Activate Your Free
Articles filed under School Board
Trio of veteran school board members running again Jan 26, 2015 9:07 AM
Plenty of incumbents will be on the ballot in April's local elections -- but few have served as long as school board veterans Merv Roberts, Terry Moons and Marge Loizzo. The trio has more than a century of combined experience, with tenures date back to the 1970s and 1980s.
Palatine District 15 board, not voters, to choose Bokor’s successor Jan 7, 2015 2:57 PM
The Palatine Township Elementary District 15 school board next week will begin the process of choosing a new member to complete the term of Richard Bokor, the board’s vice president and former high school teacher who died Sunday from colon cancer. Officials say voters won’t get to elect Bokor’s replacement because his death occurred with fewer than 868 days left in his term.
Who’s running for school board seats in the Northwest suburbs Dec 29, 2014 10:54 AM
Now that the deadline to file as a school board candidate has passed, here’s a look at the candidates vying for seats in the Northwest suburbs.
School candidates’ ballot order lottery on Monday Dec 26, 2014 1:05 PM
Cook County Clerk David Orr will hold lotteries at 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 29 to determine ballot order for suburban school board candidates who filed their petitions at the same time.
U-46 board is hottest school board race in Kane County Dec 31, 2014 11:08 AM
Two of the largest school districts in Kane County have opposite problems in the spring election: either too many candidates or too few. Elgin Area School District U-46 takes the lead with eleven candidates, including two incumbents vying for four 4-year terms on the school board in the April 7 election. Hampshire-based Community Unit District 300 is one candidate shy with just three candidates for four 2-year seats available.
Kane County trustee races heating up, as candidate filing ends Dec 22, 2014 6:20 PM
A slew of candidates seeking seats on village boards in Kane County dashed to clerks offices Monday on the last day for filing petitions for the April 7 election. Several hotly contested mayoral and trustee races are in the offing, including Elgin, Huntley, Lake in the Hills, Carpentersville, and Hampshire.
Races take shape for Arlington Heights board, schools and park district Dec 23, 2014 10:30 AM
Arlington Heights voters will have contested races next spring for village trustee, school boards in District 214 and District 25, and the Arlington Heights park board.
School candidate lottery: Dec 16, 2014 4:55 PM
Lake County Clerk Carla N. Wyckoff will conduct a public lottery on Tuesday, Dec. 23 at 10 a.m. in the main lobby of the Lake County Courthouse and Administrative Complex, 18 North County St., Waukegan.
District 211 board President Robertson not seeking re-election Dec 17, 2014 10:04 AM
[No Paragraph Style]NewsPalatine-Schaumburg High School District 211 board President Bill Robertson has announced he won’t seek re-election in the April 7 race. Robertson, who also serves as superintendent of Creston Community Consolidated School District 161 west of DeKalb, said he wanted to dedicate all of his time to that position.
Lake County Clerk Carla Wyckoff says first day of filing went smoothly Dec 15, 2014 7:48 PM
The start of candidate filing for the April 2015 consolidated election was the first big test of new Lake County Clerk Carla Wyckoff’s fledgling political career. Fortunately, Wyckoff said, things couldn’t have gone better Monday.
School board filing going smoothly in Cook County Dec 15, 2014 4:56 PM
School board candidate filing is going surprisingly smoothing Monday morning in Cook County, officials say, even though candidates now must file with the county clerk and not their individual school districts.
Fox Valley municipal, school board races spark interest Dec 15, 2014 7:18 PM
It wasn’t a mad rush, yet a number of candidates vying for seats on village and school boards throughout the Fox Valley turned out Monday for the first day of filing petitions for the April 7 election. Among the municipal races, Huntley’s is already contested with two incumbents and two challengers vying for three, 4-year term seats on the board.
Cook Coounty clerk adds suburban filing locations for school candidates Nov 25, 2014 11:36 AM
The Cook County Clerk’s office is setting up four locations in the city of Chicago and the suburbs for school board candidates in the April 7 election to submit their nominating petitions when the filing period begins Dec. 15. Under a new state law, school board hopefuls must file for candidacy through their county clerk rather than at their school district’s office.
