Activate Your Free
Articles filed under AHL
Wolves complete weekend road sweepMar 9, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves won for the second time in as many nights to complete both the weekend and the season sweeps of the Abbotsford Heat with a 4-1 victory Sunday night at the Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre.
Wolves roar past WildMar 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Center Adam Cracknell netted a pair of goals and added an assist to lead the Chicago Wolves to a 4-0 victory over the Iowa Wild on Sunday afternoon at Allstate Arena. The Wolves set a franchise record by running their home point streak to 17 games. Keith Aucoin scored a goal and assisted on Cracknell’s tallies, while Ty Rattie added his team-leading 22nd goal.
Wolves complete weekend sweep of HeatFeb 23, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves wrapped up a weekend sweep of Western Conference-leading Abbotsford with a 2-0 triumph Sunday afternoon at Allstate Arena. Rookie right wing Ty Rattie registered a goal and an assist, defenseman Evan Oberg delivered the other goal, and Jake Allen stopped 21 shots to earn his third shutout of the season.
Cracknell paves way to Wolves’ victoryFeb 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Forward Adam Cracknell scored 26 seconds into the game and added 2 assists to pace the Chicago Wolves to a 5-3 victory over Western Conference leader Abbotsford on Saturday night at Allstate Arena.
Naming any sport’s Mount Rushmore not easy task Feb 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Now that everyone in the world has come up with their personal sports Mount Rushmore, maybe it's time to move on to a new topic. How about Olympic hockey?
Wolves bounce back with 3-2 winFeb 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves avenged Saturday’s overtime loss to the Milwaukee Admirals with a 3-2 victory over the Midwest Division foe in an Amtrak Rivalry game on Sunday at the Allstate Arena.
Wolves fall 3-2 in overtimeFeb 15, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves earned a point for the seventh consecutive game, but Milwaukee claimed a 3-2 overtime victory Saturday night in a physical Amtrak Rivalry game at the Allstate Arena. Admirals center Austin Watson’s backhander filtered through goaltender Matt Climie’s legs for the game-winner with 22 seconds remaining in extra time.
Wolves win 5-4 over IceHogs in shootoutFeb 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Center Keith Aucoin tied the score with four seconds left and four skaters scored in the shootout as the Chicago Wolves defeated the Rockford IceHogs 5-4 Friday night at the Rockford MetroCentre.
Olympic thoughts while trying to survive winterFeb 13, 2014 12:00 AM
The good and bad from the Olympics, plus some very random thoughts and more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Wolves rally to sink Admirals in shootout Feb 9, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves faced a 2-goal deficit twice, but rallied in the third period to force extra time and went on to edge the Milwaukee Admirals 4-3 in a shootout Sunday in an Amtrak Rivalry game at the Bradley Center. Forward Nathan Longpre kicked things off with a shorthanded goal in the second period, while center Keith Aucoin and defenseman Cade Fairchild scored in the final frame to get the Wolves (27-16-3-2) to extra time. Right wing Sebastian Wannstrom and center Adam Cracknell were successful in the shootout, while goalie Jake Allen stopped all 4 of Milwaukee’s attempts to complete the comeback.
Wolves fall short in Wild finish Feb 7, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves watched two leads evaporate as they dropped a 4-3 overtime decision to the Iowa Wild in a back-and-forth Midwest Division battle at Wells Fargo Arena on Friday night. Right wing Sebastian Wannstrom, defenseman Taylor Chorney and right wing Adam Cracknell tallied for the Wolves (26-16-3-2), while goaltender Matt Climie (6-8-0) kicked out 18 shots.
A piece of ‘Miracle’ history headed to Sochi Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
When instructor Kenny McCudden travels to Sochi for the Winter Olympics this week, he'll be taking something special along with him: the lapel pin worn by "Miracle on Ice" defenseman from the 1980 Olympics.
Wolves handle Comets 4-2 Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Ten former Chicago Wolves returned to the Allstate Arena with the Utica Comets on Tuesday morning, but the current Wolves did not give them a warm welcome. The Wolves topped the Comets 4-2 in front of 11,488 enthusiastic students at the School-Day Game to earn their 10th victory in their last 11 home games.
USA Women’s Hockey built around a strong bond Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The U.S. women's Olympic hockey team heads to Sochi this week as a medal favorite. Skating instructor Kenny McCudden sizes up the squad, and he's hoping the color of any medal will be gold.
Rattie’s OT goal gives Wolves win over Wild Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM
Rookie right wing Ty Rattie’s one-time blast with 29 seconds left in overtime lifted the Chicago Wolves to a 3-2 victory over the Iowa Wild on Saturday night before 11,123 at Allstate Arena. Rattie scored twice and Dmitrij Jaskin added a goal for the Wolves (25-16-2-2), who won for the seventh time in a string of eight consecutive home games decided by 1 goal. Matt Climie (6-7-0) posted 24 saves in the win. “Both teams played pretty tight and didn’t give up much tonight,” said Wolves coach John Anderson. “Tough to allow that late goal after taking the lead, but Rattie came up with another big goal for us.”
