food and beverage for the Le Meridien in Oak Brook. The native of China talks about her trek to America.
Illinois Railway Museum to restore classic Streamliner Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum in Union has begun a restoration project planned to return the famous streamlined Electroliner to operational condition in 2017. The museum's Electroliner received an external restoration when it returned to Illinois in the 1980s, but problems with the train's eight electric motors prevented the streamliner from returning to operation. Work is now under way to return the luxury streamliner to operable condition within the next three years. In addition to work on the motors, work is needed on the wheels, trucks, air brakes and air conditioning before it can be operated.
Family Shelter Service Fundraiser October 16 at York Theatre Oct 3, 2014 5:31 PM
In recognition of domestic violence awareness month, a fundraiser benefitting the Family Shelter Service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, at the York Theatre, 150 N. York St., in downtown Elmhurst. A $10 donation is recommended.
How Well Do You Know Your Car? Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Learning about the maintenance on your car.
4-H is Preparing Youth for the Challenges of Life Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Lake County youth are joining the more than 6 million other 4-H members across the nation in celebration of National 4-H Week Oct. 5-11.
“Uncommon Threads” event returns to St. Charles Oct 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together textiles and accessories created by local and national artists. A juried runway show is the star of the day. Featuring wearable works of art, all items will also be available for purchase that afternoon. In its 28h year, this event — Fine Line's biggest annual fundraiser — will take place at Q Center in St. Charles on Sunday, Oct. 19.
Suburban mayors oppose property tax breaks for homeowners near O'Hare Oct 1, 2014 6:47 AM
Nine suburban mayors and one township supervisor have called upon State Rep. Marty Moylan to withdraw legislation that would give property tax breaks to homeowners impacted by noise from O'Hare International Airport, saying it would lower property values and shift a tax burden onto other homeowners. "Property values are already declining," Moylan said. "This bill offers some relief.”
Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today! Sep 29, 2014 8:02 AM
The 9th annual event will start in historic downtown Palatine and include a .5K Kid's Dash as well as an after part at Durty Nellie's!
Images: The Week in Pictures Sep 29, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of dogs, alpacas, an elephant and someone enjoying the sounds of The Monkees.
Two mismatched women find common ground in “Grace & Glorie” Sep 29, 2014 4:59 PM
In playwright Tom Ziegler’s “Grace & Glorie”, Grace is 90 years old and has checked herself out of the hospital to die at home. Glorie is the young hospice volunteer who attempts to care for the cantankerous Grace. The show runs from October 17 through November 8 at the Village Theatre Guild in Glen Ellyn, and tickets are available by calling 630-469-8230.
Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury Sep 29, 2014 3:28 PM
This story is about Bill Kornfeind - The business owner of Ultimate Car Wash in Round Lake Beach and a longtime Wauconda resident. Bill suffered a tragic accident which left him a quadriplegic. We would like to share his story through the fundraiser that is setup to help him.
Jewel-Osco admits to second data breach Sep 30, 2014 8:11 AM
Itasca-based Jewel-Osco said Monday it has discovered another breach of customers' private information but the company was unsure if payment card data was stolen. AB Acquisition LLC, which operates Albertsons stores under Albertson's LLC and ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, and Shaw's and Star Markets under New Albertson's Inc., was notified by its third party IT services provider SuperValu of a separate, more recent, “attempted criminal intrusion seeking to obtain payment card information” used in some of its stores.
Entertain Your Taste Buds Sep 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Food Tasting to Benefit Children and Adults with Disabilities
- Cubs take next step and fire Renteria
- Reputed gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- St. Peter Lutheran School celebrates 150 years
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.