Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wood Dale
Suburban mayors oppose property tax breaks for homeowners near O'Hare Oct 1, 2014 6:47 AM
Nine suburban mayors and one township supervisor have called upon State Rep. Marty Moylan to withdraw legislation that would give property tax breaks to homeowners impacted by noise from O'Hare International Airport, saying it would lower property values and shift a tax burden onto other homeowners. "Property values are already declining," Moylan said. "This bill offers some relief.”
Son of Wood Dale alderman pleads guilty to sexual assault charges Sep 30, 2014 10:05 PM
The adopted son of a Wood Dale alderman pleaded guilty Tuesday to two counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl and one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Jordan Wesley, 20, of the 400 block of East Itasca Street, is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl at parks and wooded areas in DuPage County, and has been held I DuPage County Jail on $500,000 bail since his arrest last October.
Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today! Sep 29, 2014 8:02 AM
The 9th annual event will start in historic downtown Palatine and include a .5K Kid's Dash as well as an after part at Durty Nellie's!
Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury Sep 29, 2014 3:28 PM
This story is about Bill Kornfeind - The business owner of Ultimate Car Wash in Round Lake Beach and a longtime Wauconda resident. Bill suffered a tragic accident which left him a quadriplegic. We would like to share his story through the fundraiser that is setup to help him.
Family Fest lives up to its name in Wood Dale Sep 27, 2014 4:27 PM
If you’re going to call your event the Festravaganza Family Fest, it better feature all sorts of things to entertain kids of all ages. Which is exactly what the organizers at Wood Dale Park District came up with Saturday during their annual celebration in Community Park.
The Illinois Brass Band Presents ‘An Evening With Sousa’ Sep 25, 2014 4:09 PM
The Illinois Brass Band opens their 2014 -2015 season as they present "An Evening With Sousa."
Entertain Your Taste Buds Sep 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Food Tasting to Benefit Children and Adults with Disabilities
Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM
Chicago Family Fun Expo is coming to the DuPage Expo in St. Charles Oct 18-19. The primary goal of the Chicago Family Fun Expo is to assist nonprofits through the promotion of hands-on activities and fun shows and seminars throughout the weekend.
National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters” Sep 24, 2014 11:37 AM
National Farm Safety and Health Week will be observed Sept. 21-27, 2014. "Safety Counts - Protecting What Matters" is this year's theme, and the week focuses on promoting awareness of safe farm practices, to everyone involved in agriculture and to the general public.
Waterleaf to Host Long Shadows Winery Dinner Oct. 1 Sep 19, 2014 4:30 PM
Waterleaf restaurant in Glen Ellyn will celebrate the award-winning wines of Long Shadows Winery during an exclusive four-course, four-wine dinner on Wednesday, Oct. 1. Guest of Honor Dane Narbaitz, owner of Long Shadows Winery, will be on hand throughout the evening to introduce the wines to guests and answer questions. The price of this exclusive four-course dinner is $75 plus tax and gratuity. “Long Shadows wines have enjoyed critical acclaim that has continued to grow since they opened their doors more than 10 years ago,” said Waterleaf General Manager Jean-Pierre Leroux. “We are pleased to offer our guests this wonderful evening of elegance, great food and the wonderful wines produced by this elite group of winemakers.” The evening will begin with a reception at 6:30 p.m. featuring 2013 Nine Hats Pinot Gris, Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Dinner will begin at 7 p.m. with Seared Scallop with Apricot-Thai basil sauce and crispy jasmine rice paired with 2013 Poet’s Leap Riesling, Washington State’s Columbia Valley. The second course will include Gnocchi Leeks, mushrooms and robiola sauce paired with 2009 Saggi Tuscan Red, Washington State’s Columbia Valley. The third course will feature Tamarind Glazed duck with carrot puree and blackberry-ginger sauce paired with 2009 Chester-Kidder Red Blend, Washington State’s Columbia Valley. For the final course, guests will enjoy Chocolate Pot de Crème served with sweet cream and cookie. Founded in 2003 by wine luminary Allen Shoup, former CEO and President of Chateau Ste. Michelle and its affiliate wineries, Long Shadows Vintners brings an exclusive group of the world’s most celebrated winemakers from the finest wine regions around the globe to Washington State, creating world-class wines that showcase the viticultural excellence of Washington’s Columbia Valley. Each celebrated vintner partners individually with Shoup and resident winemaker Gilles Nicault on a distinct winemaking program to produce a