Wolves whip first-place Griffins Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Four different players scored as the Chicago Wolves finished off a five-game road trip with a 6-2 win over the Western Conference-leading Grand Rapids Griffins on Friday night at Van Andel Arena.
Wolves take bite out of Bulldogs Jan 26, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves left Ontario with a pair of victories after they bagged their second win of the weekend with a 4-1 decision over the Hamilton Bulldogs on Sunday at Copps Coliseum. Left wing Dmitrij Jaskin and defenseman Mark Cundari each had a goal and an assist, and right wing Tyler Shattock and defenseman Joel Edmundson both added goals for the Wolves.
Wolves rebound with 2-1 win over Toronto Jan 25, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves earned a hard-fought 2-1 victory over the Toronto Marlies on Saturday afternoon at Ricoh Coliseum. Left wings Dmitrij Jaskin and Chris Porter got on the board for Chicago, and defenseman Brent Regner dished out 2 assists. Goaltender Jake Allen backstopped the victory, with the only blemish coming on one of Toronto’s seven power plays.
Smooth move by Maddux Jan 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Love, love, love that Greg Maddux is going into the Hall of Fame with no logo on his plaque — saying it’s impossible for him to choose between the Braves and the Cubs. Classy.
Wolves can’t hold lead, fall to Comets Jan 21, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Wolves held the lead midway through their first visit to Utica Memorial Auditorium, but the Utica Comets rallied to earn a 2-1 victory Tuesday night. Rookie right wing Ty Rattie produced the lone goal for the Wolves (21-15-2-2), while all-star goaltender Jake Allen (16-10-2) stopped 28 of 30 shots.
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- Fire damages downtown Naperville restaurant
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- With trade, Cubs' Epstein sees light at end of tunnel
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Al Salvi remembers run-in with IRS's Lois Lerner
- McCarthy and Falcone are goofballs in matrimony
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- OFFICE ASSISTANT FASTENERSANDSPHER - OFFICE ASSISTANT REQUIRES 4+ YEARS IN THE FASTENER and -OR SPHERICAL ROD END INDUSTRY. FULL TIME, FAX RESUME 847-647-6712 (id:4377952) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - NOW HIRING SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS -No experience necessary -Training Provided -Part-time morning and afternoon hours -Bring your child to work Starting wage for new drivers beginning 9/1/14 -$14.70 Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or in person: 880 South Route 83 Grayslake, IL 60030 847-543-9244 EOE (id:4375009) ASSOC CREATIVE DIRECTOR - Assoc Creative Director Resp for visualizing & supervising the creation of graphics for ads in print, television, radio, outdoor, digital & collateral media, using Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator. Manage accts & large-budget projects. Supervise print production & manage quality/cost of projects. Work w/Copywriter & other creative staff to create concepts for ads & present ideas, strategies & pitches to supervisors/clients. Use knowledge of print, broadcast & digital production to develop/design projects. Chicago, IL location. Req's B.A. in Art, Design or Comm's & 5 yrs of post-degree progressively resp exp as ad agency Art Director. Exp must incl digital & film photography, working w/clients in at least 3 diff ad client categories (e.g. packaged goods, hospitality, retail, finance, etc.). Must have demonstrated creative excellence by having been on creative team for at least 2 award-winning or shortlisted ad campaigns (such The One Show, The London Int'l Awards, The Young Guns or similar). Leo Burnett Company, Inc. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4378444)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Naperville co. has openings for CSRs. 2nd shift & wkends. 2 yrs + exp, great phone skills. Great pay and benefits. Email resume to: CSM@chicago.augeomarketing.com (id:4378415) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: email@example.com. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) ACCOUNTING - Accounting for Arlington Heights co. FT. Must have good computer skills to compute, compile, enter & print invoices. Person will be responsible for calculating commissions and preparing journal entries. Good pay & benefits. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4378431)
- PAINTER - Painters -experience a must, exterior & interior, own tools, $14/hr. Call 224-730-0125 (id:4378262) JOB FAIR - CAREER FAIR! ON THE SPOT INTERVIEWS! Class A CDL Drivers $500 SIGN ON BONUS / $18-21 per hour! Excellent Benefits: 401k & ESOP Ferrellgas, a nationwide lead-leader in the propane industry, and Blue Rhino, the Nation's largest propane tank exchange company, are looking for FT and PT Class A Drivers in Mel- rose Park, Eola, Channahon, and Carol Stream. Requirements: Must to be able to lift up to 75 lbs High School Diploma or equivalent At least 1 year driving exp. Class A CDL license with air brake, hazmat, and tanker endorsements Clean driving record Join us at our CAREER FAIR on July 16 from 10:00-1:00 and 4:00-6:00 for on the spot interviews: Hyatt Place 27576 Maecliff Drive Warrenville, IL 60555 Apply online at: www.ferrellgas.com (id:4379130) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service -Now Hiring Managers and Crew for a new McDonalds in Lake Zurich on 123 Quentin RD. Immediate Interviews on Monday and Thursday 9am-5pm at 653 Rand Rd in Lake Zurich. (id:4377366)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.