Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Track and Field
Bekele to make his Chicago Marathon debut Oct 10, 2014 5:15 PM
Kenenisa Bekele of Ethiopia, one of the greatest track and cross country runnesr of all time, heads the field of Sunday’s 37th running of the Chicago Marathon (7-11 a.m., NBC). The women’s elite field is led by defending champion Rita Jeptoo, who ran her first career sub 2:20 in last year’s race.
Kern ready to assume ‘opportunity’ at York Sep 17, 2014 8:17 PM
One might think there’d be pressure coming in as York’s new boys track and field coach. Charlie Kern doesn’t think so.
Barrington Dist. 220 Special Olympics team honored Sep 4, 2014 4:54 PM
Some members of the Barrington High School Special Olympics track and field, basketball and soccer teams were honored at this week’s meeting of the Barrington Area Unit District 220 school board. The after-school program has been growing steadily since it was introduced by Shandra Nosal, who started the track and field team six years ago.
Bolt expects to run under 10 seconds on beach Aug 15, 2014 5:51 PM
Usain Bolt expects to run under 10 seconds in a 100-meter race set up on a Rio de Janeiro beach this weekend. Bolt will be competing against three other sprinters in the “Mano a Mano Challenge” on a track at Leme beach.
Gurnee’s Warren Township High School recognizes spring sports success Jun 26, 2014 1:01 AM
Warren Township High School's state championship girls softball team and other squads that made a splash in the spring season were recognized at a meeting Tuesday night.
Local gold medalists: Jun 23, 2014 4:16 PM
Two Special Olympics athletes from Lake County received gold medals in a weeklong competition in New Jersey last week.
There was no quit in Schaumburg’s Smith Jun 14, 2014 5:01 PM
For all of the athletic prowess he displayed in a standout sports career at Schaumburg, what ended up separating Stacey Smith was simply determination.
Burlington Central’s Ege wants more Jun 14, 2014 4:58 PM
It takes a lot to satisfy Burlington Central state champion hurdler Lucas Ege. At the boys state track and field meet in Charleston on May 31, The 17-year-old won the title in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles in Class 2A record-setting time (37.34). He also finished third in the 110 high hurdles and ran the opening legs for both Burlington Central’s third-place, school record-setting 1,600-meter relay and its fourth-place 400-meter relay.
Mundelein’s Parola fulfills legacy of all-around excellence Jun 14, 2014 4:57 PM
Mundelein three-sport athlete Derek Parola, the Daily Herald's Lake County male athlete of the year, shared much of his distinguished career with his father Todd, who coached him in golf and baseball.
Switch to track and field pays off for Lincolshire Special Olympian Jun 12, 2014 11:06 AM
Peter Hill has been competing in the Special Olympics since he was a young child living in Virginia. But last year, the 34-year-old Lincolnshire resident switched from softball to track and field. The move paid off, as Peter earned a spot representing Illinois in the upcoming Special Olympics 2014 USA Games, kicking off Saturday in New Jersey.
Girls soccer: Saturday, June 7 results Jun 7, 2014 8:59 PM
Results of area high school girls soccer games for Saturday, June 7.
Girls soccer: Friday, June 6 results Jun 6, 2014 9:48 PM
Results of area high school girls soccer games for Friday, June 6.
Kaneland’s runner-up featured mix of veterans, youth Jun 5, 2014 6:12 PM
On Sunday, Kaneland graduated a slew of athletes who led the Knights to second place in Class 2A at the Boys Track and Field State Finals in Charleston. They’ll also return key members who in 2015 will try to prevent Cahokia from winning a boys record fifth straight state championship.
Girls soccer: Tuesday, June 3 results Jun 4, 2014 12:08 AM
Results of area high school girls soccer games for Tuesday, june 3.
Patience pays off for Glenbard South’s Singleton May 31, 2014 11:58 PM
Even behind the black shades, Joe Singleton looked almost uncomfortable. The finals of the Class 2A 3,200-meter run went out slowly, and the slim Illinois State-bound senior seemed itching to cut loose from the lead pack. He remembered his coaching.
Girls soccer: Saturday, May 31 results May 31, 2014 11:51 PM
Results of area high school girls soccer games for Saturday, May 31.
Boys track: Saturday, May 31 results May 31, 2014 11:51 PM
Results of area high school boys track meets for Saturday, May 31.
Images: Boys State Track & Field Finals Round May 31, 2014 7:13 PM
Images from the Boys Track & Field Finals Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Saturday, May 31.
Kaneland pushes but can’t topple Cahokia May 31, 2014 11:52 PM
Ben Barnes saw the opening and took it. Cahokia’s Jamari Ward, who had led Class 2A long jump since he went 22 feet, 10½ inches on his first attempt in Friday’s preliinaries of the Boys Track and Field Championships, didn’t go any farther his first try in Saturday’s finals. The next time around, he passed. Barnes, the junior from Kaneland, responded with an 8-inch personal-record leap of 23-5 that catapulted him into first place.
Winning show from Grant’s Wells May 31, 2014 11:11 PM
All through his senior season and for most of his career at Grant, Jonathan Wells hasn’t been known for being much of a showman. Wells always went about his business respectfully, with the class of a champion. But on Saturday, during the Class 3A boys track and field state finals at O’Brien Field, Wells decided to give the people what they wanted.
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Bulls' Butler not worried about his next deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- No more excuses
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.