Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Woodstock North High School
Hampshire’s Barnett announces coaching retirement Feb 23, 2015 9:32 PM
Hampshire boys basketball coach Bob Barnett announced his retirement from coaching Monday afternoon, effective at the end of the season. Barnett, 54, said his decision is not directly related to his health, though he suffered two heart attacks on Nov. 20, 2012. He missed a game last week due to illness.
Jacobs nails down first FVC title Jan 31, 2015 9:40 PM
After finding itself on top of the competition at the end of day one of the Fox Valley Conference Tournament on Friday, Jacobs’ wrestling team had one goal in mind: win the FVC for the first time in school history. Despite being one of two Top 10 teams without an individual conference championship, the Golden Eagles had 14 wrestlers battle for a Top 5 spot and needed every one of them to hold off McHenry and win the conference title. Jacobs finished with 208.5 points, 7 ahead of the host school, Saturday afternoon at McHenry.
Benoit, Hampshire hold off Woodstock North Jan 30, 2015 10:50 PM
Hampshire started strong and finished strong against Woodstock North Friday night. In between, though, the Blue Thunder made things interesting. After watching a 19-point lead shrink to 5, the Whip-Purs turned on the jets again and pulled away to a 56-44 Fox Valley Conference Fox Division girls basketball win in Hampshire.
Jacobs in good position to win first FVC crown Jan 30, 2015 10:37 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last season, a less than sparkling opening day at the Fox Valley Conference wrestling tournament all but erased the hopes for Jacobs of a top four finish. On Friday, things were different for coach Gary Conrads’ club and with the Golden Eagles on the front foot from the opening bout, Jacobs finds itself heading into Saturday’s final day of the conference tournament with an 8-point lead, 105-97 over host McHenry, and 23-more than division rival Cary-Grove (82.0) which enjoyed a solid first day.
Girls bowling: Grayslake North wins FVC title Jan 30, 2015 11:06 PM
Dundee-Crown junior Brittany Mueller took third place individually to lead the Chargers to fourth place as a team Friday at the Fox Valley Conference girls bowling tournament at Liberty Lanes in Meadowdale. Jacobs took third place as a team while Grayslake North edged Grayslake Central for the conference championship.
Wrestling: Scouting the Fox Valley Conference Tournament Jan 29, 2015 5:52 PM
Scouting this weekend's Fox Valley Conference wrestling tournament.
Hampshire survives Woodstock North Jan 17, 2015 9:48 PM
It was an atmosphere conducive to an upset: a sleepy Saturday matinee on the road in a sparsely filled, cavernous gymnasium against a hungry, young Woodstock North boys basketball team. Though Hampshire didn’t gain further separation in the fourth quarter due to 7 turnovers, the Whip-Purs nevertheless did enough offensively to protect a 10-point halftime lead and avert the upset with a 53-42 Fox Valley Conference Fox Division victory.
Elgin drops Woodstock North for 2nd straight win Dec 23, 2014 8:57 PM
The Elgin High boys basketball team has had its share of struggles this season, but on Tuesday the young Maroons took another step in the right direction. Elgin was able to build a lead then sustain it, something the Maroons haven’t done much of this season, in a 62-53 win over Woodstock North in a consolation bracket game of the 65th annual E.C. Nichols Holiday Classic at Homer “Bill” Barry Gymnasium in Marengo.
Strong second half powers Dundee-Crown Dec 19, 2014 9:53 PM
Dundee-Crown exhibited its dangerous potential in two second-half stretches which totaled just 4½ minutes on Friday night at Lou Ramirez Gymnasium in Richmond. The first 10-point run in the third quarter put the Chargers ahead to stay in their opening game of the Northern Illinois Holiday Classic girls basketball tournament. The second 10-point run in the fourth quarter sent them on their way to a 56-44 victory over Woodstock North.
Hampshire still unbeaten in FVC Fox Dec 12, 2014 11:18 PM
In the first half against Woodstock North, Hampshire’s girls basketball team just couldn’t seem to pass the ball down low. Any pass in the direction of the baseline was met by a tangle of long arms belonging to the Thunder. The Whip-Purs committed 15 turnovers in the first half, most coming on steals, but still managed to lead by a point at the break. In the second half, the Whips eliminated those turnovers and pulled away to a relatively easy 40-26 win Friday in Fox Valley Conference Fox Division action in Woodstock.
