Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Soccer
Boys soccer: Streamwood nails down first sectional title Nov 1, 2014 6:37 PM
Donnie Sosa and the Streamwood boys soccer team could have hung their heads Saturday after allowing their first postseason goal. Instead the Sabres tied the game less than 2 minutes later and Sosa headed home the game-winner in the first overtime as Streamwood won its first sectional championship, beating Rockford Boylan, 2-1, at the Class 3A DeKalb sectional.
Boys soccer: Saturday’s results Nov 2, 2014 12:02 AM
Here are high school boys soccer results from Saturday, Nov. 1.
Timothy takes second place at state Nov 1, 2014 10:00 PM
Getting to the Class 1A championship match took more than grit for Timothy Christian boys soccer team.
Naperville North blanks Batavia for sectional title Nov 1, 2014 8:06 PM
Batavia hadn’t been shut out all season. Naperville North goalkeeper Riley Wiest hadn’t started all season. Those two elements made Saturday afternoon’s Class 3A Bolingbrook sectional championship all the more captivating.
It’s on to the supersectional for St. Viator Nov 1, 2014 5:13 PM
One by one, St. Viator has sent home those with higher postseason seeds in the Grayslake Central sectional. The trend continued Saturday morning, as the Lions met Marian Central Catholic — a club that had beaten St. Viator in conference play and thus earned a higher seed at No. 2. The No. 5 seed Lions (20-5-1) taught the Hurricanes a harsh lesson in revenge, scoring twice after intermission, and dominating the proceedings on the turf at Eiserman Stadium in Grayslake to earn a 2-0 victory. That puts St. Viator in in Tuesday’s Class 2A supersectional at Stevenson against Chicago Public League foe Foreman.
Timothy Christian advances to championship game Nov 1, 2014 12:19 AM
Ben Lodewyk made a big penalty kick save on Tuesday to get Timothy Christian down to the Class 1A boys soccer tournament. He found another trick up his sleeve in goal on Friday at the state semifinals. His diving save during the penalty-kick shootout moves the Trojans onto Saturday’s championship game.
Lefevre’s cold-blooded goal lifts Fremd Oct 31, 2014 10:10 PM
Fremd substitute James Lefevre came to the rescue. With 12 minutes left, the sophomore fired homer the game-winning goal to send the No. 3 Vikings to a 2-1 victory over No. 13 Highland Park. The victory moves the Vikes (18-5-1) into Tuesday’s Barrington supersectional against the winner of the Niles North sectional (New Trier vs. Evanston, Saturday).
Harper women’s soccer players net postseason acclaim Oct 30, 2014 8:38 PM
A solid group of Harper College women’s soccer players were recently rewarded for solid seasons by earning all-conference and all-region honors. Freshman goalie Nicole Soderholm (Buffalo Grove) and freshman forward Danielle Reptowski (Schaumburg) were named first team all-region and all-conference, while teamates Kassidy Kushner (a freshman from Barrington) and Jillian Zelek (a sophomore from Elk Grove) were named to both second teams.
Fire’s Shipp ‘learned a lot’ Nov 1, 2014 5:16 PM
Chicago Fire midfielder Harry Shipp started the season looking like a lock for MLS Rookie of the Year. He cooled off the second half of the season as he learned one reason being a professional is so much different from playing in college.
Time for Fire to give fans a title-contender Oct 30, 2014 2:10 PM
Let's set the ground rules for the Chicago Fire's off-season right away. If the Fire doesn't sign at least two designated players this winter, fans should see it as a sign the club isn't serious about winning.
Boys soccer: Wednesday’s results Oct 30, 2014 12:05 AM
Here are high school boys soccer results from Wednesday, Oct. 29.
Streamwood lives to play another day Oct 29, 2014 11:22 PM
When Streamwood’s Donnie Sosa turned in a header 57 seconds into a Class 3A DeKalb sectional semifinal against Huntley Wednesday, the daunting task for the Sabre defense was clear. Hold on for another 79 minutes and 3 seconds and the postseason ride would continue.
Yunker’s goal sends Batavia past Benet Oct 29, 2014 10:55 PM
Brandon Yunker was feeling very good on Wednesday night. The Batavia senior midfielder had good reason to be feeling that way as he scored the go-ahead goal with 10:05 remaining to help the Bulldogs beat Benet, 3-1, in a Class 3A Bolingbrook sectional semifinal.
Rockford Boylan ousts Crystal Lake South Oct 29, 2014 11:01 PM
The Gators didn't have any quit in them. Crystal Lake South battled Rockford Boylan right to the wire, but fell 1-0 to the Titans in the first semifinal of the Class 4A De Kalb boys soccer sectional Wednesday night.
Tres, St. Viator blank Antioch Oct 29, 2014 9:04 PM
St. Viator was seeded No. 5 in the Class 2A Grayslake Central sectional but the Lions effort appeared more like one of the top seeds. They scored three times in the first half en route to a 3-0 shutout over top-seeded Antioch 3-0 in Grayslake on Wednesday night.
