Activate Your Free
Articles filed under St. Joseph High School
Montini tunes it up against St. Joseph Oct 3, 2014 11:15 PM
Once sophomore running back Prince Walker ran it in from 18 yards out in the first quarter, Montini never looked back. St. Joseph (2-4) was seemingly overmatched from the beginning, as the Chargers could not get much going on the ground or through the air as the Broncos (4-2) rolled to a 49-7 victory Friday in Lombard.
Daily Herald Prep Excellence award winners May 4, 2014 8:29 PM
The Daily Herald's Prep Sports Excellence event Sunday at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates provided a platform to recognize some amazing achievements from the finest high school athletes and coaches. Here are our winners in the categories of dazzling moment, overcoming obstacles, sportsmanship and spirit.
Timothy Christian falters vs. St. Joseph Mar 8, 2014 12:04 AM
The Timothy Christian boys basketball team walked out of the locker room Friday night and back up the stairs into the St. Joseph gymnasium with understandably long faces after the Chargers prevailed 51-42 to win its own Class 3A regional title.
Boys basketball: Scouting the Class 3A St. Joseph regional final Mar 6, 2014 8:30 PM
Scouting DuPage County boys basketball regional finals
Images: Team Dance Illinois’ Grand Championship Mar 3, 2014 6:21 PM
Team Dance Illinois' Grand Championship was held Sunday, March 2 at the Peoria Civic Center. The event showcases Illinois’ best dance, pom, drill and guard teams competing throughout the event.
Batavia gives St. Joseph a scare Feb 9, 2014 12:04 AM
Batavia’s basketball team finished 0-2 for the weekend following Saturday night’s 58-51 loss to perennial powerhouse St. Joseph at the 21st annual Jim and Sylvia Roberts Night of Hoops.
Stevenson plays on at Proviso Dec 30, 2013 11:07 PM
Stevenson ran away with an 85-71 victory over St. Joseph to advance into the championship game of Proviso’s 36-team tournament, billed as America’s largest high school basketball holiday tournament. The Patriots, who improve to 12-0, will face Morgan Park at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Morgan Park defeated Bogan (61-47) in Monday’s other semifinal.
Loberg shines again in Geneva’s win Dec 26, 2013 10:04 PM
It’s not ordinary for a player to start the season on the JV team, get called up to varsity, then lead her team in scoring her first four games. Grace Loberg is not your ordinary player.
Game video: St. Charles East vs. St. Joseph Nov 30, 2013 5:04 PM
St. Charles East takes on St. Joseph Friday in boys basketball action. Follow the game here with video from High School Cube, and come back later for the replay and highlights.
Game video: Schaumburg vs. St. Joe’s boys basketball Nov 25, 2013 11:35 AM
Schaumburg takes on St. Joseph in boys basketball action Monday. Follow the action here with video from High School Cube, then come back later for the replay and highlights.
Thomas, Williams fill it up for West Aurora Jan 27, 2013 12:05 AM
Seniors Spencer Thomas and Matt Williams usually fill their roles with defense, rebounding and hustle plays for West Aurora. On Saturday night, their roles were to fill the stat sheet with more points than usually anticipated when the Blackhawks faced St. Joseph in the 16th Annual National Guard High School Hoops Showdown at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. Thomas scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half and Williams provided a big early boost with 9 of his 10 points in the second quarter as the Blackhawks (16-3) produced a solid 56-47 victory over the Chargers (12-10).
Centre of attention: Showdown draws top teams Jan 23, 2013 9:41 PM
Some of the top area boys basketball teams will be in action Saturday at the Sears Central for the National Guard High School Hoops Showdown. Action tips off at 4:30 p.m. Saturday with St. Viator vs. Notre Dame, followed by Naperville Central vs. Benet and finishing up with West Aurora vs. St. Joseph.
St. Joseph fends off St. Charles East’s rally Dec 29, 2012 10:27 PM
It has often been said that coaches learn more about their teams during defeats than any other time. St. Charles East basketball coach Patrick Woods learned more about his team during the Saints' 49-46 loss to St. Joseph (9-5) in the seventh-place semifinal contest at Saturday's Proviso West Holiday Tournament.
Photo gallery: Prep images of the week Nov 26, 2012 10:55 PM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from state football finals and basketball.
St. Charles East stuns St. Joseph Nov 24, 2012 12:13 AM
There will be a distinctive St. Charles flavor to tonight's championship game of the 54th annual Ron Johnson Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament at St. Charles East. Less than 2 hours after St. Charles North (3-0) rallied for a 53-48 victory over Downers Grove South to clinch a berth in the tourney finals, St. Charles East (3-0) staged an impressive second-half comeback of its own Friday night.
Images: St. Joseph vs. Montini girls basketball Feb 23, 2012 10:27 PM
Montini won 75-35 over St. Joseph Thursday night in a Class 3A girls basketball sectional final at Glenbard South high school in Glen Ellyn.
Young Glenbard South falters in sectional Feb 22, 2012 12:47 AM
Glenbard South's youth finally caught up with it. The Raiders saw their postseason run end in the Class 3A sectional semifinals, losing to St. Joseph 59-37 at Glenbard South on Tuesday night. The underclassmen-led Raiders got out to a nightmare start, falling behind 11-0 while committing 8 turnovers. By the end of the first quarter, St. Joseph led 20-2. It was 34-10 at halftime.
Neuqua Valley’s bloop barrage stymies St. Joe Jul 25, 2011 6:41 PM
Neuqua Valley's baseball team opened play in the Phil Lawler Summer Classic by beating St. Joseph 6-2 Monday at Benedictine University in Lisle.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week May 3, 2011 1:00 AM
Who’s competing Mar 6, 2011 6:46 AM
Who will be competing in the Team Dance Illinois championships on Sunday in Peoria.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Airstrikes on ISIS are getting us nowhere
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Does reality TV hurt girls?
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Country blunder
- With huge search area mapped, MH370 hunt resuming
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) DRIVER CDL-A - West Suburban Stone Distributor seeks driver for Regional runs. Home 4-5 nights per week. Good driving record required. Complete benefits package. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4388662)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388989) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.