Grayslake North nets share of FVC Fox title Oct 25, 2014 12:16 AM
If a relentless Woodstock North team with its season on the line wasn’t ample reason for concern for Grayslake North, there sat Titus Booker. His left leg stretched across the Knights’ bench with a bag of ice under his hamstring. Turns out, all things were under control. Grayslake North built a three-touchdown lead in the first quarter, thanks largely to Booker, and never let up against their opponent. Booker was in good shape too following the visiting Knights’ 49-29 win that earned them a share of the Fox Valley Conference Fox Division championship with Prairie Ridge.
Jacobs Van Vlierbergen makes it a FVC trifecta Oct 18, 2014 8:43 PM
Muddy, wet conditions. Didn’t matter. Annoying mist. Didn’t matter. You get the picture. Nothing was going to deter Jacobs senior standout Lauren Van Vlierbergen from capturing her third straight Fox Valley Conference individual championship. Van Vlierbergen, who finished fourth in Class 3A in 2013, posted a 3-mile time of 17:53.8 to finish first at Saturday’s Fox Valley Conference girls cross country championship at Hickory Nut Grove Park in Cary.
Woodstock North handles Grayslake Central Oct 11, 2014 12:11 AM
Woodstock North 57, Grayslake Central 9: The host Thunder improved to 4-3 and 4-0 in the Fox Valley Fox Division. Grayslake Central fell to 0-7 and 0-4 in the FVC Fox. Woodstock North quarterback Jimmy Krenger rushed for 3 touchdowns and passed for one.
Woodstock North topples Hampshire Oct 4, 2014 12:21 AM
The up and down season at Hampshire continues. And so too does the injury bug. Already without starting quarterback Nick Mohlman, the Whip-Purs lost starting running back Devontae Johnson to a knee injury in the second quarter of a 21-9 Fox Valley Conference Fox Division loss to Woodstock North Friday night in Hampshire. But their unfortunate luck doesn’t end there.
Cary-Grove tunes up for Huntley with big win Sep 20, 2014 12:06 AM
Cary-Grove displayed an offense that could score by taking its time or by wasting almost no time Friday night at Al Bohrer Field. What really mattered to the state’s top-rated Class 7A team by The Associated Press was reaching the end zone the seven times they had full possessions in their Fox Valley Conference football crossover with Woodstock North. The Trojans rolled up 463 yards of total offense on their way to a 47-7 victory.
Lakes handles Woodstock North Sep 5, 2014 11:52 PM
Jake Balliu’s big night helped Lakes’ football team improve to 2-0 Friday night, as the Eagles knocked off visiting Woodstock North 30-17 in nonconference action. The senior rushed 13 times for 141 yards and caught 3 passes for 30 yards. Balliu scored on a 64-yard run and also hauled in a 16-yard TD toss from Jordan Mercure. Mercure (10-of-15 passing, 111 yards) threw touchdown passes to Matt Heerema (2 yards) and Lucas Kuzmanovich (14 yards), as well. Mercure added 68 rushing yards on 11 rushes. Dan Recker and Alex Jennrich led the Lakes defense with 11 tackles each, and Cody Brumm chipped in a 37-yard field goal, as the Eagles extended a 7-0 advantage after one quarter to 24-10 by halftime. Woodstock North fell to 0-2.
Back in action, Ciolek leads Wauconda Aug 30, 2014 10:24 PM
All that time Stevie Ciolek spent on the sideline last season. Not allowed to strap on a helmet and hit. Not permitted to run drills with his Wauconda football teammates. Then Friday night, when the senior defensive back finally returned to the field for a varsity game, lightning hit Woodstock North. Ciolek — and all of his teammates — would have to exhibit patience again, as the season opener was suspended in the second quarter. On Saturday, the sun shone at Woodstock North and was topped by Ciolek’s even brighter smile. His touchdown return for a touchback provided a much-needed spark for Wauconda, and the Bulldogs took advantage by rallying for a 28-21 win.