Marian Central stops Grayslake North’s playoff run Oct 29, 2014 11:01 PM
It was only the second time Grayslake North’s boys soccer program was appearing in a sectional game. The Knights would have preferred a different outcome Wednesday as they came up short in spite of a gallant effort. Third-seeded Grayslake North fell to No. 2 Marian Central Catholic 2-0 in the Class 2A Grayslake Central semifinal on Wednesday night.
Boys soccer: Tuesday’s results Oct 29, 2014 12:34 AM
Here are high school boys soccer results from Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Boys soccer: Northwest roundup Oct 28, 2014 11:00 PM
Rolling Meadows 3, West Chicago 0: The Mustangs extended their postseason surge by shutting down the Wildcats in Class 3A sectional semifinal play Tuesday hosted by Bartlett. Rolling Meadows advances to meet No. 2 seed Lake Park in an 11:30 a.m. Saturday sectional championship matchup. The Lancers stayed alive by eliminating the top-seeded team, Glenbard West, 2-0 in Tuesday’s second matchup at Bartlett. Evanston 2, Leyden 1, OT: The firth-seeded Eagles took the top seeded Wildkits to extra time before falling short in Niles North sectional semifinal play.
Sullivan, Naperville North shock Naperville Central Oct 28, 2014 10:57 PM
Naperville North coach Jim Konrad has seen his share of fantastic goals over the years. On Tuesday he saw one that he called the “goal of the century.”
Lake Park shuts out Glenbard West Oct 28, 2014 10:23 PM
With Lake Park’s defensive record it’s unbeatable when it scores, and that trend continued against Glenbard West in the Class 3A Bartlett sectional semifinal at Streamwood.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Carpentersville cops not charged in death; video released
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- George W. Bush coming to Naperville for book signing
- Driver critically injured after crashing into Streamwood home
- Derrick Rose plays just 10 minutes, Bulls lose
- Girls basketball scoreboard: Tuesday's results
- Kane plans 'No Refusal' DUI patrol on Black Wednesday
- Bone marrow registry drive for Buffalo Grove 4-year-old
- Repeal the law that was passed by deceit
- Lindenhurst man killed in crash
- Elk Grove finalizes lineup for summer concert series
- Naperville restaurant offers free Thanksgiving meal to those in need
- Carpentersville cops not charged in death after arrest
- Obama plan won't help all suburban immigrants
- New Buffalo Grove downtown plan still faces hurdles
- Wisconsin man charged in fatal crash
- Bears fed Wheaton's Grange in first Thanksgiving game
- Bulls must go slow with Noah, Rose
- DRIVER / LABORER - Driver/Laborer -labor intense Class A tanker Hazmat required. $22.70 per hour, weekend & nights required. 50-55 hours/week. Fax resume to 630-257-2181. OSCO OIL 13351 Main St. Lemont, IL 60439 EEO/M/F/VET/DISABILITY (id:4391595) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, November 24 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON Acura 1275 East Dundee Road, Palatine, IL -Just West of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4391941) LABORER - Labor General en Perma-Seal con buenos salarios y beneficios Necesita licencia de conducir vlida y hablar ingls. Contacte email@example.com o llame 630-241-8884 (id:4391307)
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL CDL A DRIVERS Local City Runs That Make Money ! -Home Every Day & Weekends! -Comprehensive Benefits w/401K Match! -Strong, Stable and Friendly Company! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before December 15th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc. 317 W Lake Street Northlake, IL 60164 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4391848) OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER - Real Estate OUTSIDE REAL ESTATE LOAN OFFICER Round Lake Beach 5 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Equivalent to a four-year college degree or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending. To consult with members and non-members to find the best solutions to their mort-gage lending needs. Take applications for residential real estate loans. Evaluate the information for qualifying the applicant for the loan amount and program they are requesting. Participates in developing outside/external sources for real estate lending opportunities and expanding the Credit Union's membership base. 100% Commission Based. Resume to Fax: 847-265-5080; e-mail: email@example.com No calls please. EOE (id:4391813) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983)
- HEALTHCARE - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN for a busy ophthalmology practice in Elgin. Fax resume 847-888-0652 (id:4391027) INSTALLER - Installer -CSC in Wheeling, IL is hiring an Equipment Installer. Plumbing, gas fitting and vent experience a plus. Call Lauren: 516-496-7327 or email@example.com (id:4391840) HEALTHCARE - NURSE ASSISTANTS - Nurse Assistant NSSEO, a pub. sch. spec. ed. dist. is seeking qualified applicants for full-time nurse assistant position located in A.H. at Riley School. RN licensure required. $25.21/hr, school calendar, full benefits. Apply online at www.nsseo.org EOE (id:4391748)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.