Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Volleyball
Harper women’s volleyball squad faces difficult regional challenge Oct 31, 2014 1:01 AM
Ranked fourth nationally and with a 32-13 record, Harper College’s women’s volleyball team seems well positioned for the postseason. But there’s a big challenge ahead for Hawks in Region IV, Division III NJCAA playoff action, thanks to a pair of losses to Rock Valley College (24-14). The Hawks, winners of their last seven games, earned the region’s No. 3 seed for this weekend’s tournament at Joliet Junior College. “The girls realized they’re a good team,” coach Bob Vilsoet said. “Whether you are seeded two or three, it makes no difference.” And the Hawks’ first-round opponent at noon Saturday? Rock Valley.
Girls volleyball: Thursday’s results Oct 31, 2014 12:12 AM
Here are high school girls volleyball results from Thursday, Oct. 30.
Girls volleyball: Loyola handles Larkin Oct 30, 2014 9:21 PM
After getting past Rolling Meadows with relative ease in its opening match of the Class 4A Larkin regional on Tuesday, top-seeded Loyola Academy took another step toward a trip downstate on Thursday. Fighting off a pesky Larkin team, Loyola used strong serving at the end of each game to clinch a 25-15, 25-15 win for a Class 4A regional title.
Nolan, Crystal Lake South on a roll again Oct 30, 2014 9:33 PM
Crystal Lake South’s girls volleyball team certainly had enough motivation entering Thursday night’s Class 4A Prairie Ridge regional title match against rival Crystal Lake Central. A win would give South a second straight regional crown and a chance to play at home for the sectionals. The inspired Gators got the job done. Second-seeded South advanced to the its own sectional with a 26-24, 25-20 win over the talented top-seeded Tigers. It’s the 19th regional title in program history for the Gators.
St. Charles North can’t stop Benet Oct 30, 2014 8:52 PM
When two strong volleyball teams play well, you’re usually in for a tight, down-to-the-wire match, and that’s what St. Charles North was hoping to see Thursday night.
Schofield, Carmel return to form against Palatine Oct 30, 2014 9:41 PM
Gracie Schofield was back for Carmel’s girls volleyball team on Thursday night.“It felt a little weird after missing the last three matches,” said the Drake recruit, who suffered her first injury (sprained ankle) in four years on the varsity. “It was just kind of hurting when I was jumping and landing on it. I just had to forget about it and play for the team. Once I did that, it was a lot easier.” Schofield and the No. 3 seeded Corsairs did not make things easy on No. 6 Palatine. Attacking from all angles, the Corsairs registered 24 kills en route to a 25-11, 25-21 victory in the championship match of the Class 4A Wheeling regional.
Kurth, Stevenson ace out Hersey Oct 30, 2014 9:12 PM
Maybe there is something to that cliché — you know, the one saying it’s very hard to beat a team three times in one season. Stevenson sophomore Jori Radtke had a stunning 17 kills as seventh-seeded Stevenson ended Hersey’s terrific season 25-20, 23-25, 25-21 at Glenbrook North.
Geneva makes quick work of Naperville North Oct 30, 2014 9:38 PM
Already with one postseason win by the skin of its teeth, Geneva’s volleyball team decided to make things a little easier on their fans — and their coach — Thursday night in the Class 4A Geneva regional championship game.
Rosary routs Aurora Central Oct 30, 2014 9:36 PM
There was far more at stake when the neighborhood rivals met in a girls volleyball match for the second time this month. But the postseason proved no different than their regular-season date as host Rosary never trailed in administering a straight-sets defeat against Aurora Central Catholic Thursday evening. Behind the serving prowess of Martha Konvodoff and the fearsome hitting of Erin Burke, the Royals dominated their Class 3A regional final in Aurora with a 25-10, 25-8 victory.
Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ Oct 31, 2014 1:45 AM
The much-improved Dundee-Crown girls volleyball team could not keep determined host Cary-Grove from returning to championship form in Thursday’s Class 4A regional final. Cary-Grove, which won the 4A state title in 2009 and finished runner-up in 2010 and 2011, won its first regional title since that remarkable era by sweeping the Chargers 25-19, 25-18.