single superlative wine under a unique label. In addition to receiving recognition on their individual wines, Long Shadows collectively has earned numerous awards, including Food & Wine magazine’s Winery of the Year. To make reservations for this exclusive Long Shadows Winery Dinner at Waterleaf, call (630) 942-6881. Waterleaf, led by General Manager Jean-Pierre Leroux and Executive Chef Nadia Tilkian, is located on the College of DuPage campus in the Culinary & Hospitality Center, 425 Fawell Blvd. in Glen Ellyn. Waterleaf is widely recognized as the dining destination of choice for foodies and wine aficionados living in and visiting Chicago’s western suburbs. Featuring moderately priced brunch, lunch and dinner options, the restaurant’s menu contains offerings developed with locally sourced ingredients. The contemporary light-filled dining room has a modern décor and dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows that provide a beautiful view of a scenic landscaped waterfront. Waterleaf’s walls display a collection of black-and-white lithographs by renowned American artist Richard Serra and there is a cozy bar area to enjoy cocktails and light snacks. Waterleaf has earned Diner’s Choice Awards for Best Ambience, Best Overall, Best Service, Fit for Foodies and Special Occasion on OpenTable.com, where it maintains a 4.6/5.0 rating. Most recently, Waterleaf received its third consecutive Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. This award, given annually to restaurants in the U.S. and 65 countries worldwide, confirms that Waterleaf’s beverage program is consistent with its dining concept, style and price point. In addition, Waterleaf recently received a three-star “Excellent” review from Chicago Tribune’s renowned food critic Phil Vettel. For more information and to make reservations, call (630) 942-6881 or visit www.waterleafrestaurant.com.
COD Hosts Free ‘Chaparral Career Advantage’ Workshops Sep 19, 2014 4:58 PM
Career Services at College of DuPage is hosting a variety of free “Chaparral Career Advantage” workshops through December.
College of DuPage to Host Study Abroad Open House on Oct. 9 Sep 19, 2014 4:50 PM
The College of DuPage Field and Experiential Learning program will host its “Study Abroad 2015” Open House from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 9, in the Student Services Center, Room 3245, on the College’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
Authors to Visit College of DuPage at Free Writers Read Program Oct. 14 Sep 19, 2014 4:46 PM
Following a new format, the College’s Writers Read literary series will include readings and discussions by several acclaimed authors throughout the day on Tuesday, Oct. 14, in the Student Resource Center, Room 2000, on the College’s main campus, 425 Fawell Blvd., in Glen Ellyn.
Judge Tristano Addresses September NARFE Gathering Sep 18, 2014 7:19 AM
Judge Tristano provided and overview of the Circuit Court of Cook County and stressed the importance of completing the judicial retention ballot in the November election.
Tri-County 4-H members earn top honors at Illinois State Fair Sep 18, 2014 6:45 PM
Tri-county 4-H’ers earned 34 Superior Honors and 60 Awards of Excellence at the Illinois State Fair junior exhibit judging in Springfield in August. Nearly 100 DuPage, Kane and Kendall County youth shared their qualifying 4-H projects with judges on Aug. 9. The Award of Excellence is given to youth whose county project earned them a trip to the Illinois State Fair.
Illinois 4-H Hall of Fame inducts 3 from Tri-County area Sep 29, 2014 8:52 AM
In August, more than 1,000 supporters watched the induction of 66 new members into the Illinois 4-H Hall of Fame, including three representatives of the tri-county area of DuPage, Kane and Kendall Counties. Area winners include: Laura Bennett, DuPage County; Carol McKellar, Kane County; and Mary Ann Petersen, Kendall County.
St. Peter School Schaumburg to Host Its First Annual 5k Run/Walk October 18 Sep 17, 2014 10:28 AM
St. Peter Lutheran School in Schaumburg to host its first annual 5k Run/Walk on Saturday, October 18 The Roger Kirsch 5k Honor Run/Walk to Honor Principal’s 40 Plus Years of Dedicated Service
TMA Co-Hosts Taiwan Manufacturers at Networking Event Sep 16, 2014 7:15 AM
The Technology & Manufacturing Association of Illinois recently co-hosted a dinner for more than 40 Taiwan manufacturing executives. The Taiwanese were in Chicago for the International Manufacturing Technology Show.
World Class Basketball taking registration for winter travel teams Sep 25, 2014 4:00 PM
The World Class Basketball Association, a nonprofit organization, runs travel teams for boys in fourth through eighth grade. They are now accepting registrations for your 2014-15 winter travel program.
D214 Community Education Travel Talks! Set for Sept. 16 Sep 15, 2014 7:36 AM
For three hours on Tuesday, September 16, District 214 Community Education Travel staff will unveil its travel schedule for the rest of 2014 and 2015.
