Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wheaton-Warrenville Unit D200
District 200 hopes to have new superintendent by mid-August Jul 3, 2014 9:28 AM
The search for a new superintendent in Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 has been narrowed to about four candidates, school board President Barbara Intihar says. Since Brian Harris stepped down from the position in late May, the board has conducted initial screening interviews with at least eight candidates, Intihar said. All but one was recommended to the board by Harris.
District 200 teens accused of posting lewd images learn charges Jun 26, 2014 7:09 PM
Two former Wheaton middle school students who face criminal charges in connection with the electronic posting of inappropriate images involving students and staff members have been placed on home detention as the cases against them move foreword. Both 14-year-old boys and their parents appeared Thursday in DuPage County Juvenile Court to learn the charges against them.
NEW 200 Foundation seeks volunteers, donations from Wheaton community Jul 24, 2014 5:03 PM
For years, the NEW 200 Foundation has helped support Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 students with the purchase of new technology and textbooks and the funding of various projects and teaching methods. But recently, funding has declined due to foundation volunteers leaving after their children grew out of the district. Foundation leaders are hoping to revitalize NEW 200 by gathering new volunteers and support at monthly meetings, the next of which will take place Aug. 18.
Authorities investigating ‘sexting’ case at Wheaton middle school Jun 13, 2014 6:29 PM
For the second time in a month, authorities are investigating the sharing of inappropriate images among Edison Middle School students in Wheaton. The mother of an eighth grade girl who was disciplined said the problem started when her daughter sent a topless photo to a male classmate. "Less than 10" students were disciplined by the district, a spokeswoman said.
Dist. 200 starts superintendent search, looks for public input Jun 12, 2014 1:38 PM
The Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 board of education is seeking input from the public as the search for the district's next superintendent kicks into full gear. Comments about a "superintendent profile" available on the district's website that lays out the qualities the board is looking for in a superintendent can be sent to email@example.com. As of Wednesday, 15 resumes have been submitted for the position, which was abruptly vacated by Brian Harris on May 29.
Students and sex images Jun 9, 2014 5:30 AM
Within a month, four schools --- in Barrington, Batavia, Glen Ellyn and Wheaton --- reported instances of students sexting, looking at porn or creating obscene images. In two of the cases, students involved have been charged.
School districts take action after sexting, porn incidents Jun 9, 2014 9:30 PM
Within months, four elementary and middle schools --- in Barrington, Batavia, Glen Ellyn and Wheaton --- reported instances of students sexting, looking at porn or creating obscene images. In two of the cases, students involved have been criminally charged. The districts have responded by trying to educate students about the appropriate use of the Internet and social meda.
District 200 still struggling with power outage Jun 3, 2014 5:39 PM
All classes resumed Tuesday at Wheaton’s Edison Middle School, one day after 30 students were taken to area hospitals when a gas leak and a burning smell caused them to feel sick. The district is, however, still suffering from the power outage, which created a partial loss of electricity at Edison as well as an outage at District 200’s school service center, causing all phone lines and email accounts throughout the district to be out of service.
Dist. 200 middle school students pitch business ideas Jun 3, 2014 5:27 PM
Nearly 200 eighth-graders from Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 pitched their business plans to area businesspeople during an entrepreneurship expo at the Illinois Institute of Technology’s Wheaton campus Monday.
Wheaton students taken to hospital after gas leak Jun 2, 2014 5:50 PM
A Wheaton middle school was evacuated for more than an hour Monday and 30 students were taken to area hospitals when a gas leak and a burning smell caused them to feel sick, authorities said. Wheaton Fire Chief Bill Schultz said the gas leak — not the burning smell — was what caused the students to feel ill.
Dist. 200 superintendent’s separation agreement approved with 5-2 vote May 29, 2014 5:39 PM
Brian Harris ended his 4-year tenure as superintendent of Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 Thursday with more than four years left on a five-year contract. He's leaving to become superintendent in Barrington. “I was not expecting, at least a month and a half ago, to be sitting here today having this conversation,” he told District 200 board members. “What happens sometimes, though, is you get recruited, you get an opportunity that’s in front of you, and it was very, very difficult not to consider it.”
Dist. 220 hires Wheaton Warrenville’s Harris as new leader May 29, 2014 6:23 PM
The Barrington Unit School District 220 school board Thursday hired Brian Harris, current superintendent of Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200, as its new superintendent. Harris will replace Superintendent Tom Leonard, who in April announced plans to resign June 30 and take over as top administrator in the Eanes Independent School District in the suburbs of Austin, Texas.
Wheaton cops, school investigating 'dummy' social media accounts May 22, 2014 12:05 PM
Wheaton police are investigating “dummy” social media accounts that recently posted inappropriate images involving Edison Middle School students and staff, according to district officials. Edison Middle School families received an email from Principal Rachel Bednar Tuesday afternoon stating that the school is working with police to investigate and resolve the issue.
Dist. 200 approves agreement for online courses May 15, 2014 5:44 PM
An agreement that will allow students at three area school districts to take online courses this fall was approved Wednesday by the Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 school board. For more than a year, District 200 has been working with Naperville Unit District 203 and Indian Prairie Unit District 204 to create a new virtual learning consortium that will offer online classes to high school students next year and “blended learning” courses in the future.
Dist. 200 will move transition center out of Hubble May 15, 2014 4:32 PM
Wheaton Warrenville Unit District 200 officials have agreed to lease a building in downtown Wheaton to house their transition program for special-needs students ages 18 to 22. Joanne Panopoulos, assistant superintendent for student services, said the transition program has been at Hubble Middle School for the past three years because of a budget crunch the district faced a few years ago.
Revenue creation ideas flow at Engage200 session May 8, 2014 5:30 AM
Many of the nearly 200 residents in attendance at Wheaton Warrenville District 200’s fifth Engage200 session Wednesday drew a blank when asked how the district should cut spending. Suggestions for ways the district could increase revenue, however, were bountiful. All the input will be analyzed and taken into consideration as the district moves on to its sixth and final community engagement session next month.
Finances take stage at next Engage200 session May 6, 2014 4:37 PM
Finances are the topic of Wheaton Warrenville District 200’s next community engagement meeting and district officials are urging all taxpayers to attend. “This impacts every community member, regardless of whether they have a direct relation with the school community or not,” said Superintendent Brian Harris.
Dist. 200 teacher, students ready to showcase techn in Springfield May 6, 2014 7:03 PM
Two Wheaton students and a teacher from Lowell Elementary School are traveling to Springfield Thursday to demonstrate to lawmakers how they use technology in the classroom and at home to learn. Carmen MacDonald has been using a tablet and graphic software to record her voice, drawings and writing on a video that can then be accessed by students from home or anywhere that they can bring a device with access to the Internet.
Wheaton students celebrate Arbor Day with new tree Apr 25, 2014 5:00 PM
In celebration of Arbor Day, a small white oak tree was planted Friday at Emerson Elementary School in Wheaton. Second and fourth graders at the school read poems about trees and sang a song about the environment before taking turns shoveling dirt onto the base of the tree. "Planting a tree, I think, is a wonderful occassion," said Mayor Michael Gresk.
District 200 officials talk future of technology Apr 24, 2014 4:41 PM
Where technology currently stands in Wheaton Warrenville District 200 and varying views of how it should be expanded was discussed by the board of education for nearly three hours Wednesday evening. For the last few years, the district has been focused on improving its technology infrastructure. It has also introduced Google applications for education to staff members. Now, the challenge will be to carefully decide which route to go with devices for students, as they will create a new, ongoing cost for the district.
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.