Girls volleyball: Huntley dominates DeKalb Oct 30, 2014 10:41 PM
After cruising to a second straight Class 4A regional title at home on Thursday, the Huntley girls volleyball team is hoping it’s just a steppingstone to bigger and better things ahead. The Red Raiders will begin their quest for their first sectional title since 2001 when they take on Cary-Grove Tuesday at the Crystal Lake South sectional on Tuesday and if Thursday’s convincing 25-13, 25-16 win over DeKalb is any indication, they would appear poised to make a serious run.
Burlington Central storms back to take crown Oct 30, 2014 10:36 PM
Kaneland’s girls volleyball team may have dominated urlington Central in Game 1 Thursday night more than any team has in a single set all season. But that’s why volleyball matches are played best-of-three. The Rockets stormed back from a disastrous opening set to win the next two and beat the Knights 14-25, 25-25-20, 25-20 in the championship match of the Class 3A Hampshire regional.
St. Charles East completes trifecta against Waubonsie Valley Oct 30, 2014 10:04 PM
Beating a quality volleyball team 3 times in the same season is always a tough task. Beating that same volleyball team 3 times in 3 weeks is even tougher. St. Charles East (29-8), however, was able to accomplish the feat without losing a single game, completing its third victory over Waubonsie Valley (24-14) in 22 days with a hard-fought, 25-21, 26-24 Class 4A Glenbard South regional championship triumph in Glen Ellyn.
Harvest Christian wins 4th straight volleyball regional Oct 30, 2014 11:04 PM
Ellie Burzlaff and Mikayla Robinson each had 8 kills and Burzlaff served 7 aces Thursday night to lead Harvest Christian to a 25-6, 25-14 win over Westminster Christian in the championship match of the Class 1A Chicagoland Jewish girls volleyball regional in Deerfield.
Glenbard West wins third consecutive regional title Oct 30, 2014 10:14 PM
The Glenbard West girls volleyball team won its third straight regional title Thursday with a 25-23, 25-15 victory over Wheaton North at the Class 4A Oswego East regional. But by looking at the Hilltoppers in their post-match celebration, one could tell the joy they experienced is far from becoming routine.
Schaumburg tops Niles West for regional championship Oct 30, 2014 11:06 PM
Just two weeks ago, Schaumburg won the Mid-Suburban West girls volleyball championship. On Thursday night in Skokie, the Saxons’ 2014 resume picked up another championship.Morgan Sterrett put down 6 kills while Mallory Gerber added 3 as No. 2-seeded Schaumburg posted a 25-17, 25-20 victory over No. 7 Niles West to win the Niles West Class 4A regional crown.
Girls volleyball: Lake County roundup Oct 30, 2014 10:52 PM
New Trier gave Libertyville’s top-seeded girls volleyball team everything it had, but the Wildcats emerged to extend their season. Hannah Zerwas slammed 6 kills, and Liz Apgar added 23 assists and 3 blocks, as Libertyville captured the Class 4A Warren regional championship with a 25-17, 19-25, 25-19 win over No. 8 New Trier on Thursday night. Elsewhere in the playoffs, Wauconda defeated Antioch and Glenbrook South eliminated Grayslake Central.
Girls volleyball: Larkin to face Loyola for regional title Oct 28, 2014 9:27 PM
Up by 11 points in Game 2, Larkin’s girls volleyball team was poised to take the victory away from higher seeded Northside College Prep. Eleven points after that the Royals finally got to celebrate that victory, reaching the regional finals with a 25-16, 25-21 win in one semifinal of the Class 4A Larkin regional Tuesday night.
Girls volleyball: Harvest, Westminster to meet for 1A crown Oct 28, 2014 9:56 PM
Harvest Christian and Westminster Christian took care of business Tuesday night and now Elgin’s two Class 1A girls volleyball teams, whose schools reside within a mile of each other, will travel to Deerfield Thursday for a regional championship.
Versatile Burlington C., Kaneland to meet for title Oct 28, 2014 10:53 PM
The girls volleyball teams from Kaneland and Burlington Central demonstrated a common trait in their respective semifinal wins at the Class 3A Hampshire regional Tuesday: versatility. In the first semifinal, Kaneland overcame a sluggish start to knock off St. Edward 25-21, 25-22. Burlington Central then defeated Genoa-Kingston 27-25, 25-14 in the second semifinal.
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Time for Fire to give fans a title-contender
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Stevenson High earns top marks on report cards
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- Fairfield's in the future for Schaumburg's Akinola
- Washington ends Cowboys' 6-game winning streak
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Aerosmith's Joe Perry visits Arlington Hts. guitar shop
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.