- Pregnant Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Person in custody after death of Carpentersville woman
- Authorities: Blowtorch likely cause of Elk Grove building fire
- Hanover Park man charged with assaulting infant
- Wal-mart seeks to settle Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- Mayors oppose O'Hare noise property tax break
- Griffin: Why gas tax distribution varies in suburbs
- Rozner: Cubs, Girardi might be a match in fall of 2015
- Does your car have a secret warranty?
- 2 arrested on I-88 near Aurora with uncut heroin, crack
- Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Person in custody after death of Carpentersville woman
- Woman missing near Grayslake pond found safe
- Elgin officer fired after Facebook posts on Ferguson
- Lombard man killed by stray wheel identified
- Longtime Elgin attorney dies in plane crash near Plano
- Surprising van Riemsdyk turning some heads
- U-46 parents, students criticize new grading system
- Motorcyclist seriously hurt in Elk Grove crash
- Jewel-Osco admits to second data breach
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- OR RN - Nursing OR Registered Nurse Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center has a position for an Operating Room RN, Flexible Hours. Monday to Friday -No call. Experience preferred. FAX resume to 630-584-9805 or email to Laura Carlson at email@example.com. (id:4386695) DRIVER - PT - P/T Bus driver needed at Palatine Township, CDL with P endorsement a must, 8 hours/day, 2-3 days /week. Email resume to Jpeterson @PalatineTownship.com (id:4387132) DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive purchasing and distribution entity for Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the continental U.S. Responsible for selecting full cases of product from a warehouse pick lot, fitting items onto pallets, plastic wrapping the bundles and labeling completed pallets. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: -Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. -Ability to work a flexible schedule -Ability to work in a team environment -Willingness to cross-train in multiple departments -Warehouse experience desired National DCP offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life/ disability insurance, 401(k), holiday, vacation and personal time. Warehouse Selectors Apply Now! IN PERSON BETWEEN 9AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street Mokena, IL 60448 EMAIL: Recruiting@natdcp.com (id:4387013)
- DRIVER - 4324000 - Driver ? MAO, Inc. looking for local driver. Must have CDL-Class A or B, clean MVR. F/T with benefits. Hours Mon -Fri with some Saturdays. Please come in & fill out application at 201 S. Prospect Ave., Itasca, IL. Ask for Kevin Ley. (id:4386819) ROCKSTAR LINE COOKS! - 1-2+ Yrs Exp, No nights-wknds! 708.947.2940 or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386651) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer service Established Co. in Wood Dale seeks to fill two CSR positions. 1 for inside sales & 1 for service dispatch. Must be reliable & motivated persons to multitask & data entry. PC & phone skills a must. Co. will train. Excl. salary+benefits+401K +profit sharing. Fax 630-741-0128 (id:4387161)
- ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following opportunity available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK / FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidates will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individuals must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4386371) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing WE ARE STAFFING UP! Wise Plastics, a custom injection molding manufacturer has immediate openings on all shifts. Come GROW with us! We are looking for: Process Techs; Lead Operators, Setup Techs; Material Handlers; Warehouse; Quality Inspectors; Machine Operators and Assemblers. Send resume to HR@wiseplastics.com or visit us at 3810 Stern Ave, St. Charles (id:4387136) HEALTH CARE - Join the Aetna Better Health of Illinois team! Aetna Better Health of Illinois is looking for caring people who share our vision of helping to provide innovative, community-based health care for Family Health Plan members in Illinois. Aetna Better Health is a great place to work. As an employee, not only will you be helping others, you'll be part of a team just as dedicated as you. Our company values diversity and is dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals. Clinical Job Fair-Downtown Chicago Monday, October 6, 2014 11am -7pm The Wit 201 N. State Street Chicago, IL 60601 Clinical Job Fair-Downers Grove Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11am -7pm DoubleTree Suites and Conference Center 2111 Butterfield Road Downers Grove, IL 60515 Come prepared to interview with our managers. Please bring your resume! Job Opportunities -Clinical Care Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 19765BR and 19766BR -Case Management Coordinators (Bachelor's degree or non-licensed masters level clinician-social work, psychology, counseling) Requisition # 20813BR -Supportive Care Management Associates Requisition # 20474BR -Clinical Care Management Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 20475BR, 20515BR -Concurrent Review Nurse Requisition # 19770BR -Prior Auth Representatives Requisition # 20473BR -Director, Quality Management These positions will require local field based travel and may be eligible for telework consideration following successful completion of training and demonstrated performance. You can view available job opportunities and apply online before the events. Visit www.aetna.com/working , select Job Search, then select Search Openings, and input keyword "IL TANF." (id:4387165)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.