Activate Your Free
Articles filed under West Aurora High School
WW South advances, but West Aurora makes it difficult Oct 27, 2014 8:29 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South’s girls volleyball team moved on to the Class 4A Glenbard South regional semifinal, but it will have to forget a nervy finish against West Aurora by match time.
Live video: West Aurora vs. Glenbard East Oct 24, 2014 9:35 AM
West Aurora vs. Glenbard East football
West Aurora ends year with momentum Oct 25, 2014 12:09 AM
The sporting cliché is that West Aurora and Glenbard East were playing for pride on Friday night in the final game of the season, with both football teams already eliminated from the postseason. But the Blackhawks and Rams put on an end-to-end display that showed there is talent surrounding the hearts of the players in these programs — though mistakes caught up to Glenbard East and big plays benefited West Aurora in a 45-35 Blackhawks victory.
Scouting Tri-Cities Week 9 football games Oct 23, 2014 10:17 PM
Week 9 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
Ernst, Batavia take UEC individual team titles Oct 18, 2014 10:26 PM
St. Charles North’s Audrey Ernst crossed the finish line at the Upstate Eight Conference cross country meet, then turned to congratulate her competitors running through the chute. There were plenty to congratulate because the slightly built, blonde-haired freshman won the meet on Saturday. Ernst outdueled familiar foe Gabby Juarez of Streamwood by .6 seconds, winning in 17 minutes, 31.1 seconds on the undulating three-mile course at Lords Park in Elgin.
Live video: West Aurora vs. East Aurora Oct 17, 2014 9:02 AM
West Aurora vs. East Aurora football
West Aurora wins 14th straight over East Aurora Oct 18, 2014 3:09 PM
DaQuan Cross needed only 15 seconds to begin a historic West Aurora football victory Friday night. West Aurora and archrival East Aurora are Illinois’ prep version of the Rose Bowl—the granddaddy of them all. But in the 121 years the schools have competed, West Aurora never scored as many points as it did at East Aurora. Cross’ 87 yard kickoff return to start the game was only an appetizer as the Blackhawks scored on all five second-half possessions to rout the Tomcats 62-14.
Previewing Week 8 Tri-Cities area football games Oct 16, 2014 9:21 PM
Week 8 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
UEC bragging rights on line Saturday Oct 15, 2014 1:53 PM
It’s getting to be the fun time of the cross country season — something the Batavia Bulldogs remember quite well. The Bulldogs certainly had fun late last year, qualifying for state for the first time and giving retiring coach Mike DiDomenico quite a send off. We’re still a couple weeks away from the key sectional races, but the postseason does get going this weekend with area teams hungry for bragging rights at their respective conference meets.
Football: Week 7 MVPs Oct 15, 2014 11:36 PM
St. Francis senior quarterback Clint Bobowski and Hersey senior defensive back Cole Monckton have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their performances in Week 7 of the high school football season.
WW South’s Cepeda takes Stampede title Oct 11, 2014 3:17 PM
Batavia coaches had a plan for Patrick Redmond Saturday at the West Aurora Stampede, but the senior had his own ideas. Redmond went out at lightning quick pace and was able to keep it up, running a career-best time of 15:28 to take third while leading the Bulldogs to a third-place finish in the 13-team field despite missing No. 1 runner Ryan Wieties.
West Aurora shocks Waubonsie Valley in 2 OT Oct 10, 2014 11:47 PM
West Aurora’s Darryl Watkins came through in two pressure-packed situations that resulted in an upset of previously undefeated Waubonsie Valley.
Live video: Waubonsie Valley vs. West Aurora Oct 10, 2014 10:02 AM
Waubonsie Valley vs. West Aurora football
Scouting Tri-Cities Week 7 games Oct 9, 2014 8:26 PM
Week 7 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
Live video: West Aurora vs. Neuqua Valley Oct 3, 2014 7:59 AM
West Aurora vs. Neuqua Valley football
Neuqua Valley wins shootout at West Aurora Oct 4, 2014 12:11 AM
West Aurora certainly had the momentum going into halftime after TJ Jackson broke a tackle and entered the end zone with no time remaining in the second quarter. But Neuqua Valley stopped the Blackhawks at critical junctures in the third quarter Friday night in Aurora, and its first two scores of the second half created enough separation for the Wildcats to escape with a 48-35 Upstate Eight Valley victory.
Scouting Week 6 Tri-Cities football Oct 2, 2014 7:48 PM
Week 6 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
West Aurora’s late goals do in South Elgin Sep 30, 2014 8:46 PM
When West Aurora finally got a couple of scoring chances in the second half, the Blackhawks took advantage. Jose Gallegos and Damian Castaneda scored in the final 26 minutes to lead West Aurora past South Elgin, 2-0 in Upstate Eight Conference Valley Division boys soccer action in South Elgin Tuesday.
Halfway home, breaking down playoff possibilities Sep 30, 2014 9:42 AM
It seems like I say this every year about this time — and here I go again. I can’t believe how fast time is flying. Last weekend (at halftime to be precise) marked the official halfway point of the high school football regular season.
West Aurora wins thriller over Bartlett Sep 27, 2014 12:12 AM
From the opening kickoff to the final play of the game, the overflow West Aurora homecoming crowd earned its cost of admission Friday night. In the first-ever meeting between the Blackhawks and Bartlett in the Upstate Eight Conference Valley Division, the schools’ slugfest was not decided until three West Aurora secondary members tackled Bartlett wide receiver Brandon Gates as time expired. With their 34-28 victory the Blackhawks ended a 12-game losing streak dating to the second week of last year.
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Single mom needs to make choices that meet her needs
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Images: Thursday's Lake County Fair
- Video game-themed restaurant coming to Woodfield
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Kids Ink: Native Americans
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.