Three District 214 board members running for re-election Nov 17, 2014 6:10 PM
All three sitting members of the Northwest Suburban High School District 214 school board who are up for election in April 2015 have said they will run for re-election. Bill Dussling, Alva Kreutzer, and Dan Petro made the announcement in a joint news release.
School board candidates must file papers with county, not local districts Nov 13, 2014 6:29 PM
For the first time, people interested in running for a suburban school board post must filed their candidacy papers with the appropriate county, rather than the local school district office.
District 50 candidate petitions: Oct 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Nominating petitions are available for three seats on the Woodland Elementary District 50 school board that will be filled at the April 7 election.
District 79 candidates: Oct 3, 2014 5:41 PM
Nominating petition forms for the April 7, 2015, Fremont Elementary District 79 school board are available.
District 118 candidates: Oct 2, 2014 4:32 PM
Nominating petition forms for the April 7, 2015 school board election in Wauconda Unit District 118 are now available.
Longtime Dist. 207 board member resigns Apr 9, 2014 4:59 PM
Longtime Maine Township High School District 207 board member Donna Pellar is stepping down because she is moving out of the district, officials said. Pellar, a retired educator, was elected to the board in 1995.
Editorial: Limiting discussion not the way to control public meetings Mar 6, 2014 5:00 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says a new Arlington Heights District 25 school board policy unwisely limits board members' discussion of public issues.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Jenny McCarthy to appear at Arcada Theatre
- Fremd's wait for state is over
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- Crystal Lake police seek despondent teen
- Focused Montini overcomes Antioch
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Monday's results
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Congress sends Homeland bill to Obama
- Your Illinois license won't be enough to fly
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- 'Deep pockets' needed for buyer of Motorola Solutions
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- Route 137 near Grayslake reopens after crash
- ECC board candidates talk tuition, taxes
- Thibs deserves an extension from Bulls
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing half-sister
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398779) MANUFACTURING OPEN HOUSE - Manufacturing OPEN HOUSE Orientations EVERY Tuesday in March & April, 10am-3pm! ANDREWS STAFFING 726 East Dundee, Palatine, IL ;; Maintenance Mechanic-to $14 Material Handler $12 Injection Molding to $12 Assembly -$12 Picker to $12 Office Clerk -to $14 Tester/ Packer $10 Machine Operator -to $9.75 Data Entry Clerk - $9 Call 847-202-6200 for details. email@example.com (id:4399637) MACHINIST - CNC Machinist To $12/hr CNC Set Up/ Operator with 3+ years experience on CNC Lathes & Mills as well as own transportation req'd. 1st shift Evanston 773-205-1555 (id:4399612)
- WAREHOUSE - : General Warehouse : 1st & 2nd Shifts Skokie Fast paced environment. To $10.50/hr 773-205-1555 (id:4399614) INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE - Complete cycle counting and reconciliation activities on schedule. Complete inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain accurate inventory. Investigate and resolve piece part count discrepancies on jobs. May complete additional tasks such as parts picking, issuing, material transport, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed. Completes work on schedule and at required quality levels. Work closely and effectively with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire operation. Reports component, process, and-or product problems to Supervisor. Follows defined quality system documentation as required by ISO. Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Works with minimal supervision on assigned tasks. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Education-Experience-Qualifications: Minimum of 1 yr. experience in inventory control and warehouse environment a plus. Excellent attention to detail. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to work with very small components email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399062) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our top sales associates made over $100,000 last yr. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -INTERVIEWS: Monday, March 2nd 2015 3pm to 7pm INTERVIEWS HELD AT: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd -At the corner of Golf & Plum Grove Rd in Schaumburg -Across from Schaumburg Honda Automobiles No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4399750)
- SPRING COILING OPERATOR - Manufacturing -Mastercoil Spring Co. 4010 Albany, Mc-Henry, IL is seeking a Spring Coiling operator. Base pay is $11 -$15 based on exp. Please apply within or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399605) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449) CDL CLASS A DRIVER - All local Home for dinner every night Hourly Pay, no nights no weekends. Contact Paul at 773-378-1267 (id:4399771)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.