Grayslake North’s Booker streaks past FVC field May 16, 2014 11:13 PM
If you blinked you missed Grayslake North standout sprinter Titus Booker. Booker sprinted past the field at Friday night’s Fox Valley Conference meet held at Crystal Lake Central, winning the 100 meters in 11.06 and the 200 in a clocking of 22.20. “I just ran with my heart tonight and it worked out very well,” said the talented Knights junior. “I knew it would be good competition tonight so I trained hard. I feel very confident going into the sectionals next week.” McHenry, led by junior distance standout Jesse Reiser, claimed the conference championship with a score of 103.50.
Daily Herald Prep Excellence award winners May 4, 2014 8:29 PM
The Daily Herald's Prep Sports Excellence event Sunday at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates provided a platform to recognize some amazing achievements from the finest high school athletes and coaches. Here are our winners in the categories of dazzling moment, overcoming obstacles, sportsmanship and spirit.
Images: Team Dance Illinois’ Grand Championship Mar 3, 2014 6:21 PM
Team Dance Illinois' Grand Championship was held Sunday, March 2 at the Peoria Civic Center. The event showcases Illinois’ best dance, pom, drill and guard teams competing throughout the event.
- Witness regrets not reporting knife in Naperville bar
- How local lawmakers voted on Homeland Security plan
- Healthy Coghlan eyes starting spot with Cubs
- Dist. 204 group leads Naperville Marathon charity race
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Centers of attention: GM Bowman strengthens Hawks in the middle
- Why you should see 'Fifty Shades' in a packed theater
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Smart shopping, cooking can reduce food waste
- Northwestern unveils football video series
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Jenny McCarthy to appear at Arcada Theatre
- Fremd's wait for state is over
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- Crystal Lake police seek despondent teen
- Focused Montini overcomes Antioch
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Monday's results
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Congress sends Homeland bill to Obama
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Reporter hopes to break her yo-yo dieting trend
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Hawks make quick work of the Hurricanes
- Chicago's winter delays Cubs plans? Who woulda thunk it? Imrem: xxx
- After just four contestants last year, Rose Queen pageant draws 15 hopefuls
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- Joliet native helps bring John Hughes film scenes to stage
- McCarthy, Wahlberg apparently staying in area
- No love lost as short-handed Bulls top Wizards
- RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Wheaton law firm seeks PT receptionist. Proficient in Word, Excel, PC Law, Social Media. Competitive Salary/benefits.Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399911) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep for order processing & general office work, strong phone skills needed. $10-11/HR Call Bob 847/972-6110 (id:4396948) DRIVER - CDL A/B - Truck Driver wanted for small Streamwood Mfg Co. CDL A or B. Must meet DOT requirements and have clean MVR. 2 yrs experience. Overtime and Saturdays required. Benefits. Must be 23 yrs old. Email HR@randolphpacking.com (id:4399221)
- DRIVERS - TRUCK DRIVERS-OTR/ CLASS A CDL Ashley Distribution Services in Romeoville, IL seeks: -LTL TRUCK DRIVERS (Multiple stop loads to retail stores!) Earning potential avg. $78,000 year -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) Earning potential avg. $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -Full Benefit Package Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: email@example.com or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4399639) MACHINE OPERATOR - : Machine Operator : Must be mechanically inclined and have own car. 1st Shift $12/hour 773-205-1555 (id:4399615) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449)
- EQUIPTMENT TECHNICIAN - Equipment Technician Full Time w/full Benefits Bartlett Park District Visit bartlettparks.org. (id:4399557) PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE - Franklin Pk -Reliable and hardworking person needed for an entry level position. Union pstn w-good benefits. Resume-job history to Fax 847-455-8837 or resume-submission@hotmail No Phone Calls! (id:4399514) PARALEGAL - Corporate, Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Paralegal Exp'd paralegal needed im- mediately for Wheaton law firm. firstname.lastname@example.org Incl. Paralegal Candidate on subj line (id:4399493)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.